Announcements of Rail Budget
The 92-year-old practice of a separate Railway budget was discontinued last year and was merged with the Union Budget. It’s time to check the 5 Main Announcements of Rail Budget for the Financial Year 2018–19.
Railway Minister Suresh Prabhu presents Rail Budget and Benefits that are expected to be given to Common Man in रेल बजट this time from the below tuned page of recruitmentresult.com.
Rail Budget 2018
The formation of Rail Vikas Authority and High Speed Rail Authority may be a part of the Rail Budget this year, along with laying of new tracks, modernization and redevelopment of the stations, electrification of private sector participation.
Advancing the government’s reform agenda, Finance Minister Arun Jaitley will end this old tradition which is being presented separately by rail budget this time. The Railways is expected to end this fiscal with an operating ratio of 95 per cent and project a 93 per cent operating ratio for 2018-19.
5 Main Announcements of Rail Budget
Jaitley highlighted that new world-class train sets are being manufactured, dedicated freight corridors are coming up and electrification is being taken up as a priority task. Indian Railways is expected to explore other avenues to raise funding for its ambitious projects
1) No hike in passenger fares:
Action has been initiated on 139 budget announcements made last year. Eliminate all unmanned level crossings by 2020. According to the Rail Budget 2018–19, no hike in passenger fares.
Get Here: Latest BUDGET Details
2) Swacch Bharat: 17000 biotoilets and additional toilets in 475 stations before the close of this financial year.
Deen Dayal coaches for long distance trains for unreserved passengers. These coaches will include potable water and higher number of mobile charging points. IRCTC to manage catering service in phased manner. Local cuisine of choice will be made available to passengers.
Cleaning of toilets by requests through SMS. Children’s menu, baby foods, baby boards to be made available for travelling mothers.
3) Wi-Fi at 100 stations this year and 400 stations next year.
All major stations to be brought under CCTV surveillance in a phased manner. GPS-based digital display in coaches for showing upcoming stations.
Check Out: Highlights of Rail Budget
4) 1,600 km of electrification this year and 2,000 km proposed for the next year.
Increased quota for senior citizens and women travelers this year. Enhanced capacity of e-ticketing system from 2,000 tickets/min to 7,200/min. Supporting 1.2 lakh concurrent users now, as opposed to 40,000 earlier. Will open cancellation facility through 139 helpline number.
5) Overnight double-decker trains to be introduced on business travel routes.
Introduce bar-coded tickets on pilot basis to tackle menace of ticketless travel. Broad Gauge Lumding-Silchar section in Assam, connecting Barak Valley with rest of country.
Some More Announcements of Rail Budget:
- North-East India, especially Mizoram and Manipur, to be connected through broad gauge soon.
- Special purpose vehicle for the Ahmadabad-Mumbai high speed corridor registered this month.
- As many as 12,000 wagons, 5160 coaches and 700 locomotives are being procured
- These include Train 18 and Train 20 sets that will be manufactured at Integral Coach Factory in Chennai. The first of these modern train sets – Train 18 – will be rolled out in FY19.
- Redevelopment of 600 major railway stations has been taken up. All railways stations with more than 25,000 footfall to have escalators. All railways stations and trains to have Wi-Fi and CCTVs progressively
Check Also: Indian Rail Budget Updates
Visitors are advised to stay tuned with this web portal of recruitmentresult.com to get the latest Rail Budget 2018 – 19 as we will update this page when government will release Budget. So Stay Connected And Stays Updated!!!!!
Something That You Should Put An Eye On