BSNL TTA Syllabus
Candidates, who are going to participate in Telecom Technical Assistants Examination and looking for BSNL TTA Syllabus, are informed that you are at right place to Download The Study Material in pdf format,. Participated contenders, who are started preparation for this exam and wish to clear this exam with good marks, can get the TTA Exam Pattern with some BSNL Sample Question Papers from this page. We are shortly providing updated information on BSNL TTA Syllabus 2016. So, don’t be late to get latest update regarding the same, stay tune with our portal.
The TTA Exam will be organized to recruit the qualified candidates for filling up Telecom Technical Assistant posts in various circles. Bharat Sanchar Nigam Limited operates and manages the optical fiber lines as well as telephonic service for its large number of customers. Team of recruitmentresult.com is providing the full information steps by steps so that candidates can easily understand it. Aspirants are requested to download the information provided below.
BSNL TTA Exam Pattern
BSNL Telecom Technical Assistants exam will be organized in three papers and all three papers will be of objective type and its marks distrucution as indicated below in tabular format:
||General Ability Test
BSNL TTA Syllabus
||Topics To Be Covered
||General Ability Test
- Current events,
- General knowledge,
- Reasoning and Social science.
- Comprehension and understanding of General
- Co-ordinate Geometry;
- Vector Algebra;
- Matrix and Determinant:
- Differential Calculus and Integral Calculus:
- Differential equation of second order: Fourier Series;
- Laplace Transform;
- Complex Number;
- Partial Differentiation
- Measurement – Units and Dimensions;
- Laser and its applications;
- Atomic Structure and Energy Levels.
- Coulomb’s Law,
- Electric field,
- Gauss’s Theorem,
- concept of potential difference;
- concept of capacitance and capacitors;
- Ohm’s law,
- power and energy,
- Kirchoff’s voltage,
- Current laws and their applications in simple DC circuits; Basic Magnetism;
- Electro Magnetism: Electromagnetic induction;
- concept of alternating
- voltage & current;
- Cells and Batteries;
- Voltage and Current Sources;
- Thevenin’s theorem,
- Norton’s theorem and their applications.
Electronic Devices and Circuits:
- Classification of materials into conductor,
- semi conductor,
- Insulator etc.,
- electrical properties,
- magnetic materials,
- various types of relays,
- Switches and connectors.
- Conventional representation of electric and electronic circuits’ elements.
- Active and passive components etc
- Applications and advantages of digital systems;
- Number system (binary and hexadecimal);
- Logic Gates;
- Logic Simplifications;
- Codes and Parity;
- Arithmetic Circuits;
- Display Devices and Associated Circuits;
- Multiplexers and De-multiplexers;
- Latches and Flipflops,
- Shift Register,
- A/D and D/A converters.
- 3 Phase Vs Single Phase Supply,
- Star Delta Connections,
- Relation Between Phase & Line Voltage,
- Power Factor And Their Measurements,
- Constructions And Principles Of Working Of Various Types Of Electrical Measuring Instruments,
- All Types Of Motor And Generator – AC & DC,
- Battery Charges,
- Servo And Stepper Motors,
- Contactor Control Circuits,
- Protection Devices & Schemes,
- Protective Relaying,
- Circuit Breaker,
- Generator Protection,
- Transformer Protection,
- Feeder & Lightening Protection,
- Feeder & Busbar Protection,
- Lightening Arrestor,
- Voltage Stabilizer & Regulators,
- Power Control Devices & Circuits,
- Phase Controlled Rectifiers,
- Dual Converters,
- Power Electronics Application In Control Of Drivers, Refrigeration & Air conditioning.
- Modulation and demodulation: principles and operation of various types of AM, FM and PM modulators/demodulators
- pulse modulation – TDM, PAM, PPM, PWM
- Principles and applications of PCM
- Introduction of Basic block diagram of digital and data communication systems
- Coding error detection and correction techniques
- Digital Modulation Techniques – ASK, ICW, FSK, PSK
- Characteristics/ working of data transmission circuits
- Protocols and their functions,
- brief idea of ISDN interfaces,
- local area Network;
- Carrier Telephony-Features of carrier telephone system
- Microwave Engineering: Microwave Devices
- Microwave Components;
- Microwave antennas;
- Microwave Communication Systems – Block diagram & working principles of microwave communication link.
Network, Filters and Transmission Lines
- Two port network;
- Attenuators ,
- Transmission Lines and their applications;
- characteristic impedance of line;
- concept of reflection and standing waves on a transmission line; Transmission line equation;
- Principle of impedance matching;
- Bandwidth consideration of a transmission line.
Instruments and Measurements
- Specifications Of Instruments Accuracy,
- Resolution Range,
- Errors In Measurement And Loading Effect;
- Principles Of Voltage,
- Current And Resistance Measurements Transducers,
- Measurement Of Displacement & Strain,
- Force & Torque Measuring Devices,
- Pressure Measuring Devices,
- Flow Measuring Devices,
- Power Control Devices & Circuits.
- Types Of AC Millivoltmeters – Amplifier Rectifier And Rectifier Amplifier;
- Block Diagram
- Explanation Of A Basic CRO And A Triggered Sweep,
- Front Panel Controls;
- Impedance Bridges And Q Meters;
- Principles Of Working And Specifications Of Logic Probes, Signature Analyser And Logic Analyser,
- Signal Generator,
- Distortion Factor Meter,
- Spectrum Analyser.
- Basic Elements Of Control System,
- Open And Closed Loop System, Concepts Of Feedback.
- Block Diagram Of Control System.
- Time Lag,
- Inearity Concepts.
- Self Regulating And Non Self Regulating Control Systems.
- Transfer Function Of Simple Control Components,
- Single Feedback Configuration.
- Time Response Of Systems
- Stability Analysis – Characteristic Equation,
- Routh’s Table Nyquist Critereon,
- Relative Stability,
- Phase Margin and Gain Margin.
- Routh Hurwitz Criterion,
- Root Locus Technique,
- Bode Plot,
- Polar Plot,
- Gain Margin And Phase Margin.
- Typical Organisation Of A Microcomputer System & Functions Of Its Various Blocks;
- Architecture Of A Microprocessor;
- Memories And I/O Interfacing ;
- Brief Idea Of M/C & Assembly Languages,
- Machines & Mnemonics Codes;
- Instruction Format And Addressing Mode;
- Concept Of Instructionset ;
- Programming Exercises In Assembly Language;
- Concept Of Interrupt;
- Data Transfer Techniques – Sync Data Transfer,
- Sync Data Transfer,
- Interrupt Driven Data Transfer,
- DMA ,
- Serial Output Data,
- Serial Input Data.
- Computer and its working,
- types of computers,
- familiarisation with DOS and Windows – concept of file, directory,
- Number systems,
- Data representation;
- Programming _ Elements of high level programming language, PASCAL, C;
- use of basic data structures;
- Fundamentals of computer architecture,
- Processor design,
- Control unit design,
- Memory organisation.
- I/O system organisation.
- Microprocessors – micro processor architecture.
- Instruction set and simple assembly level programming.
- Microprocessor based system design ;
- typical examples.
- Personal computers and their typical uses,
- data communication principles,
- types and working
- principles of modems,
- Network principles,
- OSI model,
- functions of data link layer and network layer,
- networking components,
- communication protocols- X –25,
- Database Management System – basic concepts,
- entity relationship model,
- relational model,
- DBMS based on relational model
How to Prepare for Written Exam
BSNL TTA Sample Question Papers
1. If a boy walks from C, meets D followed by B, A and then E, how many metres has he walked if he has travelled the straight distance all through?
2. What is the minimum distance (in meter approximately) between C and E ?
3. Who is to the South-East of the person who is to the left of D ?
Written Exam Techniques
4. Given set : (39, 28, 19)
(A) (84, 67, 52)
(B) (52, 25, 17)
(C) (70, 49, 36)
(D) (65, 45, 21)
Directions—(Q. 5 to 8) Three of the following four are alike in a certain way and so form a group. Which is the one that does not belong to that group?
5. (A) Green
6. (A) Rabbit
Effective Time Table for Studies
7. (A) Polo
8. (A) Sun
9. Which letter is the 8th letter to the right of the letter, which is 12th from the left?
10. Which letter is the 8th letter to the right of the letter which is 10th to the left of the last but one letter from the right?
Candidates can also get latest news by following us on Facebook and Google Plus. You can also subscribe our free mail service to get latest information in your inbox and you can save this using control+d to get instant access.
Something That You Should Put An Eye On