BPSC Notification 2013- Bihar Public Service Commission, also known as BPSC is a state organisation responsible for conducting the recruitment process of state civil services officers through Competitive Examinations/ interviews to the services of the State Government of Bihar.
On this page, we will provide information about all BPSC Notifications for 2013 for all upcoming Bihar Public Service Commission updates.
BPSC, Bihar Public Service Commission advise the State Government of Bihar on various issues like:
- Promotion and transfer of civil servises officers from one service to the other
- Recruitment on various services and posts
- Amendment of recruitment Rules
- Conducting disciplinary cases relating to different civil services
- grant of extraordinary pension to retired civil cervices officers
- Reimbursement of legal expenses
BPSC also follow regulations that specify the composition of the Commission, conditions of service of Chairman, Members and other staff. These regulations also state scales of pay, matters for which Commission shall be consulted and matters for which Commission shall not be consulted.
Bihar Public Service Commission, BPSC has also made some rules of procedures in order to regulate its procedure in relating to performance of its functions. The rules are followed in every condition whether it is recruitment by transfer/promotions, disciplinary cases etc.,
Selection Procedure in BPSC
Recruitment in Bihar Public Service Commission is done by two methods -
- Direct Recruitment – Direct recruitment is done by conducting competitive examination in which the selection is done on the basis of either of the following procedures:
- Main (Written) Examination and Interview of the successful candidates of the Preliminary Test prescribed under rules.
- Written Examination and Interview. (Interview Preparation Tips)
- Promotion – Promotion is granted to civil servants through the Departmental Promotion Committee.