Banaras Hindu University has released BHU Syllabus for various undergraduate and post graduate courses. Candidates who are studying in BA, B.Sc, Bed, MBBS, MSC, MCA, BSC and other courses or going to participate in BHU entrance exam they can check their complete syllabus through this single page. Candidates can also check their Semester wise and subject wise BHU Syllabus 2018 by going through this page completely.
This Page Includes:
BHU conducts entrance examination for the admission in various courses namely as BHU UET Exam and BHU PET Exam. Candidates who are going to appear in these examinations or regular university exam they must have proper knowledge of their syllabus. To check updated BHU Exam Syllabus, candidates must scroll down this page which is well equipped by recruitmentresult.com.
Get Details About –
Paper – I: Education and Contemporary Indian Society
|Unit-I||Concept of Education:|
- Meaning, Aims and Functions of Education.
- Education in the Indian context with specific reference to great Educators: Swami Vivekanand, Sri Aurobindo, Rabindra Nath Tagore, Mahatma Gandhi and Mahamana Madan Mohan Malviya.
- Education in the Western Context with specific reference to great Educators: Pestalozzi, Rousseau, Dewey and Montessori and an overview of Idealism, Naturalism, Pragmatism and Realism in Education.
|Unit II||Indian Educational and cultural Heritage:|
- Philosophical, Social and Cultural Traditions of India.
1) Cultural Heritage with special reference to Central Teachings of Indian Philosophy.
- Indian Educational Heritage: An overview of
1) Education in Ancient India.
2) Education in Medieval India.
3) Education in British India.
4) Swadeshi and Indianization of Education.
- Role of Education in preservation of Cultural and Educational Heritage.
|Unit III||Education in Independent India:|
- Education and Social Change for National Development
- Indian Constitution and Educational Values of Democracy, Socialism and Secularism, Rights and Duties.
- Agencies of Education and Human Resource Development
- Structure of School Education in India.
|Unit IV||Contemporary Indian Scene and Emerging Trends:|
- Overview of Education Commissions after Independence & NPE
- Promoting Equality through Education
- National and Emotional integration.
- International understanding & Cooperation.
- Human Rights Education.
|Unit V||Crises and Challenges in Indian Education:|
- Universalization of Elementary Education.
- Vocationalization of Education
- Education of disadvantaged groups.
- Life Long Learning and Knowledge Society
- Educated Unemployment
- Environmental Education for a green and clean society
- Value crisis and role models for students
Want to Know? Tips to Get Motivated for Everything
Paper-II: Techniques of Teaching and Evaluation
|Unit I||Concept of Teaching:|
- Meaning, functions, phases and levels of teaching, Basic Teaching Model, difference of teaching from other communication behaviors such as indoctrination, propaganda, training and instruction.
|Unit II||Communication Process:|
- Meaning and significations of communication process in teaching learning situation. Factors affecting communication. Traditional and Modern means of communication (projective, Non-projective and Mass Media.)
|Unit III||Teaching Skills:|
- Meaning, functions and significance of skill, skills of writing instructional objectives, Introducing a lesson, Questioning, Stimulus variation, Explanation, Demonstration, Chalkboard writing, Increasing pupil participation, Illustrating with examples, closure, Reinforcement and Integration of skills.
|Unit IV||Instructional Technology:|
- Meaning, scope and relevance of instructional technology, overview of software and hardware, Individualized instruction; Programmed learning, Principles and types, Group instruction, Class teaching, Types of lessons, Small group teaching; tutorial, seminar, Brain Storming.
- Meaning scope and significance of evaluation, examination system and need for continuous evaluation, steps of evaluation, Construction of teacher made achievement test, Criterion referenced, Norm referenced test, their uses and Illustrations. Use of Standardized tests by teachers. Use of tests and Evaluation results.
|Unit VI||Meaning and purpose of statistics, Levels of measurement, presentation of statistical data graphs, histograms and polygons, Measure of Central Tendency and Variability and their Computation Properties and Uses of Normal Probability Curve. Derived Scores: ZT and Percentile Rank.|
|Unit VII||Computer Applications in Education:|
- Fundamental and functioning of the Computer
- Multimedia: Concepts and uses in education
- Internet, E-mail and World Wide Web: concept and use in education
- Computer Assisted Instruction (C.A.I.)
Complete B.Ed Syllabus: Get PDF
MCA: Master Of Computer Applications
|Introduction to Computer Programming through C||Basic Programming Concepts:|
- Introduction to the basic ideas of problem solving and programming using principles of top-down modular design, Flowcharts, Abstraction Mechanisms, Stepwise Refinement. Syntactic Elements of a Language, General Syntactic Criterion, Formal Definition of Syntax, Semantics, Storage Management, Static Storage Management, Stack-Based Storage Management, Heap Storage Management, Operating and Programming Environment.
Introduction to Programming Language C:
- Data Types, Instruction and its Types, Storage Classes, Operatorsand Hierarchy of Operations, Expressions in C, Control and Repetitive Statements, break, continue, Functions: User Defined Functions and Library Functions, Local and Global Variables, Parameter Passing, Pointers, Arrays, Strings, C Preprocessors, Structures, Input and Output in C, C-Library. Introduction to the Major Programming Paradigms: Imperative Language, Object Oriented Languages, Functional Languages, Logic Languages, Parallel Languages etc.
|Discrete Mathematical Structures||Sets, Relations & Functions:|
- Property of binary relations, equivalence, compatibility, partial ordering relations, hasse diagram, functions, inverse functions, composition of functions, recursive functions. Mathematical Logic: Logic operators, Truth tables, Theory of inference and deduction, mathematical calculus, predicate calculus, predicates and quantifiers. Groups & Subgroups: Group axioms, Monoids , semi groups, Isomorphism, homomorphism , automorphism. Lattices & Boolean Algebra: Truth values and truth tables, the algebra of propositional functions, Boolean algebra of truth values.
Combinatorics & Recurrence Relations:
- Permutation, Combination, Principle of Inclusion and Exclusion, Recurrence Relations, Generating Functions Graph theory: Basic Concepts of Graphs and Trees, Adjacency and Incidence Matrices, Spanning Tree, Transitive Closure, Shortest Path, Planar Graphs, Graph Coloring, Eularian and Hamiltonian graphs, Applications of Graph Theoretic Concepts to Computer Science.
|Operating System Concepts||Introduction:|
- Definition, Design Goals, Evolution; Concept of User, job and Resources; Batch processing, Multi-programming, Time sharing; Structure and Functions of Operating System.
- Process states, State Transitions, Process Control Structure, Context Switching, Process Scheduling, Threads.
- Address Binding, Dynamic Loading and Linking Concepts, Logical and Physical Addresses, Contiguous Allocation, Fragmentation, Paging, Segmentation, Combined Systems, Virtual Memory, 107 . Demand Paging, Page fault, Page replacement algorithms, Global Vs Local Allocation, Thrashing, Working Set Model, Paging.
- Process Interaction, Shared Data and Critical Section, Mutual Exclusion, Busy form of waiting, Lock and unlock primitives, Synchronization, Classical Problems of Synchronization, Semaphores, Monitors, Conditional Critical Regions, System Deadlock, Wait for Graph, Deadlock Handling Techniques: Prevention, Avoidance, Detection and Recovery.
File and Secondary Storage Management
- File Attributes, File Types, File Access Methods, Directory Structure, File System Organization and Mounting, Allocation Methods, Free Space management; Disk Structure, Logical and Physical View, Disk Head Scheduling, Formatting, Swap Management. Protection & Security. UNIX/ LINUX and WINDOWS as example systems.
|Minor Elective: Business Accounting|
- Introduction, Definition, Concepts and Conventions of Accounting, Principles of Double Entry System, Recording, Classification and Summarization of business transactions, Preparation of Cash Book and Bank Reconciliation statement.
- Final Accounts of Sale proprietary concern, Partnership and Joint Stock Companies. Cost Accounting: Definition, objectives and significance of cost Accounting, cost Accounting vs. Financial Accounting, Classificvation of costs, Preparation of Cost sheet.
MCA Syllabus: Get PDF
B.Sc. (Hons.) Botany
|Microbiology, Plant Pathology, Cytology And Genetics|
|Section A: Microbiology and Plant Pathology|
- History and scope of Microbiology
- Position of microorganisms in the living world; morphological, metabolic and molecular criteria for the classification of bacteria (scheme not required)
- Structure of a bacterial cell: capsule and slime, flagella, cell wall, cell membrane, chromosome, plasmid and endospore
- Structure of bacteriophages belonging to ‘T’ series
- Lysogenic and lytic cycles
- A brief account of genetic recombination in bacteria (transformation, conjugation and transduction)
- Role of microorganisms in cycling of carbon and nitrogen
- Microorganisms and the production of alcoholic beverages, antibiotics and single cell protein
- General symptoms of viral, bacterial and fungal diseases of plants
- The study of the following plant diseases: Tobacco mosaic, citrus canker, late blight of potato, powdery mildew of pea, loose smut of wheat, covered smut of barley and wilt of pigeon pea
|Section B: Cytology and Genetics|
- Ultrastructure of plant cell: Nucleus, cytoskeleton
- Cell cycle: Interphase nucleus: euchromatin and heterochromatin, mitosis, meiosis; genetic
- significance of meiosis
- Basic tenets of cytogenetics: Terminologies: Cytology, genetics, cytogenetics, cell and cell theory, germplasm theory, genotype-phenotype concept Mendel’s laws of inheritance: Law of dominance, law of segregation, law of independent assortment, deviations from Mendel’s laws (Neo-Mendelism)
- Interaction of genes: Intragenic and intergenic interactions, incomplete dominance, lethal genes, complementary genes, supplementary genes, inhibitory genes, duplicate genes, epistatic genes
- Linkage and crossing over: Interrelationships and importance, crossing over and meiosis, cytological basis of crossing over, crossing over and linkage maps, linkage groups, interference
- Sex determination: Bases of sex determination, chromosome theory of sex determination, sex determination in plants
- Theories of organic evolution: Theory of inheritance of acquired characters (Lamarckism), theory of natural selection (Darwinism), de Vries Mutation theory, synthetic theory
B.Sc Syllabus: Get PDF
|Course 1: Introduction to Linguistics – ENG|
- Key properties of Language
- Language varieties
- Major concerns of Psycholinguistics and Sociolinguistics
- Historical approach, Descriptive approach
- Major concepts in Linguistics:
- Syntagmatic and Paradigmetic axes
- Constituent Structure
- Transformations and Deep Structure
- Stylistics, its methods and limitations
|Course 2: Poetry I (Chaucer to Blake)|
- Chaucer: Prologue to Canterbury Tales (Modern version)
- Shakespeare’s Sonnets No. 18, 30, 63, 130
- Milton: Paradise Lost, Book I
- Donne: The Blossom, The Canonization, The Good Morrow
- Marvell: To His Coy Mistress
- Pope: The Rape of the Lock
- Gray: Elegy Written in a Country Churchyard
- Blake: The Tiger, Ah! Sun-flower
|Course 3: Drama I (Marlowe to Wilde excluding Shakespeare)|
- Webster: The Duchess of Malfi
- Marlowe: Dr. Faustus
- Jonson: The Alchemist
- Congreve: The Way of the World
- Wilde: The Importance of Being Earnest
- Origin and Growth of the British Theatre
|Course 4: Prose|
- Bacon Of Truth; Of Death; Of Adversity; Of Great Place; Of Parents and Children
- Addison & Steele: Of the Club; The Coverley Household; Labour and Exercise; Sir Roger at the Theatre (Coverley Papers from the Spectator, ed. K. Deighton, Macmillan)
- Lamb: Christ Hospital; New Year’s Eve; Imperfect Sympathies
- Carlyle Hero as Man of Letters
- Russell: Science and War; Science and Values (from The Impact of Science on Society)
- Huxley: Tragedy and the Whole Truth (from W.E.Williams, ed. A Book of English Essays)
Check These Related Links:
BHU Entrance Exam Syllabus
Candidates who are going to appear in the entrance examination they must start their preparation with complete syllabus. Candidates can check their syllabus as per their entrance exam which is mentioned in this section.
BHU UET Syllabus
|General Awareness and Current Affairs|
- Current affairs
- Indian history after independence
- Indian politics
- Medical science
- Important dates/ years in Indian history
- Indian constitutional law
- Constitutional rights
- Fundamental rights
- Intellectual Property Rights
- Logical reasoning
- Critical reasoning
- Spelling corrections
- Word usage
Get Here Tips:
BHU PET Syllabus
- Business Organisation
- Economics and Money Banking
- General Knowledge
- Current Affairs
- Language Comprehension
- General Knowledge
- Current Affairs
- Language Comprehension
Check These Tips to Prepare for Exam:
How To Download BHU Syllabus?
- Firstly must visit the official website of university that is www.bhu.ac.in/syllabus/syllabus.htm
- And then select the appropriate course, which syllabus you want to check.
- A page of syllabus will be opened in front of you
- You may check or download it and take a print out of it
Want to Know? Ways Exercise Makes Your Brain Work Better
BHU syllabus is available on the official web portal, Aspirants must go all the way through the syllabus for better knowledge of all the topics that would be covered under the examination. By covering all the topics given in the syllabus candidates can gain good marks in their examination. So candidates must start you preparations according to the syllabus relevant to your course and semester.
Candidates can check their BHU Syllabus 2018 directly by visiting to this Official Link. To get all updates of syllabus keep visiting this page regularly.
Something That You Should Put An Eye On