CDS Eligibility Criteria
Contenders applying for CDS Examination should ensure that they fulfill all the CDS Eligibility Criteria for admission to examination. CDS 2018 Eligibility Criteria are the set of norms in terms of age limit, nationality and educational qualification.
Applicants who are going to apply for CDS 2018 Exam first check the UPSC CDS Eligibility Criteria 2018-19 from here. Failing to meet any of conditions under UPSC CDS Eligibility Criteria will disqualify the contenders at any stage of admission rounds.
CDS II 2018 Important Dates!!!
CDS 2018 Online Registration has been started. Willing candidates can apply for CDS 2 Exam on or before the last date that is 03-09-2018. The CDS 2 Exam will be conducted on 18-11-2018.
Rest of the information regarding the UPSC CDS 2018 Eligibility Criteria such as age limit, qualification for CDS 1/2 etc is available in below section of this page which is well created by the team members of recruitmentresult.com
CDS Eligibility Criteria
The CDS Eligibility 2018 requirements are as follows:
- CDS Age Eligibility
- Physical Standards
Let’s start with the Eligibility Criteria of CDS first:
Nationality for CDS Exam:
An applier must be a
- Citizen of India, OR
- Subject of Nepal, OR
- Subject of Bhutan, OR
- Refugee from Tibet who came to India before 1st July 1962 for permanent settlement in India
- Person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka and East African Countries of Kenya, Uganda, The United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire and Ethiopia or Vietnam with intention of permanently settling in India.
You Can Also Check: UPSC CDS 1 Notification
CDS Qualification Details:
- For Indian Military Academy/Officers’ Training Academy :
CDS Qualification: To get selection in the Indian Military Academy/Officers’ Training Academy it is must for candidates to attain Graduation Degree from a recognized institution.
- For Indian Naval Academy:
UPSC CDS Qualification: Indian Navy requires those candidates who have attained Bachelor degree in Engineering in relevant branch along with good academic scores
- For Air Force Academy:
Those, who possess Degree of a recognized University with Physics and Mathematics at 10+2 level or Bachelor of Engineering, are eligible to apply for admission in Air Force Academy as per CDS Eligibility Criteria.
Must Check Out: UPSC CDS 2 Notification
CDS Marital Status:
|Indian Military Academy (IMA)||Unmarried|
|Indian Naval Academy (NA)||Unmarried|
|Air Force Academy (AFA)||Unmarried|
|Officers Training Academy (OTA – Men)||Unmarried and Married|
|Officers Training Academy (OTA – Women, Non-Technical)||Unmarried / Widow/ not remarried / issueless divorces|
CDS Age Limit:
|For Indian Military Academy (IMA)||CDS Age Limit: Aspirants, who are interested, should not born earlier than 02nd July 1994 and not later than 01st July 1999.|
|For Indian Naval Academy (INA)||As per CDS Eligibility Criteria: Male candidates born not earlier than 02nd July 1994 and not later than 01st July 1999 are eligible to apply for admission in Indian Naval Academy.|
|For Air Force Academy (AFA)|
|For Officers Training Academy (SSC Course for Men)||As per CDS Eligibility Criteria: Male candidates should not born earlier than 02nd July 1993 and later than 01st July 1999.|
|For Officer Training Academy (SSC Women Non-Technical Course)||Only those are eligible, who have not born earlier than 02nd July 1993 and later than 01st July 1999|
Check Here: UPSC CDS Officer Salary
CDS Physical Standard:
CDS Height and Weight (For Navy)
|Height in Centimeters|
|Weight in Kgs.|
|18 years||20 years||22 years|
Do You Know: How To Prepare For CDS Exam
CDS Physical Standard for Female:
|Height in cms|
|Weight in Kgs.|
|20 years||25 years||30 years|
- The acceptable weight for Air Force candidates will be ą 10% of the average weight given below:
- Male Ideal Weights In Kg For Different Age Groups And Heights For Fat % (<20) Of Normal Individuals
Check Here: CDS Exam Question Paper
CDS Physical Standard for Air Force:
|Height in MM||Age Range|
- Candidates are required to have good physical structure, mental health and must not have any disease/ disability.
- Appliers should not have weak constitution, bodily defects or over weight.
- Height of male candidates should not be below 157.5 cm. for Army, 157 cm for Navy and 162.5 cms for Air Force as per As per CDS Eligibility Criteria.
- Women candidates should not be below 152 cm.
- Relaxation in height of 5 cm is available for Gorkhas and candidates belonging to hills of North-Eastern region of India, Garhwali and Kumaon and for Lakshadweep candidates, relaxation is 2cms.
- Candidate should have natural teeth with 14 dental points. Candidate who is suffering from severe pyorrhea shall get rejected.
- Hearing of the applicants should be normal
- Forced whisper at a distance of 610 cms in a quiet room will be clear to the candidates.
- Applicants have not disease in ear, nose and throat in past or present.
- As per CDS Eligibility Criteria: Candidate should be physically and mentally fit.
Check Out: UPSC Eligibility Criteria
CDS Medical Standards:
As per As per CDS Eligibility Criteria: Applicants must be physically fit according to physical standards for admission to Combined Defence Services Examination (II), 2018. Applicants must be in good physical and mental health and free from any disease/disability.
You may check this page that is created by the team of recruitmentresult.com to get latest information time to time. If there would be any update in the CDS Eligibility Criteria 2018 –19, we will provide it on this page.
You may join us on Facebook and Google Plus to get latest information on your timeline regarding CDS 1 Eligibility Criteria. If you have any query regarding CDS 2 Eligibility Criteria, please ask in the comment box that is given below. We will provide answer to your query shortly regarding As per CDS Eligibility Criteria.
Something That You Should Put An Eye On
|CDS Coaching Centres In India||CDS Preparation Material|
|Combined Defence Services Answer Key||UPSC CDS Admit Card|
|UPSC CDS 1 Result||UPSC CDS 2 Exam Result|
|CDS Exam Centers||CDS Exam Syllabus|
|CDS Exam Pattern||UPSC Notification|