11 Announcements of Rail Budget
Recently, Railway Minister Suresh Prabhu has announced 11 Announcements of Rail Budget 2016. Citizens, who want to get Announcement of Rail Budget to Make Common Man Happy they can check Announcement of Rail Budget 2016 from here. In the below section of this page, we are providing 11 Announcement of Rail Budget.
Railway Minister Suresh Prabhu faces a problem on whether to elevate ticket and goods rates in his second Rail Budget Thursday as railway finances come under great strain. Stating that each consumer is Railways’ brand representative, Railway Minister Suresh Prabhu speech concerned that each time a visitor assume a journey the “satisfaction measure must go up.”
From no charge hike to smart coaches and ticketing facilities for unreserved travel, Prabhu declared a slew of measures aimed at enhancing client experience. We take a look on 11 Announcement of Rail Budget such actions that will Make Common Man Happy:
11 Announcements of Rail Budget
1) For the unreserved passenger: Antyodaya Express and Deen Dayalu coaches –
- “We intend to initiate the Antyodaya Express, a long-distance, completely unreserved, superfast train service, for the ordinary man to be function on dense routes,” Prabhu said.
- “We will also add 2 -4 Deen Dayalu coaches in various long distance trains for unreserved travel to improve our carrying facility for the masses. These coaches will also have facility for potable drinking water and a advanced number of mobile charging points,” he added.
2) For the reserved passenger – Humsafar, Tejas and UDAY:
- Three choice train services, Humsafar, Tejas and UDAY were publicized. “Humsafar and Tejas will make sure expenditure recovery by way of tariff and non-tariff procedures. Humsafar would be completely air conditioned third AC service with an elective service for meals,” Prabhu said.
- “Tejas, on the other hand will display case the future of train travel in India. Working at speeds of one hundred thirty kmph and above, it will put forward onboard services such as leisure, local cuisine, Wi-Fi, etc. through one service provider for ensuring responsibility and improved client satisfaction,” he announced.
- Prabhu also said that Railways will begin all night double-decker, Utkrisht DoubleDecker AC Yatri (UDAY) Express on the busiest routes, which he claim has the prospective to raise carrying capacity by almost 40%.
3) No fare hike:
Railway Budget spared passengers and goods movement from any raise in tariffs. Prabhu promised rationalising of the tariff structure.
4) SMART Coaches:
- Railways is scheduling to re-imagine the plan and design of coaches to ensure higher carrying capacity and condition of innovative amenities including automatic doors, bar-code readers, bio-vacuum toilets, water-level meter, available dustbins, ergonomic seating, enhanced aesthetics, retailing machines, entertainment screens, LED lit boards for advertising, PA system and more.
- “These new SMART (Specially Modified Aesthetic Refreshing Travel) coaches would cater to promising requirements of our customers and also ensure lower unit cost of operations due to advanced carrying capacity,” Prabhu said.
5) Ticketing facilities:
- Railways plan to begin sale of tickets through hand held terminals for the advantage of the suburban and short distance travellers. “This would enable us to organize multiple ‘Points of Sale’ with minimal infrastructure requirement. We also plan starting sale of platform tickets through ticket vending machines which would be made well-suited with not only cash but also credit/debit cards,” he said.
- Also, in the next 3 months, Railways will open the e-ticketing facility to foreign debit/credit cards for foreign sightseer and NRIs.
- At present Railways have various digital solutions for ticketing, grievance redressal and other issues. “We mean to combine all such services into two mobile apps; one dealing with all ticketing concern and the other for receipt and redressal of grievance and suggestions interconnected to all our services,” Prabhu proposed.
6) Dealing with tatkaal menace:
There are plans to increasingly ensure CCTV coverage at tatkaal counters. “We plan to institutionalise a scheme of third party periodic inspection and certification of security features of the PRS website,” Prabhu said.
7) Improving customer interface:
- Railways will install information boards in trains specifying the onboard services and also GPS based digital displays inside coaches to provide real time information concerning upcoming halts. Railways will also make one person responsible for all facilities on the train.
- Railways is also looking at inviting FM Radio stations for providing train borne leisure by installing PA systems in trains.
8) Swachh Rail:
Railways will introduce ‘Clean my Coach’ service on Pan-India basis, where a traveler can request cleaning of his/her coach/toilets on demand through SMS. It will also install additional 30,000 bio-toilets in the next economic year.
9) IRCTC services & food availability:
- IRCTC will extending e-catering services from existing 45 big stations to all 408 ‘A-1’ and ‘A’ class stations. It will also search the option of making compulsory catering services optional in trains. Local cuisine of selection will be made available to passengers.
- Apart from this, Railways will look at pilot accessibility of children’s menu items on trains. Further baby foods, hot milk and hot water would be made available on stations and changing boards for babies would be presented in train toilets.
10) Safe travel & insurance:
To decrease the economic loss to passengers from unpleasant incidents, Railways is working with Insurance Corporation to offer possible travel insurance for rail journeys at the time of booking.
11) Rail Mitra Sewa & Accessible India:
Railways have introduced Sarathi Seva in Konkan Railway to help the old and disabled passengers involving assistance at stations. “We will enlarge this service at many more stations. We will support the existing services for enabling passengers to book battery operated cars, porter services, etc. on a paid basis in addition to the accessible pick up and drop, and wheel chair services,” Prabhu said.
In pursuance of the intention of the “Accessible India” campaign, Railways plans to make sure that all stations under redevelopment are available by Divyang. “We will make efforts to offer at least one Divyang friendly toilet at each platform in A1 class stations during the next financial year and also ensure accessibility of wheelchairs in adequate numbers at these stations,” he said.
Something That You Should Put An Eye On
|Union Budget 2016||Important Highlights of Union Budget|
|Latest Current Affairs Updates||Current National News|
|Railway Recruitment Board||Current International News|
|Uttar Pradesh Budget||Highlights of Vikas Ka Budget|