CA Final Syllabus
Latest update!!! Biggest Changes has made In CA Final Syllabus For May 2018. So, participating contenders in ICAI Final Course Exam can download updated CA Final New Syllabus PDF from this page.
Through CA Final May 2018 Syllabus, candidates may start their preparation according to the New Syllabus Of CA Final for scoring good marks in exam. The complete CA Final Syllabus 2018 is provided below, take a look…
Why ICAI CA Final Exam is organized?
The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India is going to conduct CA Exams (Group-I/II) in the month of May 2018.CA Examination is organized for those, who have a biggest dream to become Chartered accountant.
So Candidates, who’re going to appear in ICAI Final Exam, Can download their CA Final Syllabus For May 2018 Attempt from here. To acquire updated information regarding CA Final New Syllabus, you need to check this page of recruitmentresult.com.
CA Final Syllabus
CA Final Syllabus for May 2018
Curriculum for Final Course:
|Paper 1||Financial Reporting (100 Marks)|
|Paper 2||Strategic Financial Management (100 Marks)|
|Paper 3||Advanced Auditing and Professional Ethics (100 Marks)|
|Paper 5||Advanced Management Accounting (100 Marks)|
|Paper 6||Information Systems Control and Audit (100 Marks)|
|Paper 7||Direct Tax Laws (100 Marks)|
Get Here Details of: CA Final Syllabus
CA Final Group I Syllabus
CA Final Exam Syllabus For Financial Reporting:
- The objective of this paper is to gain ability to solve financial reporting and valuation cases, so check CA Final Financial Reporting Syllabus here.
- Accounting Standards and Guidance Notes on various accounting aspects issued by the ICAI and their applications.
- Introduction of Indian Accounting Standards (Ind AS); Comparative study of ASs vis-a-visInd ASs; Carve outs/ins in Ind ASs vis-à-vis International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRSs).
- Corporate Financial Reporting – Issues and problems with special reference to published financial statements.
- Accounting for Corporate Restructuring (including inter-company holdings).
- Consolidated Financial Statements of Group Companies Concept of a Group, purposes of consolidated financial statements, minority interest, Goodwill , Consolidation procedures – Minority interests, Goodwill, Treatment of pre- acquisition and postacquisition profit. Etc.
- Accounting and reporting of financial instruments Meaning, recognition, derecognition and offset, compound financial instruments Measurement of financial instruments Hedge accounting Disclosures
- Share based payments Meaning, Equity settled transactions, Transaction with employees and non- employees Determination of fair value of equity instruments Vesting conditionsModification, cancellation and settlement Disclosures
- Financial Reporting by Mutual funds, Non-banking finance companies, Merchant bankers, Stock and commodity market intermediaries.
- Valuation (a) Concept of Valuation (b) Valuation of Tangible Fixed Assets (c) Valuation of Intangibles including brand valuation and valuation of goodwill (d) Valuation of liabilities (e) Valuation of Shares (f) Valuation of Business
- Developments in Financial Reporting (a) Value Added Statement (b) Economic Value Added, Market Value Added, Shareholders’ Value Added (c) Human Resource Reporting.
Check Here: CA Final Registration Form Details
CA Final SFM Syllabus For Paper 2:
Motive of this exam is to apply financial management theories and techniques for strategic decision making. New CA Final Strategic Financial Management Syllabus is provided below:
|Topics To Be Covered|
|Financial Policy and Corporate Strategy: Strategic decision making framework Interface of Financial Policy and strategic management Balancing financial goals vis-à-vis sustainable growth|
|Project Planning and Capital Budgeting: Feasibility study Cash flow Projections – Impact of taxation, depreciation, inflation and working capital Capital Budgeting Decisions – Certainty Equivalent approachetc|
|Leasing decision including cross border leasing|
|Dividend Decisions: Dividend theories, Determinants of dividend policies.|
|Indian Capital Market including role of various primary and secondary market institutions|
|Capital Market Instruments Financial derivatives – stock futures, stock options, index futures, index options Option valuation techniques : Binomial model, Black Scholes Option Pricing Model, Greeks – Delta, Gamma, Theta, Rho and Vega Pricing of Futures – Cost of carry model Imbedded derivatives, Commodity derivatives|
|OTC derivatives -Swaps, Swaptions, Forward Rate Agreements (FRAs), Caps, Floors and Collors.|
|Security Analysis Fundamental analysis – Economic analysis, Industry analysis and Company Analysisetc|
|Portfolio Theory and Asset Pricing Efficient Market Theory – Random walk theory; Markowitz model of risk return optimization Capital Asset Pricing Model (CAPM) Arbitrage Pricing Theory (APT) Sharpe Index Model|
|Financial Services in India Investment Banking Retail Banking, On Line Share Trading Depository Service.|
|Mutual Funds: Regulatory framework, formulation, monitoring and evaluation of various schemes of Mutual funds, Money market mutual funds. Exchange Traded Funds.|
|Money Market operations, Foreign Direct Investment, Foreign Institutional Investment.|
|International Financial Management Raising of capital abroad – American Depository Receipts, Global Depository Receipts, External Commercial Borrowings and Foreign Currency Convertible Bonds|
|Foreign Exchange Exposure and Risk Management Exchange rate determination, Exchange rate forecasting Foreign currency market Foreign exchange derivatives – Forward, futures, options and swaps|
|Mergers, Acquisitions and Restructuring Meaning of mergers and acquisition, categories, purposes Process of mergers and acquisition – Identification and valuation of the target, acquisition through negotiation, due diligence, post – merger integration|
Check Here: Tips to Make Study Interesting
CA Final Updated Syllabus For Advanced Auditing And Professional Ethics
Paper three’ aim is to gain expert knowledge of current auditing practices and procedures and apply them in auditing engagements. Check updated CA Final Advanced Auditing And Professional Ethics Syllabus here.
- Auditing Standards, Statements and Guidance Notes Auditing and Assurance Standards (AASs); Statements and Guidance Notes on Auditing issued by the ICAI; Significant differences between Auditing and Assurance Standards and International Standards on Auditing.
- Audit strategy, planning and programming Planning the flow of audit work; audit strategy, planning programme and importance of supervision: review of audit notes and working papers; drafting of reports; principal’s ultimate responsibility; extent of delegation; control over quality of audit work; reliance on the work of other auditor, internal auditor or an expert.
- Risk Assessment and Internal Control Evaluation of internal control procedures; techniques including questionnaire, flowchart; internal audit and external audit, coordination between the two.
- Audit under computerized information system (CIS) environment Special aspects of CIS Audit Environment, need for review of internal control especially procedure controls and facility controls. Approach to audit in CIS Environment, use of computers for internal and management audit purposes: audit tools, test packs, computerized audit programmes; Special Aspects in Audit of E-Commerce Transaction.
- Special audit techniques (a) Selective verification; statistical sampling: Special audit procedures; physical verification of assets, direct confirmation of debtors and creditors (b) Analytical review procedures (c) Risk-based auditing.
- Audit of limited companies Relevant Provisions under the Companies Act, 2013 relating to Audit and Auditors and Rules made thereunder; Audit of branches: joint audits; Dividends and divisible profits – financial, legal, and policy considerations.
- Rights, duties, and liabilities of auditors; third party liability.
- Audit reports; Qualifications, notes on accounts, distinction between notes and qualifications, detailed observations by the statutory auditor to the management vis-a-vis obligations of reporting to the members.
- Audit Committee and Corporate Governance
- Provisions under the Companies Act, 2013 in respect of Accounts of Companies and Rules made thereunder. Audit of Consolidated Financial Statements, Audit Reports and Certificates for Special Purpose engagements; Certificates under the Payment of Bonus Act, import/export control authorities, etc.; Specific services to non-audit clients; Certificate on Corporate Governance.
- Special features of audit of banks, insurance companies, co-operative societies and non-banking financial companies.
- Audit under Fiscal Laws, viz, Direct and Indirect Tax Laws. Cost audit.
- Special audit assignments like audit of bank borrowers, audit of stock and commodity exchange intermediaries and depositories; inspection of special entities like banks, financial institutions, mutual funds, stock brokers.
- Special features in audit of public sector companies. Directions of Comptroller and Auditor General of India to statutory auditors; Concepts of propriety and efficiency audit.
- Internal audit, management and operational audit Nature and purpose, organisation, audit programme, behavioural problems; Internal Audit Standards issued by the ICAI; Specific areas of management and operational audit involving review of internal control, purchasing operations, manufacturing operations, selling and distribution, personnel policies, systems and procedures. Aspects relating to concurrent audit.
- Investigation and Due Diligence, Concept of peer review. Salient features of Sarbanes – Oxley Act, 2002 with special reference to reporting on internal control. Professional Ethics.
You May Read This: Tips to Manage Time In Exam
Syllabus Of CA Final For Corporate And Allied Laws:
Paper 4 contains two sections namely Section A: Company Law and Section B: Allied Laws. The latest CA Final Law Syllabus is provided below:
For Section A: Company Law:
|Topics To Be Covered|
|Corporate Secretarial Practice–Drafting of Resolution, Minutes, Notices and Reports|
|Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code, 2016- Covering Important Definitions, Corporate Insolvency Resolution Process, and Liquidation Process|
For Section B: Allied Laws:
An overview of the following laws –
- The Securities and Exchange Board of India Act, 1992, Rules, Regulations and Guidelines issued thereunder.
- Securities Contracts (Regulation) Act, 1956
- The Foreign Exchange Management Act, 1999
- The Competition Act, 2002
- The Banking Regulation Act, 1949, The Insurance Act, 1938. The Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority Act, 1999. The Securitisation and Reconstruction of Financial Assets and Enforcement of Security Interest Act, 2002
- The Prevention of Money Laundering Act, 2002
- Interpretation of Statutes, Deeds and Documents.
You May Read This: Strategies To Improve Memory
CA Final Group II Syllabus
CA Final Papers Syllabus For Paper 5: Advanced Management Accounting:
Advanced Management Accounting’s objective is to develop ability to apply quantitative techniques to business problems. Get CA Final Advanced Management Accounting Syllabus from this section.
|Cost Volume Profit Analysis|
|Budgets and Budgetary Control: The Budget Manual, Preparation and Monitoring Procedures, Budget Variances, Flexible Budgets, Preparation of Functional Budget for Operating and Non-Operating Functions, Cash Budgets, Capital Expenditure Budget, Master Budget, Principal Budget Factors.|
|Standard Costing and Variance Analysis:|
|Cost Management in Service Sector|
|Uniform Costing and Inter Firm Comparison|
|Profitability Analysis – Product Wise / Segment Wise / Customer Wise|
|Financial Decision Modeling:|
Read Here: Best Ways To Finish Exam On Time
ICAI Final Course Exam Syllabus For Paper 6: Information Systems Control And Audit:
The exam’s motive is to develop competencies and skill-sets in evaluation of controls and relevant evidence gathering in an IT environment using IT tools and techniques. CA Final Information Systems Control And Audit Syllabus is described below:
- Concepts of Governance and Management of Information Systems: Governance, Risk and compliance and relationship between governance and management. Role of information technology and IS Strategy in business strategy etc.
- Information Systems Concepts: Overview of information systems in IT environment and practical aspects of application of information systems in enterprise processes.
- Protection of Information Systems: Need for protection of Information systems, types of controls, IT general controls, logical access controls & application controls.
- Business Continuity Planning and Disaster recovery planning: Assessing Business Continuity Management, Business Impact Analysis and Business Continuity Plans, Disaster recovery from perspective of going concern, Recovery Strategies
- Acquisition, Development and Implementation of Information Systems: Business process design (integrated systems, automated, and manual interfaces), Software procurement, RFP process, evaluation of IT proposals, computing ROI etc.
- Auditing & Information Systems: Different types of IS audit and assurance engagements. Evaluating IT dependencies for audit planning. Overview of continuous auditing. Auditing Information System.
- Information Technology Regulatory issues: Overview of Specific section of IT Act 2008 & Rules as relevant for assurance: Electronic Contracting, digital signatures, cyber offences, etc.
- Emerging Technology: Overview of Cloud Computing, Software as a Service, Mobile Computing & BYOD, Web 2.0 & social media, Green IT and related security and audit issues.
Want to Know? CA Coaching Classes
ICAI CA Final Exam Syllabus For Paper – 7: Direct Tax Laws:
Paper seven’s aim is To gain advanced knowledge of the provisions of direct tax laws. Download CA Final Direct Tax Laws Syllabus from here.
The Income-tax Act, 1961 and Rules thereunder
While covering the direct tax laws, students should familiarise themselves with considerations relevant to tax management. These may include tax considerations with regard to specific management decisions, foreign collaboration agreements, international taxation, amalgamations, tax incentives, personnel compensation plans, inter-relationship of taxation and accounting, with special reference to relevant accounting standards and other precautions to be observed to maximise tax relief. Further, they should have a basic understanding about the ethical considerations in tax management and compliance with taxation laws.
CA Final New Syllabus ICAI for Paper 8: Indirect Tax Laws:
The exam eight’s motive is to gain advanced knowledge of the principles of the laws relating to central excise, service tax and customs.So start preparing through new CA Final Indirect Tax Laws Syllabus.
|Section A: Central Excise||Central Excise Act, 1944 and the Central Excise Tariff Act, 1985|
|Section B: Service Tax & Goods and Services Tax|
|Section C: Customs||Customs Act, 1962 and Customs Tariff Act, 1975 and Foreign Trade Policy to the extent relevant to indirect tax laws|
Direct Link To Download: CA Final Syllabus PDF
CA Final Exam Pattern
|Paper 1||Financial Reporting||100|
|Paper 2||Strategic Financial Management||100|
|Paper 3||Advanced Auditing And Professional Ethics||100|
|Paper 4||Corporate And Allied Laws||100|
|Paper 5||Advanced Management Accounting||100|
|Paper 6||Information Systems Control And Audit||100|
|Paper 7||Direct Tax Laws||100|
|Paper 8||Indirect Tax Laws||100|
Get Here: CA Syllabus
What are the requirements for Appearing in CA Final Exam?
Before going to apply for CA Final Examination, you have to complete prescribed period of 3 years or 3½ years, as the case may be, of article training as on the date of filling the exam application form.
Those, who’ve completed training session, are only eligible to appear in CA Final May Exam 2018. So, if you’re looking for CA Final New Syllabus Applicability, then you no need to go anywhere, as, CA Final Revised Syllabus For May 2018, are provided here.
Brief Information About CA Final Exam:
Institute of Chartered Accountants of India organizes this exam twice in a year i.e. in the month of November and May. To appear in CA Final Examination, you need to qualify the Intermediate Examination or professional education examination – II./PCC/IPCC.
Want to Know? How to Become a Chartered Accountant
CA Final Registration for Final course in concerned Regional office of the Institute on the basis of score obtained in previous group of examination. Candidates can directly download CA Final Syllabus For May 2018 Pdf from here and start preparation according to it.
Candidates, who want to send any feedback regarding CA Final Syllabus 2018, can leave their comment here. Bookmark our web portal and download latest updates about CA Final Syllabus For May 2018 ICAIon your instant access.
Follow us social media like FB, Google plus and get up to date information about CA Final New Syllabus Books, CA Final New Syllabus Study Material and CA Final May 2018 Syllabus etc. Thank you for visiting us.
Something That You Should Put An Eye On
|CA Final Result||How to Get in the Mood to Study|
|Health Hazards due to over Studying||Last Minute Exam Preparation Tips|
|Makes Your Brain Work Better||Create Your Own Study Guide|
|CA Final Admit Card||CA Final Time Table|