CDS Eligibility Criteria
Union public service commission has released the UPSC CDS II exam date that is to be held on 08-11-2020. Candidates fulfilling CDS Eligibility Criteria 2020 can appear in the exam. Those who will qualify the exam will be eligible for vacancies in Combined Defence Services- IMA/INA/AFA/OTA. Scroll down the page to view UPSC CDS II eligibility criteria including age/education details below-
|Name of Organization||Union Public Service Commission|
|Name of Exam||Combined Defence Services (CDS II)|
|Exam Type||National Level Test|
|UPSC CDS II Notification Release||Released|
|UPSC CDS 2 Registration Begins||started|
|UPSC CDS 2 Exam details||Given below|
|CDS 2 Admit Card Release||3 weeks before the exam|
|CDS 2 Exam Date||08-11-2020|
|CDS 2nd Result Date||December 2020|
|CDS Helpline Numbers||011-23098543, 23385271, 23381125|
CDS Eligibility Criteria
Candidates those will not fulfill physical and medical Eligibility Conditions for Combined Defence Services Exam should not apply. Candidates can check Combined Defence Services Eligibility Criteria before filling the CDS Application Form. Male or Female candidates, applying for CDS Exam should ensure that they fulfill all the CDS Eligibility 2020 conditions for admission to Examination.
The CDS Eligibility 2020 requirements are as follows:
- CDS Age Eligibility
- Physical Standards
- Visual Standards
- Medical Standards
CDS Exam Nationality:
An applier must be a
- Citizen of India, OR
- Subject of Nepal, OR
- Subject of Bhutan, OR
- Refugee from Tibet who came to India before 1st July 1962 for permanent settlement in India
- Person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka and East African Countries of Kenya, Uganda, The United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire and Ethiopia or Vietnam with intention of permanently settling in India.
You Can Also Check: UPSC CDS 1 Notification
CDS Qualification Details:
- For Indian Military Academy/Officers’ Training Academy :
CDS Qualification: To get selection in the Indian Military Academy/Officers’ Training Academy it is must for candidates to attain Graduation Degree from a recognized institution.
- For Indian Naval Academy:
UPSC CDS Qualification: Indian Navy requires those candidates who have attained Bachelor degree in Engineering in relevant branch along with good academic scores
- For Air Force Academy:
CDS Exam Eligibility Criteria: Those, who possess Degree of a recognized University with Physics and Mathematics at 10+2 level or Bachelor of Engineering, are eligible to apply for admission in Air Force Academy as per CDS Eligibility Criteria.
Must Check Out: UPSC CDS 2 Notification
CDS Marital Status:
|Indian Military Academy (IMA)||Unmarried|
|Indian Naval Academy (NA)||Unmarried|
|Air Force Academy (AFA)||Unmarried|
|Officers Training Academy (OTA – Men)||Unmarried and Married|
|Officers Training Academy (OTA – Women, Non-Technical)||Unmarried / Widow/ not remarried / issueless divorces|
UPSC CDS Age Range (Limit):
|Academy||CDS Age Limit|
|Indian Military Academy (IMA)||19-24 years|
|Indian Naval Academy (INA)||19-24 years|
|Air Force Academy (AFA)||20-24 years|
|Officer’s Training Academy(OTA Women-Non Tech)||19-25 years|
|Officer’s Training Academy (OTA Men)||19-25 years|
UPSC CDS Age Limit Details:
|For Indian Military Academy (IMA)||CDS Age Limit: Aspirants, who are interested, should not born earlier than 02nd July 1994 and not later than 01st July 1999.|
|For Indian Naval Academy (INA)||As per CDS Eligibility Criteria: Male candidates born not earlier than 02nd July 1994 and not later than 01st July 1999 are eligible to apply for admission in Indian Naval Academy.|
|For Air Force Academy (AFA)|
|For Officers Training Academy (SSC Course for Men)||As per CDS Eligibility Criteria: Male candidates should not born earlier than 02nd July 1993 and later than 01st July 1999.|
|For Officer Training Academy (SSC Women Non-Technical Course)||Only those are eligible, who have not born earlier than 02nd July 1993 and later than 01st July 1999|
Check Here: UPSC CDS Officer Salary
CDS Physical Standard:
CDS Height and Weight (For Navy)
|Height in Centimeters|
|Weight in Kgs.|
|18 years||20 years||22 years|
Do You Know: How To Prepare For CDS Exam
CDS Physical Standard for Female:
|Height in cms|
|Weight in Kgs.|
|20 years||25 years||30 years|
- The acceptable weight for Air Force candidates will be ą 10% of the average weight given below:
- Male Ideal Weights In Kg For Different Age Groups And Heights For Fat % (<20) Of Normal Individuals
Check Here: CDS Exam Question Paper
CDS Physical Standard for Air Force:
|Height in MM||Age Range|
- Candidates are required to have good physical structure, mental health and must not have any disease/ disability as per UPSC CDS Eligibility Criteria.
- Appliers should not have weak constitution, bodily defects or over weight.
- Height of male candidates should not be below 157.5 cm. for Army, 157 cm for Navy and 162.5 cms for Air Force as per As per CDS Eligibility Criteria.
- Women candidates should not be below 152 cm.
- Relaxation in height of 5 cm is available for Gorkhas and candidates belonging to hills of North-Eastern region of India, Garhwali and Kumaon and for Lakshadweep candidates, relaxation is 2cms.
- Candidate should have natural teeth with 14 dental points. Candidate who is suffering from severe pyorrhea shall get rejected.
- Hearing of the applicants should be normal
- Forced whisper at a distance of 610 cms in a quiet room will be clear to the candidates.
- Applicants have not disease in ear, nose and throat in past or present.
- As per CDS Eligibility Criteria: Candidate should be physically and mentally fit.
Check Out: UPSC Eligibility Criteria
Visual Standards for Air Force:
|Vision (corrected) better eye 6/6 |
and worse eye 6/12
|Vision (corrected) better eye 6/6,|
worse eye 6/12
|Myopia of not more than minus 3.5 D||Myopia of not more than minus 5.5 D|
|Manifest hypermetropia of not more than plus 3.5 D including Astigmatism||Manifest hypermetropia of not more than plus 3.5 D including Astigmatism.|
Visual Standards for Navy:
- Uncorrected without glass – 6/12
- Corrected with glass – 6/6
- Limits of Myopia – 1.5
- Limits of Hypermetropia +1.5
CDS Medical Standards:
As per As per CDS Eligibility Criteria: Applicants must be physically fit according to physical standards for admission to Combined Defence Services Examination (II), 2020. Applicants must be in good physical and mental health and free from any disease/disability.
You may check this page that is created by the team of recruitmentresult.com to get latest information time to time. If there would be any update at Official Website about CDS Eligibility Criteria 2020, we will provide it on this page.
CDS Eligibility Criteria for Male and CDS Eligibility Criteria for Female are given here. If you have any query regarding CDS 2 Eligibility Criteria, please ask in the comment box that is given below. We will provide answer to your query shortly regarding about CDS 1 Eligibility Criteria or CDS 2 Eligibility Criteria .
Something That You Should Put An Eye On
|UPSC Notification||CDS Study Material|
|CDS Answer Key||UPSC CDS Admit Card|
|UPSC CDS 1 Result||UPSC CDS 2 Exam Result|
|CDS Exam Centers||CDS Exam Syllabus|