Burdwan University Admission
The University of Burdwan has released a notification regarding the admission of students in the various disciplines of Post-Graduation. Candidates, who are interested in Burdwan University Admission 2018, must fill the application form before the last date which is 24-08-2018.
Candidates must first check the Burdwan University PG Admission Criteria and then apply for the Post-Graduation Admission accordingly. Firstly individuals have to fill the application form before 24-08-2018. Then the University will be selected the candidates on the basis of marks scored by them in their Honours Degree or in the Admission Test.
Highlight of the Page
Burdwan University Admission Criteria Check NOW!!!!
There will be 60% seats reservation for candidates who will clear their UG Degree from the University. Those individuals who will get their name in the merit list will be called for further admission process. Selected candidates will have to appear GOLAPBAG CAMPUS of THE UNIVERSITY OF BURDWAN as per the Programme notified along with the merit list.
Candidates can get the Burdwan University Admission notice and also from the below section of this web page which is well created and presented by the talented team members of recruitmentresult.com.
Burdwan University Admission
Details for University of Burdwan PG Admission
|Name of the University||Burdwan University|
|Date of submitting the Application Form||10-08-2018 to 24-08-2018|
|Commencement of the open exam||Check Below|
University of Burdwan PG Admission-Seats Available
The following are the total number of seats that are available for the following disciplines-
|Courses And Intake Under Faculty Council (Arts)||Courses And Intake Under Faculty Council (Science)|
|Bengali – 419||Biotechnology – 26|
|Commerce – 171||Botany – 60|
|English – 314||Chemistry – 79|
|Economics – 95||Computer Science And Applications – 30|
|Education – 44||Env. Science – 27|
|History – 186||Geography – 64|
|Hindi – 93||Geospatial Science – 20|
|MLIS – 27||Mathematics – 117|
|Mass Comm. – 56||Microbiology – 18|
|Political Science – 156||Physics – 89|
|Philosophy – 93||Statistics – 33|
|Sanskrit – 140||Zoology – 86|
|Sociology – 56||Geography – 22|
|Santali – 34||Geology – 10|
|Urdu – 34||Physiology – 17|
|Women’s Studies – 34||Zoology – 10|
|M. P. Ed. – 80||Botany – 18|
|M.Ed. (Fresher) – 40||Zoology – 18|
|LL.M. – 49||Chemistry – 18|
|MBA – 30|
|MBA(HR) – 30|
|MBA (Tourism) – 25|
|M.A. In Hindusthani Classical Vocal Music/M.A. In Rabindra Sangeet – 44|
|Arabic – 25|
|French – 15|
Do You Know: How to Start a New Life In College?
Candidates should have the following education qualification to apply for Burdwan University Admission-
- For MA/M.Com/MSc – Honours Level in the concerned subject as Regular Course with a minimum of 50% marks
- For M.PEd – Regular B.P.Ed or B.P.E. course with a minimum of 50% marks
- For MLIS – Any Regular Hons. Graduate with a minimum of 50% marks
- For MEd (Fresher) – Regular B.Ed. Course with a minimum of 50% marks
- For MBA Programme – Regular Honours Graduates of any recognized University who have done the three-year Hons. Course or its equivalent and/or BE/B.Tech./MBBS/ B.Pharm etc. from a recognized University as Regular Course with a minimum of 50% marks
- For LLM – Regular LL.B. course with a minimum of 50% marks
Burdwan University Admission Application form fee
Candidates have to pay Rs.300 (for unreserved candidates) and Rs.150 (for SC/ST/OBC-A/OBCB/DA/SP) as Burdwan University PG Admission Fee through online mode.
The following are the documents are will be needed for Burdwan University Admission-
- Hard Copy of Application Form
- Passport size photograph
- Marksheet of qualifying examinations
- U. Registration Certificate (applicable for BU students)
- Caste certificate /PWD certificate
- Aadhar Card (as the case may be)
Do You Know: How to Get a Free College Education
Burdwan University Admission Procedure
The selection of the candidates for the various fields of Post-graduation Programmes will be done 60% on Honours Marks for the Pass outs of B.U. Students and 40% on the basis of Admission Test.
Procedure for Burdwan University PG Admission
Follow these necessary steps to apply for Burdwan University Admission in PG Courses Programmes-
- First of all, log in to the official web portal of the University i.e. www.buruniv.ac.in
- Now hit on “PG Admission, 2018” present in the “Admission” section on the bottom of the web page.
- A new window will appear on your screen. Hit accordingly on the links i.e. if have cleared UG Course from the University then Hit on “PG Admission Form for Fresh BA/BSc/B.Com Pass Out Candidates of BU” else hit on “PG Admission Form for Other University and Other BU Candidates”.
- You will be directed to new web page. Now first download the Burdwan University PG Admission Notification by hitting on the “Information Brochure for PG Admission” link.
- Read the details regarding Burdwan University PG Admission Notice carefully.
- If you find yourself eligible and wanted to apply revisit the earlier website.
- Now hit on “PG Admission form for fresh BA/BSc/B.Com pass out of BU” or “PG Admission form for Other University and other BU Candidates” and start filling the details accordingly.
- Upload all the required documents. After completing the details, recheck the filled Burdwan University Admission form and then submit it.
- At last download the Burdwan University Admission application form and also the hard copy for future use.
Get Details Here: Education Loans for Students
Burdwan University PG Admission Important Dates
The table depicts the Burdwan University PG Admission Dates for both the faculty students. Students must go through these dates carefully and appear for the events on the mentioned dates and time.
P.G. Admission Calendar for The Academic Session 2018-2020 For Faculty Council (SC)
Submission of Online Application Form
|10-08-2018 to 24-08-2018|
|Publication of Merit List for Merit Category (60%)||26-08-2018|
|Admission to 60% seats under Faculty Council (Sc)||From 28-08-2018 to 31-08-2018.|
|Issue of Admit Card for Written Test for other Science Subjects||From 03-09-2018|
|Issue of Admit Card for Written Test for Biotechnology, Environmental Sciences, Geospatial Sciences||From 31-08-2018|
|Written Admission Test for Biotechnology, Environmental Sciences, Geospatial Sciences||05-09-2018|
|Written Admission Test (Other Science Subjects)||07-09-2018|
|Rank List and Merit List (40%) (Science) Publication||14-09-2018|
|Counselling for Merit Category (40%) for Subjects under Faculty Council (Sc)||From 18-09-2018 to 21-09-2018|
|Commencement of Classes|
Check Out: List of Fake Universities
P.G. Admission Calendar For The Academic Session 2018-2020 (ARTS FACULTY)
Submission of Online Application Form
|10-08-2018 to 24-08-2018|
|Publication of Merit List for Merit Category (60%)||31-08-2018|
|Counseling for Merit Category (60%)||03-09-2018 to 06-09-2018|
|Venue –Kadambini Ganguly Memorial|
Hall, 3rd Floor, Composite Arts Building, Golapbag, B.U.
|M. A. in Rabindra Sangeet & M. A. in Hindusthani Classical vocal Music||06-09-2018|
|Issue of Admit Card for Written Test for MBA Programme, Women’s Studies, Mass Communications, M.Ed. (Freshers), Library and Information Sciences||From 25-08-2018|
|Issue of Admit Card for Written Test and Practical Test for M. A. in Rabindra Sangeet , M. A. in Hindusthani Classical Vocal Music& M.P.Ed.||From 25-08-2018|
|Practical Test for M. A. in Rabindra Sangeet & M. A. in Hindusthani Classical Vocal Music||29-08-2018|
|Venue: Padmaja Naidu College of Music, Kazirhat, Burdwan|
|Field Test for Physical Education (M.P.Ed.)||29-08-2018|
|Venue: Mohanbagan Math, Goda, Burdwan|
|Written Admission Test for MBA Programme & M.Ed. (Fresher)||10-09-2018 at 11 A.M.|
|Written Admission Test for Women’s Studies||10-09-2018 at 2 P.M.|
|Written Admission Test for Library and Information Sciences||11-09-2018 at 11 A.M.|
|Written Admission Test for Mass Communication||11-09-2018 at 2 P.M.|
|Issue of Admit Card for Written Test for Other Arts Subjects||From 10-09-2018 to 12-09-2018|
|Written Admission Test for All Subjects under Arts Faculty||13-09-2018|
|Group Discussion & Personal Interview for M.B.A. Programme [MBA, MBA(HR) & MBA(Tourism)]||17-09-2018 From 11 a.m. in the Deptt. of Business Administration|
|Mass Communication (Personal Interview)||18-09-2018 From 11 a.m. in the respective department|
|Publication of Results of the Written Test for 40% Category (Arts Faculty)||21-09-2018|
|Publication of Rank List and Merit List for 40% Category (Arts Faculty)||26-09-2018|
|Counseling for 60% & 40% Category||01-10-2018 to 11-10-2018|
|Venue : Kadambini Ganguly Memorial Hall, 3rd Floor, Composite Arts Building, Golapbag, B.U.|
|Commencement of Classes in BU Campus||09-10-2018|
|Commencement of Classes in the affiliated Colleges|
To know more about the University and Burdwan University Admission 2018, login to the Official Website. You can also like our facebook page to get latest updates regarding all University activities on your timeline directly. Also you can write your query related to above provided information in the below provided comment box.
Something That You Should Put An Eye On
|Burdwan University Time Table||Burdwan University Result|
|Top Universities in India||Top Colleges in India|
|Burdwan University counselling||Best Career Opportunities|
|Scholarship in India||Do you need Money for College Fee?|