Career In Home Science
A Career In Home Science is best suited to people that have sensible aesthetic sense relating to modern arts, home decorations and fashionable housework. Home science is a scientific course of study that moulds a student with a range of life skills. This is a unique discipline which includes all the things concerning to science and art. Persons who want to make their Career in Home Science can find the information about Eligibility, Available Courses in this field and Job Prospects here.
Home science is currently out of the shell of misconceptions and opened its doors for new avenues in all feasible fields of life. There are many career opportunities in this field and it’s one amongst the highest career decisions made by students. It provides the person all the information of the scientific procedures concerned in creating a home lovely. Its ever-changing outlook has attracted many students sanctioning them to pursue an eminent career.
The candidate applying for the course of Home Science must have the required eligibility as.
Home science is offered as a subject in class 11th and 12th in CBSE and other boards.
For Undergraduate Course:
For admission in a bachelor’s degree courses, the candidate should have passed the higher secondary school certificate (10+2) examination with science subjects like biology, maths and chemistry. The period for this course is three years.
For Postgraduate Course:
The eligibility criteria for pursuing a master’s degree require bachelor’s degree with science subjects like biology, math’s and chemistry. The period for this course is two years.
Streams in Home Science
The study of Home Science includes training in home management and skilled training for skills in a wide spectrum of jobs.
Home Science has five streams:
- Food and Nutrition,
- Resource Management,
- Human Development,
- Fabric and Apparel Science, and
- Communication and Extension
Home Science offers specialization in:
- Dietetics and nutrition
- Child development
- Textile designing
- Home economists study the application of economic principles relating to income, expenditure, consumption etc
List Of Courses
Home science as a field of study is application directed and prepares one for several professions. Once finishing 10th/12th/ graduation in Home science one have an options of courses like.
- Diploma in Home Science
- Advanced Diploma in Child Guidance and Family Counseling
- Bachelor of Science in Home Science
- Bachelor of Science in Household Science
- Bachelor of Science in Home Science & Nutrition
- Master of Science in Home Science
- Master of Science in Home Management
- Master of Science in Family Resource Management
- Master of Philosophy in Home Science
- Master of Philosophy in Home Science Extension Education
- Doctor of Philosophy in Home Science Foods and Nutrition
- Doctor of Philosophy in Family Resource Management
Home science is one among the recognized skilled careers in India. Home science not solely deals with home alone rather; it’s opened new views and opportunities for college students in all fields of life. There are broad arrays of job opportunities during this field such as:
- Nutrition Consultants/Nutritionist in food sectors
- Food Technologists and Scientist in food industries
- Biochemist and microbiologist in medical laboratories and industries
- Psychologists or Counsellors in health care organisations
- Work men family counsellors
- Apparel merchandisers
- Interior designers
- Entrepreneurs in the field of textiles, food sector, baking and confectionary
- Teaching profession
- House-keeping departments of hotels, tourist resorts, catering units, fast food joints
- Cabin crews are selected from home science background also.
Students are suggested to think about this course of education, because it will certainly offer them career of their selection and it might create the individual complete in all aspects of life.
Something That You Should Put An Eye On
|Which Career Suit Me?||Personality Development Tips|
|Memory Improvement Techniques||Effective Communication Strategies|
|Use of Social Media In Education||Stress Management|