CDS Eligibility Criteria
Must check changes in CDS Eligibility Criteria, before participating in the UPSC CDS 1 & 2 Exam 2017!!! Know the current Age Limit, Qualification and Physical Standard for Combined Defense Services Exam. Candidates, who will match with CDS Eligibility Criteria 2017, can fill the Application Form only. Both Male and Female candidates can participate for CDS Exam. Know the Combined Defense Services Eligibility by going through this page.
This Page Includes:
Through Combined Defense Services Exam, admission will be provided to the candidates in Indian Naval Academy, Indian Military Academy, Air Force Academy and Officers Training Academy. Male can apply for IMA, AFA, NA and OTA while Female can only apply for OTA. You may go through this page that is created by the team of recruitmentresult.com to get complete information about CDS Eligibility Criteria 2017 – 2018.
CDS Eligibility Criteria
Nationality for CDS Exam:
An applier must be a
- Citizen of India, OR
- Subject of Nepal, OR
- Subject of Bhutan, OR
- Refugee from Tibet who came to India before 1st July 1962 for permanent settlement in India
- Person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka and East African Countries of Kenya, Uganda, The United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire and Ethiopia or Vietnam with intention of permanently settling in India.
CDS Qualification Details:
- For Indian Military Academy/Officers’ Training Academy:
Candidates must possess Degree from a recognized university or equivalent qualification for selection in Indian Military Academy/Officers’ Training Academy.
- For Indian Naval Academy:
Aspirants need to have a Degree in relevant branch of engineering from a recognized university or equivalent with good academic records.
- For Air Force Academy:
Those, who possess Degree of a recognized University with Physics and Mathematics at 10+2 level or Bachelor of Engineering, are eligible to apply for admission in Air Force Academy.
Must Check Out: UPSC CDS 2 Notification
CDS Marital Status:
|Indian Military Academy (IMA)||Unmarried|
|Indian Naval Academy (NA)||Unmarried|
|Air Force Academy (AFA)||Unmarried|
|Officers Training Academy (OTA – Men)||Unmarried and Married|
|Officers Training Academy (OTA – Women, Non-Technical)||Unmarried / Widow/ not remarried / issueless divorces|
CDS Age Limits:
For Indian Military Academy (IMA):
Aspirants, who are interested, should not born earlier than 02nd July 1994 and not later than 01st July 1999.
For Indian Naval Academy (INA):
Male candidates born not earlier than 02nd July 1994 and not later than 01st July 1999 are eligible to apply for admission in Indian Naval Academy.
For Air Force Academy (AFA):
- Age of appliers should not be below 20 years and exceed from 24 years as on 01st July 2018 i.e. born not earlier than 02nd July 1998 and not later than 01st July 1998
- For candidates holding valid and current Commercial Pilot Licence issued by DGCA (India) may get relaxation in upper age limit upto 26 yrs. i.e. born not earlier than 02nd July 1992 and not later than 01st July 1998).
- Those, who are below 25 years, must be unmarried.
For Officers Training Academy (SSC Course for Men):
Male candidates should not born earlier than 02nd July 1993 and later than 01st July 1999.
For Officer Training Academy (SSC Women Non-Technical Course):
Only those are eligible, who have not born earlier than 02nd July 1993 and later than 01st July 1999.
Check Here: UPSC CDS Officer Salary
CDS Physical Standard:
- Candidates are required to have good physical structure, mental health and must not have any disease/ disability.
- Appliers should not have weak constitution, bodily defects or over weight.
- Height of male candidates should not be below 157.5 cm. for Army, 157 cm for Navy and 162.5 cms for Air Force.
- Women candidates should not be below 152 cm.
- Relaxation in height of 5 cm is available for Gorkhas and candidates belonging to hills of North-Eastern region of India, Garhwali and Kumaon and for Lakshadweep candidates, relaxation is 2cms.
Check Out: UPSC Eligibility Criteria
You may check this page that is created by the team of recruitmentresult.com to get latest information time to time. If there would be any update in the CDS Eligibility Criteria 2017 – 2018, we will provide it on this page. You may join us on Facebook and Google Plus to get latest information on your timeline. If you have any query regarding information available here, please ask in the comment box that is given below. We will provide answer to your query shortly.
Something That You Should Put An Eye On
|CDS Coaching Centres In India||CDS Preparation Material|
|Combined Defence Services Answer Key||UPSC CDS Admit Card|
|UPSC CDS 1 Result||UPSC CDS 2 Exam Result|
|CDS Exam Question Papers||CDS Exam Syllabus|
|How To Prepare For CDS Exam||UPSC Notification|