CAT Selection Procedure
The CAT Selection Procedure of CAT 2018 Exam which will be held on 25-11-2018 consists of WAT/GD and Personal Interview (PI) rounds. The CAT Selection process starts after the result of CAT 2018 is announced. Check Complete IIM CAT Selection Criteria from here.
On the basis of CAT Score Card, you can take admission in 20 IIMs. CAT Registration will commence from 08-08-2018 till 19-09-2018. If you are willing to pursue PG Programs in Management, then, you must know about CAT Selection Procedure 2018.
CAT Selection Procedure at IIM, Check Here:
CAT is a national level examwhich is organizing to evaluate knowledge of quantitative aptitude, data interpretation, verbal ability and logical reasoning. Students preparing for Common Admission Test should know about CAT Selection Process and detailed CAT eligibility.
After checking Selection Procedure For CAT, you may note down Common Admission Test Date, CAT Registration dates. Acquire all details about CAT 2018 Selection Procedureof IIM’s, IIM Eligibility Criteria and IIM Test Paper by going through this page of recruitmentresult.com.
CAT Selection Procedure 2018
Student’s performance in CAT exam plays crucial role in assortment process. As on the basis of score card, IIMs announce cutoffs. Those who meet the cutoff are eligible for next round which are Written Ability Test (WAT), Group Discussions (GD) and Personal Interviews (PI).
Each IIM will send interview letters to the shortlisted contenders directly. After that, final merit list is prepared consisting names of aspirants eligible for taking admission. Other factors such as previous academic performance of the candidates, relevant work experience also plays significant role in short listing to complete CAT Selection Criteria.
Check Out Here: CAT Previous Year Question Paper
CAT Selection Process
Academic cut-offs and the weightage allocated to the evaluation parameters may differ across IIMs. Selection Procedure In CAT Exam includes these rounds:
Must Read: CAT Entrance Exam Tips
After checking CAT Selection Procedure, you also need to know about CAT Counselling Procedure. Selected aspirants become eligible for counseling process. Those who have made their registration and payment of requisite fee may appear for CAT 2018 Counselling.
You are advised to carry original and photo copies of relevant credentials for verification or fulfilling the entire CAT Selection Criteria. Reach on time at the counselling centres on the scheduled date. Have a glance on three phases of it.
- Online Registration
- Seat allocation and Payment
- Counselling and Admission
Documents obligatory to appear for Counselling:
To complete the CAT Selection Process, you need to verify below stated list of documents, take a look…
- Date of birth certificate
- Transfer Certificate (TC) from the Institution attended and Conduct Certificate.
- Mark lists of all Qualifying Degree examination and Certificates
- Migration Certificate, if applicable.
- Caste and Income Certificate
- Other specified documents as prescribed by an Institute
Check Here: Documents Required For Counseling
CAT Eligibility Criteria
Common Admission Test Eligibility Criteria is listed here along with CAT Selection Procedure for your convenience. Here are some points to be included in IIM Eligibility.
- Students should have Bachelor’s Degree or its equivalent qualification with at least 50% marks or its equivalent CGPA from recognized University/ Institutions by the Ministry of HRD, Government of India.
- Aspirants belonging to Scheduled Caste (SC), Scheduled Tribe (ST) and Persons with Disability (PWD) category must have minimum 45% marks.
- Those appearing for Graduation (final year) and if their result are awaited are also eligible.
Check Here: CAT Eligibility Criteria
As per the legal requirements, 15% of the seats are reserved for Scheduled Caste (SC) and 7.5% for Scheduled Tribe (ST) candidates. 27% of seats are reserved for Other Backward Classes candidates belonging to the “non-creamy” layer (NC-OBC).
Note for SC, ST, NC-OBC, and PWD Candidates:
Contenders belonging to SC or ST categories are required to list caste / tribe certificate in the Government of India schedule. Caste certificate submitted to IIM should be in the Government approved format and should clearly state following things.
- Name of your caste/tribe
- Whether you belong to Scheduled Caste or Scheduled Tribe
- District and the State or Union Territory of your ordinary residence
- Appropriate Government of India schedule under which your caste/tribe is approved by it as Scheduled Caste or Scheduled Tribe.
CAT Selection Criteriaat Non-IIM B-schools – Important points
- As per CAT Selection Procedure, Non-IIM B-schools organize separate process and there is no system for the common process.
- CAT Exam Selection Procedure consists of either Group Discussion (GD) or Writing Ability Test (WAT) and Personal Interview.
Do You Know: How To Crack CAT Exam
CAT Selection Process 2018 at IIMs
- According to CAT Selection Criteria, applicants will be shortlisted on the basis of CAT 2018 Score Card. Each IIM has different CAT cutoff for the shortlisting.
- On the basis of CAT cutoff, shortlisted contenders appear for further CAT Selection Procedure that is WAT and PI rounds.
CAT 2018 Important Dates:
|Online registration/online application form begins from||08-08-2018|
|Deadline To Submit CAT Online Application Form||19-09-2018|
|CAT Admit Card Will Be Available from||24-10-2018|
|CAT Exam date||25-11-2018|
|CAT Result Declaration||2nd Week of January 2019|
|Further CAT Selection Process Will Begins From||4th Week of January 2019|
You Can Also Check, List Of: CAT Colleges In India
To grab more facts about CAT Selection Procedure 2018 of IIM’s, you are advised to visit its Official Link. Stay connected with us to know more about Selection Procedure Of CAT / CAT Selection Criteria. Thank you for visiting us.
Something That You Should Put An Eye On
|CAT Mock Test||CAT Question Papers 2018|
|CAT Admit Card||CAT Vouchers|
|CAT Answer Key||CAT Syllabus|
|CAT Registration||CAT Exam Pattern|
|CAT Coaching Institutes||CAT Sample Papers|