India being a culturally fervent and diverse society, celebrates various holidays and festivals. Bank Holidays 2019 in India FY 18-19 are declared as public holidays. Here on this page we are discussing List of Upcoming April Bank Holidays.
Bank Holidays in India 2019
Indian holidays and festivals are often chaotic, colorful, loud and intense. India is the most populous democracy in the world and the second most populous country. If you are working in banking sector and are looking for Bank Holidays 2019, then you can check out this compete page which is well created by the team of recruitmentresult.com.
List of Upcoming April Bank Holidays
Bank holidays in India, depend on the state one is residing, though there are Public Holidays in India that are applicable throughout the country. These include Republic Day (Jan 26), Independence Day (Aug 15) and Gandhi Jayanti (Oct 2). Apart from these there are important religious and festival holidays including Diwali, Dussehra, Christmas, Eidh, Guru Nanak Jayanthi, Good Friday, Ganesh Chaturthi, Budh Purnima etc.
|Tuesday||Jan 01, 2019||New Year’s Day|
|Monday||Jan 14, 2019||Makar Sankranti / Pongal|
|Saturday||Jan 26, 2019||Republic Day|
|Monday||Mar 04, 2019||Maha Shivaratri|
|Thursday||Mar 21, 2019||Holi|
|Saturday||Apr 06, 2019||Ugadi / Gudi Padwa|
|Saturday||Apr 13, 2019||Ram Navami|
|Wednesday||Apr 17, 2019||Mahavir Jayanti|
|Friday||Apr 19, 2019||Good Friday|
|Wednesday||May 01, 2019||Labor Day|
|Saturday||May 18, 2019||Budhha Purnima|
|Wednesday||Jun 05, 2019||Eid-ul-Fitar|
|Thursday||Jul 04, 2019||Rath Yatra|
|Monday||Aug 12, 2019||Bakri Id / Eid ul-Adha|
|Thursday||Aug 15, 2019||Raksha Bandhan|
|Thursday||Aug 15, 2019||Independence Day|
|Saturday||Aug 24, 2019||Janmashtami|
|Monday||Sep 02, 2019||Vinayaka Chaturthi|
|Tuesday||Sep 10, 2019||Muharram|
|Wednesday||Sep 11, 2019||Onam|
|Wednesday||Oct 02, 2019||Mathatma Gandhi Jayanti|
|Tuesday||Oct 08, 2019||Dussehra / Dasara|
|Sunday||Oct 27, 2019||Diwali / Deepavali|
|Sunday||Nov 10, 2019||Milad un Nabi|
|Tuesday||Nov 12, 2019||Guru Nanak’s Birthday|
|Wednesday||Dec 25, 2019||Christmas|
You Can Also Check: List of Important Days
Some features of bank holidays in India
- Public or bank holidays could differ from state to state. However, what is uniform is the holidays for banks, which are on the 2nd and 4th Saturdays of the month.
- In case there are 5 Saturdays in the month, then the bank would work on this 5th Saturday.
- There would be some states that have holidays for the birth or death anniversary of a particular religious leader, while others may not. So, there is no uniformity that is followed between all the states.
- There could be some public or bank holidays that fall on a Monday or Friday, which means you get a higher number of holidays if you avail leave of them together.
- Government holidays do not mean that the bank would always remain closed and vice versa. Gazetted holidays, bank holidays, public holidays and government holidays are ways to describe the different holidays in India.
Read Here: Public Holidays in India
Stay in touch with this web page to grab further information of Bank Holidays 2019. You can bookmark this web page or like this page on face book or Google Plus. Subscribe to our free mail services to get instant mails in your mail box.
Something That You Should Put An Eye On: