Bakri Eid Preparation Starts
Bakri Eid Preparation Starts, as it is the most famous festival of Muslims that is celebrated all over the world having a tradition of sacrificing a goat or Bakri. In order to solemnize the sacrifice of Prophet Ibrahim’s Son, commonly called “Eid al-edha” is celebrated on the 10th day of the twelfth month of Dhul Hijjah as per the Hijri calendar. The entire world began to immolate domestic animals such as lamb, camel, goat and sheep as part of this festival’s celebrations. Bakre and Goat Began to come into the Market before the festival arrives.
Bakri Eid is a movable feast day that commemorate on the appearance of moon. As according to Islamic calendar, every year the date of festival changes and didn’t remains the same as per the Gregorian calendar. Day centered with prayer and sacrificing animals is also called “Qurbani”.
When is Eid al-Adha?
Every year this feast festival falls on different dates just as Easter because Celebration of this feast day is decided with the help of lunar cycle. Bakri Eid is celebrated on the day when moon appeared, but there is no exact definition of what this means. According to sources, this year Eid al-Adha will celebrate on 13th September. On the appearance of spotted moon the country celebrates.
13th September 2016…
Ends in the evening of Wednesday!!!
How is Bakri Eid Celebrated?
The day of celebration begins with prayers. Muslims visit the Hajj pilgrimage to recite prayers, and after completing the Hajj the tradition of sacrificing animals begins. Animals that are selected to be sacrificed are then slaughtered.
After slaughtering and sacrificing the animal, men shave out their hair while women cut a small portion of their hair. Once the process of Hajj pilgrimage and slaughtering and sacrificing the animal completed, slaughtered animal was distributed to family, friends and relatives. This day is celebrated with a great joy in order to show faith in Allah….
Did you know about Bakrid Rituals?
The day centered with prayer and sacrificing animals, includes lot of ceremonies to be performed. Famous rituals related to Eid al-Adha are as follows:
- Feast sacrifice day is commenced with dressing up in new attires and reciting prayers by visiting mosque. There Muslims perform dua or prayers for peace and prosperity of all.
- After and before prayers, Takbeer is recited, as immolate is the most vital factor of Eid al-Adha.
- Animals such as lamb, camel, goat and sheep are slaughtered. This sacrifice is carried out every year in order to perform religious laws and to show belief and faith over almighty god.
- After slaughtering of animals, the animal is divided into three equal portions. One portion is kept by the family itself while second portion is distributed among friends and relatives. However, third one is distributed to poor.
- Along with slaughtered animal, alms are also offered to the poor.
- Muslims exchange greetings of Id, visit relatives house and celebrate Eid al-Adha.
- Special recipes are prepared throughout the day with the help of sacrificed animal. In addition, gifts and greeting card are also exchanged.
Did you know other names of Eid al-Adha!!
- Originally, Bakrid is mesmerized with a name called “Eid al-Adha”.
- As several animals are being sacrificed on this day, that’s why it is known as Bakrid.
- It is also known by “Qurbani” which means sacrifice.
Bakra Eid Quotes
Churi Ko Kar Tu Taiz Itna,
Ke Har Takbeer Se Pehlay…
Bakra Churi Se Khud Puchay
Bata Meri Khata Kya Hai
Aasmaan Me Chaand Chadh Aaya Hai
Sitaron Ne Bhi Aanchal Lehraaya Hai
Aa Gaa Len Hum Khushi Ke Geet
Dost Mere Mubarak Ho Tumhein Ye Eid
Eid Ul Adha Is Eid Of Sacrifice,
And Commitment To Allahs Orders,
May Allah Bless Us With The Same In All Circles Of Life,
And Help All Amongst Us,
Who R Helpless,Worried,
And Waiting For His Rehmat,
Ameen. Eid Mubarak.
You Are Far From Me And That’s Why
I Usually Miss You
But Today I Miss You More Than Usual
Because It’s Eid Day
We Are Supposed To Be Together
To Look Into Your Eyes And Say You
Happy Eid!!!! Hope you enjoy reading this…. If you enjoyed, then share your views by posting your valuable and precious comments in the comment box which is well provided below.