Blood Type Compatibility Chart
Blood types are determined by the presence or absence of certain antigens substances. Different blood types can trigger an immune response in body, therefore Compatibility test is must. Check Blood Type Compatibility Chart
Facts & Blood Group Types
Every drop of blood contains red blood cells which carry oxygen throughout the body.There are 33 blood types but only 2 are widely used such as ABO with Rh-positive/Rh-negative and together these 2 blood groups types form 8 basic blood types.
Blood Type Compatibility Chart- Donate Match
Blood types are determined with genetics. One get their genes from parents, 1 from mother and one from father to create a pair, depending upon whether Rh antigen is present in each blood type which is assigned positive or negative symbol.
Applicants must go through this page to grab all details of Blood Type Compatibility Chart which is provided by the team member of recruitmentresult.com.
Blood Group Types and Frequency
There are mainly four blood types that are A, AB, B and O. Blood Group Types are as follows
- Positive – 38%
- Negative – 7%
- A Positive – 34%
- A Negative – 6%
- B Positive – 9%
- B Negative – 2%
- AB Positive – 3%
- AB Negative – 1%
Blood Group System
There are four major blood groups which can be determined by the existence or lack of two antigens – A and B – on the surface of RBCs (red blood cells):
- Group A – consists of only the A antigen on red blood cells with B antibody in plasma
- Group B – consists of only the B antigen on red blood cells with A antibody in plasma
- Group AB –consists of both A and B antigens on red blood cells but not any of them in plasma
- Group O – consists of neither A nor B antigens on red blood cells but both of them in the plasma
Why Blood Type Compatibility is required?
- Blood types are very important for blood transfusion. In blood transfusion, blood is transferred from donor to receiver based on compatibility of blood type.
- If the blood types do not confer compatibility, red blood cells will form a cluster thus making clots leading to blockage of blood vessels and ultimately death of the sufferer.
- When two dissimilar blood types are mingled together, the blood cells may start to join collectively in blood vessels resulting in a very fatal situation.
- Thus, it is essential that blood types to be matched prior to blood transfusion occurrence. In urgent situation, type O blood can be transfused as it is most probably to be received by all blood types. Though, there is a risk in this process also.
Blood Type Compatibility Chart
|Blood Type||Donate Blood To||Receive Blood From|
|A+||A+ AB+||A+ A- O+ O-|
|O+||O+ A+ B+ AB+||O+ O-|
|B+||B+ AB+||B+ B- O+ O-|
|A-||A+ A- AB+ AB-||A- O-|
|B-||B+ B- AB+ AB-||B- O-|
|AB-||AB+ AB-||AB- A- B- O-|
Blood Type Donate Match
|Blood Type||Can receive|
Relation between Blood Type And Personality
It has been believed generally that your personality is identified by the blood group you are having. Your likes and dislikes are characterized by your blood group which reflects the individual personality. For instance:
- Type A signifies that a person is quiet and honest
- Type B signifies that a person is imaginative and impulsive
- Type AB signifies that a person is thoughtful and expressive
- Type O signifies that a person is a self-assured leader
Blood Type Compatibility
ABO blood type is based on the presence or absence of A and B antigens in the red blood cells. A blood type has A antigen and B blood type has B antigen. O blood type has neither A nor B antigen
AB blood type has both A and B antigens. AB positive is considered as the universal recipient, and O negative is considered as the universal donor, AB+ can take any blood type while O negative blood type can donate to anyone in the world.
Person with A blood type have anti-B antibodies, B blood type individual have anti-A antibodies. A blood group person cannot receive B blood because body’s anti-B antibodies will fight the B blood’s B antigens.
- AA = A blood type
- AO = A blood type
- BB = B blood type
- BO = B blood type
- OO = O blood type
- AB = AB blood type
Blood Type Inheritance
Every biological parent donates one of two ABO genes to their child thus everyone has an ABO blood type (A, B, AB, or O) and an Rh factor (positive or negative) like eye or hair color, our blood type is inherited. A and B genes are dominant and O gene is recessive.
|AA||AA||AB||AA, AB||AO||AA, AO||AB, AO|
|BB||AB||BB||AB, BB||BO||AB, BO||BB, BO|
|AB||AA, AB||AB, BB||AA, BB, AB||AO, BO||AA, AO, BO, AB||BB, BO, AB, AO|
|OO||AO||BO||AO, BO||OO||AO, OO||BO, OO|
|AO||AA, AO||AB, BO||AA, AB, AO, BO||AO, OO||AA, AO, OO||AO, BO, AB, OO|
|BO||AO, AB||BB, BO||AB, AO, BB, BO||BO, OO||AB, AO, BO, OO||BB, BO, OO|
We hope that you will go through the above information thoroughly and keep in mind all the facts and Info on Blood Groups so that you may not suffer from the fatal situation of disordered blood transfusion.
Something That You Should Put An Eye On