How to Become A Banker
In this era, many of the candidates are inquisitive to know How to Become A Banker?? The biggest exam for recruitment in the banking field is organized by IBPS. Banks play a vital role in our life. Banking sector is a good career choice for the youth, many of the aspirants want to do bank job. Well, go through this page to know entire details of Banker’s Job Profile, Skills, Career Prospects, and Salary etc.
How to Become A Banker
Banker’s Job Profile:
The term ‘banker’ refers to the people employed by banks and building societies, who are hired in a managerial capacity (junior, mid-level and senior). We can say that the term ‘banker’ is used chastely in the context of institutions that are betrothed in conventional banking, i.e. making loans, accepting deposits, and clearing transactions.
Banker’s Essential Skills and Qualities:
In investment banking, employers customarily require you to validate commercial awareness and knowledge of financial markets and sectors. You will also need to possess the following:
- Strong numerical and analytical skills – usually backed up by a relevant degree
- Excellent teamwork and leadership skills
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills
- The ability to manage time effectively
- The self-confidence and decisiveness to make difficult decisions
- The ability to work within a stressful environment and remain calm under pressure
Must Know: Eligibility for Bank
|Degree Level||High school diploma may be sufficient; bachelor’s degree often preferred|
|Degree Field||Finance, business administration, accounting, or economics|
|Licensure/Certification||Varies depending upon area of expertise; voluntary certification available|
|Experience||0-5 years; rigorous on-the-job training programs are typically provided|
|Key Skills||Math and customer service skills; in addition to strong business, oral, and written communication skills; basic understanding of Microsoft Office and other related software; critical thinking capabilities; multi-tasking proficiency; and attention to detail|
Banker’s Salary & Benefits:
- In retail banks, graduates can expect to start at around £21,500 ($29,930), depending on the location and the employer, with supplementary bonuses and welfares on offer throughout their career.
- Once qualified, branch management roles can rise to around £40,000 ($55,680), while senior management positions can go as high as £60,000 ($83,520).
- Regional and specialist managers can earn in excess of £80,000 ($111,360) per year.
You May Also Check:- Bank Salary
Steps to Become a Banker – When & Where to Start?
Became a banker is not an easy task, you have to achieve day to day targets by performing various tasks. This would come from working with both customers and staff. Check the step wise guidelines given below:
Step 1: Earn a High School Diploma
Step 2: Obtain a Bachelor’s Degree.
Step 3: Participate in an Internship.
Step 4: Complete an Investment Banking Program.
Step 5: Get Licensed.
Step 6: Consider Obtaining a MBA
Get Best Answer: How to Get Bank Jobs
About Banking Job:
It was very easy to be a Banker in ancient time because there was not so tidy completion to get a job but now for single post lakh of hosts. Now you have to face entrance exam in which you have to get cut off marks to be enlisted in the merit to be appear in the interview for various posts in any public sector bank through IBPS Exam or single exam of any bank of this category.
In private sector you can get the job if have Good Communications Skills and few experience of marketing job because at initial in private banks your job will be to open the accounts of all types and after minimum 2 years’ experience along with healthy business you may be promote for operational job in the bank.
Do You Know The Educational Requirements For Bank Jobs???
- To be banker aspirants need to have possessed high school diploma or GED equivalent. A bachelor’s degree from a recognized University / institute, need to have good grades, particularly in English and math.
- To get good knowledge about banking you have done a four year bachelor degree in business, finance, or accounting will be held in high regard by your employers.
- If you are planning for a bright career as a specialist or investment banker, you must have to possess MBA with a focus on finance or business.
- A good idea is to complete your undergraduate degree, and then your postgraduate studies can be pursued part-time while you are working.
Grab Today: Jobs At Banking Sector (5000 Vacancies)
Working Hours and Environment for a Banker:
Normally, Bankers working hours are fix from 9am to 5pm, but you have to work extra from time to time. Part-time, flexible working and career break opportunities are also available if a person creates such situation.
Because of the high profile nature of the job, you have to maintain an elegant look, specialized conduct at all times. Skills and interests which you must have to be a good Banker are:
- outstanding interpersonal skills
- leadership qualities
- brilliant written and oral Communication Skills
- analytical skills
- a enthusiasm to reposition
- creative thinking and an curious mind
- enthusiasm and a obligation to additional training
Banking Job Description
Here are some of the daily tasks you might undertake as a banker:
- Processing deposits and withdrawals
- Opening and closing accounts
- Providing customer service
- Looking over and analyzing loan applications
- Communicating with colleagues
- Referring business to other department as required
Want to Know? Career As A Finance Sector
Opportunities for a Banker:
As a trainee it is very easy to move quickly to management positions, frequently during a ‘fast track’ route where you can achieve a managerial job at the end of successful banking training.
You could choose to move to a work load branch where you’d manage a particular business area, such as personal loans. Alternatively, you could work in corporate banking or a more specialized role.
Candidates who have any query in concern of above provided stuff related to How to Become A Banker are advised to comment in the below given comment box, our expertise team members of recruitmentresult.com will solve it as soon as possible.
Something That You Should Put An Eye On
|Bank Coaching Institutes||Latest Private Bank Jobs|
|Bank Exam Pattern||Bank Interview Questions and Answers|
|Bank Online Test||Bank Preparation Material/Books|
|Bank Exam Model Papers||Bank Placement Paper|