Career In Counselling
Counselling is a confidential service, considered as a talking therapy. In this process, person can share about their problems and feelings to a professional named as counselor. Individuals who want to make their Career In Counselling, must known about requirements to become a counselors such as Essential Skills, required qualification, salary & scope etc given in this article.
Career In Counselling
Essential Skills to become a Counsellor:
- Excellent listening and communication skills
- The ability to develop a non-judgemental approach
- Business Management skills.
- Critical Thinking Skills
- a non-judgemental outlook and a willingness to work with all kinds of people
- patience, tolerance and sensitivity
- an understanding of your own attitudes and responses
- a belief that all clients are able to make positive changes
- An appreciation of confidentiality issues.
- An understanding of confidentiality and professional boundaries
- Resilience, patience and humility
- A genuine interest in others
Must Read: How to Become a Counselor
Essential Educational Qualification for Career In Counselling:-
For becoming a School Counsellor
Individuals who want to become a School Counsellor (certified teachers) must possess master’s degrees in school counselling or in educational counselling. Ambitious Counsellors (advisor) choose to major in elementary or secondary school counselling.
For becoming a Marriage and Family Counsellor
To become Marriage and Family Counsellors, one should possess masters or doctoral degree in marriage and Family counselling. Graduates must take courses in marriage and family therapist theories, human development, mental disorders, sexual dysfunction and other topics related to marriage and family counselling.
Read Now: Counselling Tips & Techniques
For becoming a Career Counsellor
Counsellors whose area of interest is a Career Counsellor should earn a master’s degree in counselling. They have to take their courses in career development, assessment, human development and counselling methods.
For becoming a Mental Health or Substance Abuse Counsellor
For becoming a Mental Health or Substance Abuse Counsellor, candidates have to earn a master’s degree in mental health counselling. They have to take courses in assessment, psychotherapy, psychopathology and human development.
Do You Know About: How to Choose Right Career
The starting salary of Counsellor is Rs. 20,000 to Rs. 25000 per month as per norms. On the other hand, candidates who possess some experience and personal skill will get Rs. 50,000 per month with some good organizations.
There is no limit for those private practitioners who can give results according to their skills and ability. Soft Skill Trainer will get Rs. between Rs.15,000 to Rs. 20, 000 in starting. After gaining some on job experience, contenders will get Rs. 25,000 per month and more. All these economic gains depend upon one’s own ability.
Courses for becoming a Counsellor:
- Diploma in Crisis
- Diploma in Cognitive Coaching and Mentoring
- Certificate in Couple and Family Skills
- Diploma in Coaching and Mentoring
- Certificate in Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
- Diploma in Addiction
- Certificate in Grief and Bereavement
- Diploma In Clinical and Pastoral
- Certificate in Coaching
- Certificate in Mentoring
- Diploma in Social Care
- Certificate in Stress Management
- Certificate in Major Incidents
- Certificate in Spiritual Care
- Diploma in Grief and Bereavement
- Certificate in Understanding Addiction
- Diploma in Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Must Read: 7 Salary Negotiation Tips for New Job
Most common types of counselors are:
- Marriage and Family Counsellors
- Mental/ Health Counsellors
- Drug/ Alcohol abuse Counsellors
- Educational/ Career Guidance Counsellors
- Career Counsellors
- Rehabilitation Counsellors
Some common specifications to be a Counsellor:
- Candidate willing to become a counsellor must keep a Bachelor’s / Masters level in the involved specification according to the area for which he / she wish to be a Counsellor.
- Knowledge of concept
- Exact personal personality and be aware of useful capabilities
- Licensure is essential in every state.
- Administered trial exercise is regularly necessary past to a counsellor can come to be absolutely accepted.
- Excellent being attentive and interaction capabilities, ability to flourish organizations with a lot of different types of population, managing capabilities for legal care finish customer review.
Working hours of Counsellors:
Mainly, the working hours of Counsellors are 9:00 am to 5:00 pm but some posts may require evening or weekend work to meet with clients. British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP) has decided that a maximum of 20 hours of client contact time per week.
Know Here: How You Can Choose Best Career
Career Prospects & Scope for a Counsellor In India:
Counsellors work with different kinds of population, as of all saunters of breathing, of all era, with all different learning and understanding levels. These specializes may offer ways and recommendation, for example, to significant entrepreneurs or flat just Tenth standard children presently basic out in the globe.
Career In Counselling Prospects
- Mental strength:
These kind of counsellor attempt with public problems from impacting or emotional struggling and promote emotional health and fitness and might attempt with individual problems from various problems with anxiety, worries, despair, misery, value issues, shock, things misuse and other matters.
Get Best Answer: Memory Improvement Techniques
- Didactic and school:
They offer personal, beneficial, common and academic analysis services. The efficient usually work in basic advise, secondary university or university conferences and may support students evaluate their skills and determine personal or social problems.
These types of counsellors also renowned as occupation / Professional counsellors, support population hard profession choices and usually hold assessments to help people decide which professions are best-matched to their requirements, wellness and skills.
- Habitual and behavioral:
They work with population problems from Regular to things drugs, alcohol and gambling. Few counsellors in this place focus in performing with individuals with a exacting behavior situation like an eating disorder. Professionals in this sub-specialty place often conduct personal guidance classes, but they can in addition make group treatment.
Must Know: Which Career Suit Me?
- Wedding and relations:
These Counsellors suggests social contact and emotional health and fitness action to partners and relations and conduct guidance gathering with a couple or the whole forefathers unit, or they can highlight on providing one personage within the forefathers who is problems from in contact with or psychosomatic struggling
They support individual problems, physical or emotional problems that can influence their forefathers, community, and academia or profession life. According to the expert perspective manual, these used determine the power and limits of individuals, give personal and expert therapy, present covering administration maintain, and place for healing care, expert planning, and profession place.
Read Also: How to Become a Clinical Psychologist
Responsibilities of Counsellor:
- Establish a relationship of trust and respect with clients
- Agree a counselling contract to determine what will be covered in sessions (including confidentiality issues)
- Encourage clients to talk about issues they feel they cannot normally share with others
- Actively listen to client concerns and empathise with their position
- Accept without bias the issues raised by clients
- Help clients towards a deeper understanding of their concerns
- Challenge any inconsistencies in what clients say or do
- Help clients to make decisions and choices regarding possible ways forward
- Refer clients to other sources of help, as appropriate
- Attend supervision and training courses
- Undertake personal therapy (mandatory for accreditation)
- Liaise, as necessary, with other agencies and individuals to help make changes based on the issues raised by clients
- Work to agreed targets in relation to client contact
- Undertake group as well as individual therapy on occasions
- Keep records and use reporting tools.
Counselling as a Profession:
Counselling can be done for various types of situations from education to rehabilitation and it proposes a chance to explore one’s thoughts such as anger, resentment, crime, fear etc. in a confidential environment. The aim of counselling is to help one, to understand what is going on and facilitate them to make their own choices, take decision on their strength and work on them accordingly.
If you have a kind of talent for expressing the ideas to the people, you can choose Counselling as a Profession to gear up your career. But, there are many things to work on before choosing this field as your career, let’s discuss.
You Can Also Check: Career As A Legal Advisor
There is an enormous career for a counsellor as he / she gets an awesome volume of salary in Native Indian and on International level too. Let’s talk about some common specifications to be a Counsellor and its Career Prospects & Scope in India etc.
Applicants if you are looking for the more profession relevant aspects like recruitments, date sheets, hall ticket, entrance examination, syllabus etc must surf our web portal recruitmentresult.com. You may also register our free email section to get remain in touch with profession relevant information. For any query regarding above given information of Career In Counselling, ask in below given comment box. We will try to solve your query as soon as we can.
Something That You Should Put An Eye On