Get Latest ACET Syllabus Right Now!!! Applicants, who’re going to appear Actuarial Common Entrance Test for those aspirants who are planning to enroll as student members of IAI may start their preparation with latest ACET Syllabus 2018 along with Exam Pattern. Participating candidates in ACET Exam may download Syllabus of Actuarial Common Entrance Test for Maths, Statistics, English, DI and Logic in PDF format from this page. You’re advised to read below information to get up to date information regarding ACET Actuaries Entrance Exam Syllabus.
Institute of Actuaries of India (IAI) is a statutory body is going to organize this examination to intake those aspirants who are planning to begin their Graduation in IAI. Institute of Actuaries of India Syllabus is available here so contenders can download it by following all the steps as customized below. You may get more information related to this exam by scrolling down this page which is well structured below by the team of member of recruitmentresult.com
Here we have shared ACET 2018 Syllabus for all the subjects. Institute of Actuaries of India (IAI) conducts this examination to test the skills, capabilities and knowledge of students. Updated Syllabus links is provided below and you can also download in PDF format free of cost. Syllabus for ACET Examination will include the following:
ACET Mathematics Syllabus
- Notation and standard functions
- Numerical Methods
ACET Statistics Syllabus
|Permutations and combinations||–|
Types of data
|Statistical diagrams, bar chart, histogram, dot plot, stem-and-leaf, boxplot|
|Measures of location||mean, median, mode|
|Measures of spreadrange, interquartile range, standard deviation, variance, Skewness||–|
|Probabilities||basic rules of probabilities|
|Advanced probability||tree diagrams, conditional probabilities|
|Discrete random variables||definitions, probabilities, mean, mode, median, standard deviation, variance, coefficient of skewness|
|Continuous random variables||definitions, probabilities, mean, mode, median, standard deviation, variance, coefficient of skewness|
|Discrete distributions||discrete uniform, Bernoulli, binomial, Poisson|
|Continuous distributions||continuous uniform, exponential, the normal distribution|
|Correlation||scatter plots, covariance, correlation coefficient|
Get Here Basic / Vedic Formulas: Maths Formulas
ACET English Syllabus
- Vocabulary Based (Synonyms Antonyms)
- English Usage or Grammar
- Sentence Correction
- Fill in the blanks
- Cloze Passage
- Analogies or Reverse Analogies
- Jumbled Paragraph
- Meaning-Usage Match
- Summary Questions
- Verbal Reasoning
- Facts / Inferences / Judgements
- Reading Comprehension
Vocabulary questions test the candidate’s knowledge of the primary meanings of words, secondary shades of meaning, usage, idioms and phrases, antonyms, related words, etc.
|Grammar||Grammar-based questions test the candidate’s ability to spot and correct grammatical errors. It should generally tests knowledge of high school level grammar and includes areas like subject-verb agreement, use of modifiers, parellel construction, redundancy, phrasal verbs, use of articles, prepositions, etc.|
Verbal reasoning questions are designed to test the candidate’s ability to identify relationships or patterns within groups of words or sentences.
Read Out: Common English Error in Essay Writing
ACET Data Interpretation Syllabus
Data is given in form of tables, charts and graphs. In this section it is tested that how can you interpret the given data and answers the questions based on it.
- Column Graphs
- Bar Graphs
- Line Charts
- Pie Chart
- Venn Diagrams
Combination of two or more types linked to each other.
ACET Logical Reasoning Syllabus
- Number and Letter Series
- Venn Diagrams
- Binary Logic
- Seating Arrangement
- Logical Sequence
- Logical Matching
- Logical Connectives
- Blood Relations
ACET Exam Pattern
|45 Questions||1 Marks|
|20 Questions||2 Marks|
|05 Questions||3 Marks|
- The duration of the entrance test will be 3 hours.
- The exam will have 70 multiple choice type’s questions.
- The question paper will be of 100 marks.
- The questions of Section I will contain 55% of weightage and Section II will contain 45% of weightage. Section I comprises of Mathematics, Statistics and Data Interpretation and Section II consists of English and Logical Reasoning.
- There is a procedure of negative marking.
ACET Study Material:
- TOMATO (Test Of Mathematics at Ten plus Two level published by ISI)
- How to Prepare for Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension for CAT by Arun Sharma and Meenakshi Upadhyay, Mc Graw Hill
- How to prepare for Quantitative Aptitude for the CAT Editor: Arun Sharma
- Quantitative Aptitude for Competitive Examinations Editor: Abhijit Guha
- The Pearson and Guide to Verbal Ability and Logical Reasoning for the CAT Editor: Nishit K. Sinha
- Quantitative Aptitude for MBA Entrance Examinations Editor: R.S. Aggarwal
- High School English Grammar and Composition- Wren and Martin
- Word Power Made Easy Editor: Norman Lewis
- Problem Solving Strategies Editor: Arthur Engel
- Challenge and Thrill of Pre-College Mathematics by New Age International Publishers
- Challenging Mathematical Problems with Elementary Solutions Editors: A.M. Yaglom and I.M. Yaglom
- An Excursion in Mathematics Editors: M. R. Modak, S. A. Katre, V. V. Acharya, V. M. Sholapurkar
- Problem Primer for the Olympiad Editors: C R Pranesachar, B J Venkatachala, C S Yogananda
- Trishna’s Data Interpretation and Logical Reasoning for the CAT and other MBA Entrance Examinations
- ACTED Study Material – FAC and STATS PACK
Steps To Download ACET 2018 Syllabus:
Candidates who want to download syllabus of ACET they need to follow the below important steps:-
- Firstly you need to log on the official site of the organization that www.actuariesindia.org
- On the home page you need to move your cursor to the “ACET” section and hit on the “Syllabus” tab.
- On the next page subject wise syllabus will be shown on your screen.
- Aspirants need to check the entire syllabus carefully.
- You can also take a print out and download it for preparation of the exam.
Download Here: ACET Syllabus PDF
Candidates you may also check this Official Link to check ACET Syllabus 2018 and also advised to stay connected with this web portal and gain all the updated news. Candidates if you have any suggestion or query, then you’re most welcome to be the part of discussion in the comment section below.
Have a look on below links
|Logical Reasoning Quiz||How to Prepare for Maths|
|English Improvement Tips||Create Your Own Study Guide|
|Strategies To Improve Memory||Best Ways To Finish Exam On Time|
|Brainstorming Activity For Students||Tips To Score Good Marks|