Before getting registered for AFCAT 2018, aspirants must ensure AFCAT Eligibility Details through this page!!! Candidates can check AFCAT – Age Limit / Education Qualification and other information by scrolling down this page.
AFCAT is conducted by the Indian Air Force for selection of officers in all branches of the IAF that is Flying Branch, Technical Branch and Ground Duty Branch (Permanent Commission and Short Service Commission.
Check Eligibility for AFCAT 2018
Candidate should fulfill some of the eligibility criteria to become member of Air Force. The Indian Air Force conducts Air Force Common Admission Test (AFCAT) twice (in February and August) in a year to select eligible and enthusiastic candidates in their squad.
Those who are willing to be the part of Indian Air Force through Air Force Common Admission Test must check AFCAT Eligibility Details from this page which is well presented by the team members of recruitmentresult.com.
Candidates can choose one of the branch as career as per their eligibility and interest. Each branch has some criteria, which needs to be fulfilled. Those who meet the AFCAT 2018 eligibility can apply as per the schedule prescribed.
General Conditions For AFCAT 2018
- Appliers should be a permanent resident of India
- In the case of SSC Entry both Male and Females can apply
Check Here –
AFCAT Eligibility 2018
AFCAT flying branch eligibility
Nationality-Candidate must be an Indian citizen.
- Age Criteria– Candidate must be within 20 to 24 years in case of both Men and Women at the time of commencement of course.
- Academic Qualification– Any graduate with Physics and Mathematics subjects or completed B.E./B. Tech. (Four Year Course) securing at least 60% marks OR
- Candidate appearing in the final semester/year will also be eligible provided that he/she should qualify the exam and produce certificate whenever asked.
- Marital Status– Candidate must be single.
Check Also: Jobs As Per Your Qualification
AFCAT Eligibility for Technical Branch
- Nationality-Indian citizen can apply for this post.
- Age– candidate’s age must within 20 to 26 years at the time of commencement of course.
- Marital Status– Applicant below 25 years of age, should not be married.
- Gender-Both men and women can apply.
- Educational Qualification– There are two branches in Aeronautical Engineering i.e. Electronics and Mechanical and based on stream, criteria are different.
AFCAT Eligibility for Aeronautical Engineering Electronics
Candidate should have obtained 60% marks each in Physics and Mathematics at 10+2 level and have completed following educational qualification:
Minimum four year Graduation / integrated post-graduation qualification in engineering/technology
Passed section A and B examination of Associate Membership of Institutions of Engineers (India) OR from Aeronautical Society of India
Candidate securing 60% marks in the Graduate membership exam of Institute of Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering by actual studies in any one of the Electronic / Engineering stream.
You Can Also Check:
AFCAT Eligibility for Aeronautical Engineering Mechanical
Candidate must have completed 10+2 with Physics and Mathematics obtaining at least 60% marks and should have gone through one of following qualifying:
Minimum four year graduation degree/integrated post-graduate qualification in Engineering/Technology from any recognized university
Passed section A and B exam of Associate Membership of Institution of Engineers (India)
Aeronautical Society of India by actual studies with at least 60% marks or equivalent in the following streams:-
- Mechanical Engineering and Automation
- Aeronautical Engineering
- Aircraft Maintenance Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Aerospace Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering (Production)
- Industrial Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering (Repair and Maintenance)
Get Details About – Career In Air Force
AFCAT Eligibility for Ground Duty
- Nationality– An Indian citizen can apply.
- Age Criteria– Age must be within 20 to 26 year.
- Academic Qualification– candidate must be a Graduate/Post-graduate to become eligible. However, candidate must have secured at least 60% marks in the qualifying exam.
- Gender– Both Men and Women can apply.
- Marital Status– Both married and unmarried can apply but candidate below 25 years must be unmarried.
Check Also: AFCAT Exam Date
Candidates it is very necessary to satisfy physical standards that are required for AFCAT 2018 and for your easiness we have gathered them all in one table according to the particular positions:
|Physical Standards||Flying Branch||Technical Branch||Ground Duty Branch|
|Minimum Height||162.5 cms with correlated weight||Men – 157.5 Cms|
Women:- 152 Cms
with correlated weight
|Men – 157.5 Cms|
Women:- 152 Cms
with correlated weight
|Leg Length||Min – 99 cms & Max – 120 cms||Nil||Nil|
|Thigh Length||Max – 64 cms||Nil||Nil|
|Sitting Height||Min – 81.5 cms & Max – 96 cms||Nil||Nil|
|Vision||Minimum Visual Acuity 6/6 in one eye|
and 6/9 in other, correctable
to 6/6 only for hypermetropia
Get Here Details: AFCAT Syllabus
AFCAT Selection Mode:
Candidates who get shortlisted through AFCAT Written Exam then will be called for further selection rounds that are screening test. The screening test consists of Officer Intelligence Rating Test and Picture Perception and Discussion Test.
Candidate will also go through Psychological Test, Group Discussion to check interactive approach, conversation with Interviewing Officer. Those who get shortlisted through Personal Interview round then will have to undergo for medical examination.
Aspirants who want to attain more details related to AFCAT Eligibility Details are advised stay tuned with this web portal of recruitmemntresult.com. Candidates can also join us on Facebook and Google Plus to get related details openly to your wall.
Something That You Should Put An Eye On
|AFCAT Hall Ticket||AFCAT Online Mock Test|
|AFCAT Previous Question Papers||Best AFCAT Preparation Books|
|AFCAT Exam Pattern||AFCAT Sample Papers|
|Get Latest Defence Jobs||Coaching Classes forDefence|