BIT MESRA Admission
Applications are invited from eligible candidates for BIT MESRA Admission in Ph.D. programme in Architecture, Bio-Engineering, and Chemical Engineering, Chemistry, Civil & Environmental Engineering, Computer Science & Engineering, Management & other departments. Applicants may apply for full-time & part- time Ph.D. programme latest by 08.12.2017. You need to send hard copy of filled form at address placed below prior 13.12.2017. Collect all details about BIT MESRA Admission 2018 for Jan-Spring Session like eligibility as per notification, exam dates etc.
This Page Includes:
Entrance Test is scheduled to be held on 03.01.2018. Aspirants are recommended to read all associated documents including instructions for filling form. Candidates who have qualified in UGC-JRF, CSIR-NE or any other national level test for pursuing Ph.D. are exempted from taking entrance test. To know more about BIT MESRA Admission 2018, have a look on below of page prepared by team of recruitmentresult.com.
BIT MESRA Admission
Departments of Ph.D. Programme:
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil & Environmental Engineering
- Computer Science & Engineering
- Electrical & Electronics Engineering
- Electronics & Communication Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Pharmaceutical Science & Technology
- Production Engineering
- Remote Sensing and Space Engineering & Rocketry
Check Also: Best Career Opportunities
BIT MESRA Eligibility:
Candidates with following qualification may apply for BIT MESRA Phd Admission.
- Aspirants possessing M.Tech/ M.E. / M.Sc. (Engg.) / M.Arch / M.Pharm / M.Sc. / MCA / MBA or equivalent with minimum 60% marks or 6.0 CGPA in relevant branch from a recognized University may apply.
- Those possessing B.Tech. / B.E./ B.Sc. (Engg.)/ B.Pharm / B.Arch or equivalent Degree in relevant branch from a recognized University/ Institute with at least 70% marks or 7.0 CGPA along with valid GATE score with at least of 80 percentile are eligible to apply for BIT MESRA Admission.
- Contenders possessing B.Tech. / B.E./ B.Sc. (Engg.)/ B.Pharm / B.Arch or equivalent Degree in relevant branch with minimum 70% marks from a recognized University and employed in R&D organizations are eligible.
Other Eligibility terms:
Listed category of candidates may be exempted from taking Entrance Test for Ph.D. Programme
Those who have qualified in
- Any other national level test for pursuing Ph.D.
For SC/ ST category, there is relaxation in eligibility criteria by 5% marks to apply for BIT MESRA Admission.
To get registered, applicants are required to pay amount of application fee through State Bank. Fee once remitted shall not be refunded under any circumstances
- General candidates- Rs.2,500/-
- SC/ST candidates -Rs.1,500/-
Selection to the Ph.D. programmes is based on performance in Written Test, Previous academic record and Interview. Those who score minimum marks in Aptitude Test, Subject Specific Test and the indicated total percentage of marks, will be included in final merit list.
Point To Put Attention:
Up to 20% of shortlisted aspirants for admission of the respective Department may be allotted to Part-Time candidates depending upon their position in the merit list.
You May Read This:
Limited number of Institute fellowship is available for full-time scholars. To apply for Institute fellowship, it is mandatory to appear in BIT Ph.D. Entrance Test.
- Students with superior performance in the Ph.D. Entrance Test are eligible for Institute Fellowship with initial amount of Rs. 12,000/- per month for the first year.
- Institute fellowship will be enhanced to Rs. 15,000/- (Rs. 14,000/- for Science Departments) per month in second year.
- In case candidate publishes at least one research paper in SCI journals of repute, then his/her Institute fellowship is raised to Rs. 18,000/- per month (Rs. 16,000/- for Science Departments) in the third year.
- If condition arises, student fails to clear all the subjects in maximum two attempts, he/she will be dropped from the programme & there is a need to return the total amount of fellowship paid earlier.
Important point about Fellowships:
Contenders who have qualified in UGC-JRF / CSIR – NET / any other national level test for pursuing Ph.D may avail fellowships directly from the respective organizations.
Scheme of test:
Ph.D. Entrance Test consists of 2 parts.
- General Aptitude Test ( common to all applicants)
- Subject Specific Tests (examine basic fundamental knowledge in the subject)
Get Details: BIT MESRA Admission 2018 Notice
Procedure to fill BIT MESRA Admission 2018 form:
To fill BIT MESRA Admission form, refer these guidelines.
- Candidates may visit official website of the Birla Institute of Technology that is “www.bitmesra.ac.in”.
- Hit on “Admissions” tab available at top menu bar.
- You will be moved to new page, press on “Admission Notification for Ph.D. programme (Session Spring 2018)” link accessible at “ADMISSION NOTIFICATIONS” head at right side.
- Read entire BIT MESRA Ph.D. notification will open up in front of you.
- Go through it carefully; check eligibility criteria & other details.
- Download BIT MESRA Registration form.
- Login with username and password.
- After successful registration, you may download BIT MESRA Phd Admission application form.
- Put all required details in form.
- Attach necessary documents along with form.
- Put it in A4 size envelope.
- Forward printout of the completed application form at address placed below through speed post.
Register Here: BIT Mesra Ph.d Admission
Address to send form:
Office of Dean, Admissions & Academic Coordination,
Birla Institute of Technology
Mesra, Ranchi – 835215
Documents required at the time of interview:
Students must carry the originals documents at the time of Test and interviews, as well as an extra set of photocopies.
Documents required at the time of admission:
If provisionally selected, aspirants need to all the documents in original (except the Photo ID) at the time of admission, along with the requisite fees.
List of enclosures required to be sent along with the Application Form:
- Pass certificate and marksheet of Class 10
- Marksheet of Class 12 / Intermediate or equivalent
- Certificate and marksheets of Graduation
- Certificate and marksheets of Post Graduation
- College Leaving Certificate
- Migration Certificate
- UGC-JRF / CSIR-NET / Any other national level test for pursuing Ph.D. admit card and Score card (if applicable)
- Caste certificate
- NOC, Experience Certificate and Facilities
- Payment receipt towards application fee
- One recent colour photograph
- Photo identification: (Driving license, Passport, PAN Card, Voter ID, Aadhaar Card, Employee Identification Card are acceptable)
Want to Know? Ways To Get Money For College Fees
BIT MESRA Important Dates:
|Last date to Apply Online for BIT MESRA Admission||08.12.2017|
|Last date of receiving of completed filled-in Application Forms at BIT, Mesra||13.12.2017|
|Display of list of eligible candidates to be called of Written Test and Interview||22.12.2017|
|Date Of Entrance Test||03.01.2018|
|Interview of the selected candidates||04.01.2018|
|Declaration of 1st Provisional Selection List on the Institute website / Notice Boards||06.01.2018|
|BIT MESRA Admission 2018||12.01.2018|
|Commencement of Classes||16.01.2018|
Timings Of Paper:
General Aptitude Test: 9:00 am to 10:30 am
Subject Specific Tests:
- 11:00 am to 1:00 pm(candidates applied for only one Department)
- 11:00 am to 1:00 pm & 1:30 pm to 3:30 pm(candidates applied for two Departments)
- 11:00 am to 1:00 pm & 1:30 pm to 3:30 pm & 4:00 pm to 6:00 pm(candidates applied for three Departments)
Follow its Official Link to get more details about BIT MESRA Admission 2018. Stay tuned with us for receiving more updates about jobs, results & others.
Something That You Should Put An Eye On
|Top Universities in India||Top Colleges in India|
|Scholarship in India||Do you need Money for College Fee?|
|How to Get a Free College Education||College is Registered OR AICTE|
|How to Start New Life In College?||UGC Approved University List|