CDS Eligibility Criteria
UPSC is going to conduct CDS Examination for candidates willing to join Indian Armed Forces. If you are also interested to apply for CDS exam, firstly need to know CDS Eligibility Criteria. The authorities of Union Public Service Commission conduct the CDS Exam twice a year as CDS 1 & 2. The UPSC CDS Eligibility Criteria 2018 for both the exams is same. Here on this page we are providing all the details regarding the CDS Eligibility Criteria 2018 like the Age Limit, Qualification etc. hence to avail all the details about the Combined Defense Services Eligibility criteria, take a look below…
Those candidates who qualify the Combined Defense Services Exam becomes eligible to get admission in the Indian Naval Academy, Indian Military Academy, Air Force Academy and Officers Training Academy. There are some other rules also like only male contenders are eligible to apply for the IMA, AFA, NA and OTA whereas Female can only apply for OTA. Rest of the information regarding the CDS Eligibility Criteria 2018 is available in below section of this page which is well created by the team members of recruitmentresult.com
Some points to know about CDS Exam:
- Both CDS-I and CDS-II are same exams conducted by UPSC twice a year
- CDS -I gets organized in February and CDS –II gets organized in October of every year.
- Aspirant can take any of these exams according to their choice
CDS Eligibility Criteria
The eligibility requirements for CDS include:
- Age limitations
- Physical Standards
Let’s start with the eligibility criteria first:
Nationality for CDS Exam:
An applier must be a
- Citizen of India, OR
- Subject of Nepal, OR
- Subject of Bhutan, OR
- Refugee from Tibet who came to India before 1st July 1962 for permanent settlement in India
- Person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka and East African Countries of Kenya, Uganda, The United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire and Ethiopia or Vietnam with intention of permanently settling in India.
You Can Also Check: UPSC CDS 1 Notification
CDS Qualification Details:
- For Indian Military Academy/Officers’ Training Academy:
To get selection in the Indian Military Academy/Officers’ Training Academy it is must for candidates to attain Graduation Degree from a recognized institution.
- For Indian Naval Academy:
Indian Navy requires those candidates who have attained Bachelor degree in Engineering in relevant branch along with good academic scores
- For Air Force Academy:
Those, who possess Degree of a recognized University with Physics and Mathematics at 10+2 level or Bachelor of Engineering, are eligible to apply for admission in Air Force Academy.
Must Check Out: UPSC CDS 2 Notification
CDS Marital Status:
|Indian Military Academy (IMA)||Unmarried|
|Indian Naval Academy (NA)||Unmarried|
|Air Force Academy (AFA)||Unmarried|
|Officers Training Academy (OTA – Men)||Unmarried and Married|
|Officers Training Academy (OTA – Women, Non-Technical)||Unmarried / Widow/ not remarried / issueless divorces|
CDS Age Limits:
|For Indian Military Academy (IMA)||Aspirants, who are interested, should not born earlier than 02nd July 1994 and not later than 01st July 1999.|
|For Indian Naval Academy (INA)||Male candidates born not earlier than 02nd July 1994 and not later than 01st July 1999 are eligible to apply for admission in Indian Naval Academy.|
|For Air Force Academy (AFA)|
|For Officers Training Academy (SSC Course for Men)||Male candidates should not born earlier than 02nd July 1993 and later than 01st July 1999.|
|For Officer Training Academy (SSC Women Non-Technical Course)||Only those are eligible, who have not born earlier than 02nd July 1993 and later than 01st July 1999|
Check Here: UPSC CDS Officer Salary
CDS Physical Standard:
Height and Weight (For Navy)
|Height in Centimeters|
|Weight in Kgs.|
|18 years||20 years||22 years|
Do You Know: How To Prepare For CDS Exam
|Height in cms|
|Weight in Kgs.|
|20 years||25 years||30 years|
- The acceptable weight for Air Force candidates will be ą 10% of the average weight given below:
- Male Ideal Weights In Kg For Different Age Groups And Heights For Fat % (<20) Of Normal Individuals
Check Here: CDS Exam Question Paper
FOR AIR FORCE
|Height in MM||Age Range|
- Candidates are required to have good physical structure, mental health and must not have any disease/ disability.
- Appliers should not have weak constitution, bodily defects or over weight.
- Height of male candidates should not be below 157.5 cm. for Army, 157 cm for Navy and 162.5 cms for Air Force.
- Women candidates should not be below 152 cm.
- Relaxation in height of 5 cm is available for Gorkhas and candidates belonging to hills of North-Eastern region of India, Garhwali and Kumaon and for Lakshadweep candidates, relaxation is 2cms.
- Candidate should have natural teeth with 14 dental points. Candidate who is suffering from severe pyorrhea shall get rejected.
- Hearing of the applicants should be normal
- Forced whisper at a distance of 610 cms in a quiet room will be clear to the candidates.
- Applicants have not disease in ear, nose and throat in past or present.
- Candidate should be physically and mentally fit.
Check Out: UPSC Eligibility Criteria
You may check this page that is created by the team of recruitmentresult.com to get latest information time to time. If there would be any update in the CDS Eligibility Criteria 2018 – 2018, we will provide it on this page. You may join us on Facebook and Google Plus to get latest information on your timeline. If you have any query regarding information available here, please ask in the comment box that is given below. We will provide answer to your query shortly.
Something That You Should Put An Eye On
|CDS Coaching Centres In India||CDS Preparation Material|
|Combined Defence Services Answer Key||UPSC CDS Admit Card|
|UPSC CDS 1 Result||UPSC CDS 2 Exam Result|
|CDS Exam Centers||CDS Exam Syllabus|
|CDS Exam Pattern||UPSC Notification|