Career in Retail Marketing
Among many sectors India is one of the fastest growing countries in the world. Here, you will know about the opportunities of Career In Retail Marketing. There are so many Job Opportunities In Retail Sector for youngsters who could not start their career yet as well as experienced person lack of good guidance.
Sometimes ago you heard about FDI in retail sector which was protest by the opposition party in parliament. According to great economist, India is the 5th largest retail market in the world so this is the time to know about retail marketing for better job opportunities in this sector.
Career in Retail Marketing
What Is Retail Marketing?
The retail industry in India, contributes 10% of the country’s GDP, reports says. Retail sector is related to those goods which used by consumer daily in their life. They need tall hose things from wake up to sleep. Consumer buys all goods from retail shops according to their need as toothpaste, brush, tea, coffee, food, drinks, oil, soap, clothes and luxury items etc. from under a roof at a retail price.
Jobs & Growth Options In Banking:- Check Here
Scope of the Indian Retail Market:
The scope of Indian retail market is vast in India to balance economy for the highest growth in the next 5 years. The Indian retail industry contributes 10% of the country’s GDP and its current growth rate is 8.5%. In the Indian retail market the scope for growth can be seen from the fact that it is expected to rise to US$ 608.9 billion in 2009 from US$ 394 billion in 2005.
The organized retail sector in India is only 3% and is predictable to rise to 25- 30% by the year 2010. Wallmart stores invested Rs. 623 crore into Indian market in June 2014 to expand its network. Many other companies have planned to invest in Indian Retail Market through FDI.
ISF praised the government to allow FDI in retail sector and said that this will give a boost up to organized retailing and will have a positive impact on employment and there will be produced million of jobs in retail sector.
Read Also:- Career Development Skills
Job prospects in Retail Sector:
- Customer Sales Associate: It is the entry-level post in retail business. Every retail shop is totally dependent upon the sales executive/ associate so it is the most important post of retails sector. A good sales person should have good communication skills & knowledge about the products, shops, customers etc.
- Store Manager: The store manager is in charge of the employees of the store and he report has report to a District or Area manager or the store’s owner.
- Retail Operation Manager: Candidates can start this job with post graduation degree for retail manager. He plans and coordinates the operations of the outlet & order form stock.
- Retail Buyers and Merchandisers: He is the person who selects the goods to buy for the retail shop. He should know the need of the consumers, should be alert of the trends in the market, and have great enthusiasm and energy.
- Visual Merchandisers: These people make popular to the brand, so this is also one of the important positions in the industry.
To Know Best Career Opportunities:- Press Here
Courses to make career in Retail Management:
Various Indian Institutes offer many courses in Retail Management:
- B.Sc. in Fashion Merchandising and Retail Management
- M.Sc. in Fashion Merchandising and Retail Management
- M.B.A. -Retail Management
- Bachelor of Fashion Retail Management
- Post Graduate Certificate in Retail Management
- Post Graduate Diploma in Marketing and Retail Management
- Post Graduate Diploma in Retail Management
- Post Graduate Programme in Fashion Retail Management
Also Check:- Opportunities in Finance Sector
Individuals can earn up to 25,000/- per month according to their qualification and experiences.
Talented, dedicated people, who think themselves suitable and comfort for retail marketing and interested in this field, may garb the coming millions opportunities in this sector. Individual should have analytical mind, good leadership quality, positive attitude, problem solving skills by communication, always updated, able to conscience customer, familiar behave, enthusiastic and creative ability much more whatever you have is important with your skills.
Retail sector is one of the fastest rising sectors in the world. It has contributed to the economic development of various countries. Specially retail stores, malls, factory outlets, franchises, chain stores, lifestyle & personal products, household appliances etc have boost up a big requirement for skilled professionals. Industry is looking for job seekers at all levels store keeper to manager. So you may choose your career in this fast growing global sector.
Check Here:- Career as a Company Secretary
It is an industry looking for people at all levels, from the school pass out with basic skills, to the well qualified supply chain and retail management professionals. One can take up a job depending on one’s interest and aptitude, since retail industry is an array of activities starting from marketing to branding. This makes retail profession one of the most demanding careers of the era.
Something That You Should Put An Eye On