Cabin Crew Careers in India
If you have an ambition to go for a Cabin Crew Careers in India then you must adopt this sector as you future. It will be a good option as it has grown so much that it is now considered one of the highest contributors to the Indian economy and it offers a bright career to those who want to enhance their career in this sector. The first step to begin with this field successfully is completing a course in aviation management training. Here in this article, you’ll get a detailed info regarding Cabin Crew, Jobs Requirements, and Future Scope in India.
Scope of Cabin Crew In India
Aspirants who have a passion for travelling, can also join this sector as future path as this sector accepts all those aspirants who have acquire a course in aviation management training. There is a requirement of a good personality and excellent communications skills
Air cabin crew members have multiple career options. They can seek job opportunities in public sector airlines, like Indian Airlines and Air India. However, most cabin crew members prefer private airlines operating on domestic and international routes. Private airlines like Jet Airways, Kingfisher, Spice Jet, IndiGo, and Sahara Airlines are some favored firms for cabin crews. With experience, they can become supervisors and assign and oversee the work of junior cabin crew members. Most airlines allow crew members to opt for other jobs within the airline, depending on their suitability for the positions available. Some airlines allocate routine assign administrative and other ground duties to senior flight staff members.
Their main responsibility is to take care of the comfort and safety of the passengers traveling in the aircraft. Their duties includes checking passengers’ tickets, assist them in storing luggage, and demonstrate safety measures, using techniques of emergency equipment, show exit doors etc. They also keep a check on the availability of food and beverages, first-aid kit equipments onboard. On flight, they serve meals and drinks. They are trained to deal with emergencies and help passengers. The air cabin crew is also required to tackle special problems, like ill health of passengers, etc.
The minimum qualification to become an air cabin crew is 10+2 pass or graduation from a recognized university. There are ample of institutes offers different diploma and certificate courses, like Diploma in Airline and Travel Management, Diploma in Professional services, Professional Ground Staff Services, International Diploma in Training and Certificate courses in flight attendant training, airport operations, travel management, etc. Fluency in many other languages is a best tool and advantage and they must have a pleasing personality. Many short duration training courses are also available. An individual can join the courses after completed post graduation also. Besides a fulltime course, most of the institutions offer a diploma in aviation management India
There are various affiliated institutions in India from where one can avail of these courses.
Top Colleges Offers UG/PG/Other Courses
As the job demands for cabin crew are increasing day by day, numerous training institutes in India offer various courses for cabin crew members. Some prominent institutes among them are:
- Indian Airlines Ltd. Central Training Establishment, Hyderabad
- Delhi Flying Club Ltd., New Delhi
- Sahara India Aviation Academy, New Delhi
- Skyline Educational Institute, New Delhi
- Avalon Aviation Academy, New Delhi and Jammu
- Airawat Aviation Academy, Mumbai
- Flytech Aviation Academy, Secunderabad
- Indian Aviation Academy, Mumbai
- Air Hostess Academy, Delhi
- Frankfinn Institute of Air Hostess Training, Delhi
- Freebird Aviation & Management Services, Trivandrum
- Institute of Hotel Management, Ahmadabad.
Top 10 Aviation Colleges in India (With Official Sites)
- J. Aviation academy- Bangalore-> www.ajinstitutions.com
- Indian Institute of Aeronautics science- Jamshedpur-> iias-jamshedpur.tripod.com
- Hindustan Aviation Academy- Bangalore-> www.hindustanacademy.edu.in
- Indian institute of aeronautical science- Kolkata-> www.iias-kolkata.tripod.com
- Indian Institute for Aeronautical Engineering & Information Technology (IIAEIT) Pune-> www.iiaeit.org.
- Indian Aviation Academy- Mumbai-> www.iaa.edu.in
- Rajiv Gandhi Aviation Academy- Hyderabad-> www.rgaviation.com
- Wingsss College of Aviation Technology- Pune-> www.wcat.in
- Ahmedabad Aviation and Aeronautics- Ahmedabad-> www.aaa.co.in
- Indian Institute of Aeronautics- New Delhi-> www.iiagroup.co.in
Before you get enrolled in a particular institute for a course, take time to know and chose the requirements of the course and the best college. Don’t stuck in a career which is not meant for you. The job of a cabin crew look all glamorous and appealing but, it has its lots of challenges too for you.
The pay scales is attractive and many perks, allowances are offered in the airlines sector. At beginning, the salary is between Rs. 20,000 and Rs. 25,000 on monthly basis generally in public sector airlines. And in private airlines, one can expect higher pay packages. The emoluments in Pvt. international airlines are three times higher than the public sector. Besides attractive perks, crew members get free air tickets for themselves and their family. With experience, one can expect to get Rs. 30,000 – 40,000 per month and senior can easily earn up to Rs. 75,000 each month.
Something That You Should Put An Eye On