CDS Exam Pattern
Are you going to appear for UPSC Combined Defence Services Exam? If yes, then must check CDS Exam Pattern from this page. Union Public Service Commission is going to conduct recruitment exams for the engagement of capable & qualified candidates in order to fill civil services & other departments under central government of India. Candidates who will appear in the exam and looking for the CDS Exam Pattern 2018 can get UPSC Combined Defence Services Paper Pattern now which is available on this page.
Highlights of this page:
Candidates can check the whole CDS Paper Pattern 2018 by scrolling down this page or by downloading from the official website via online mode and start their preparation. We, the team of recruitmentresult.com have placed the entire acknowledgement regarding details of CDS Exam Pattern 2017–2018 on this page below. Please have a look and score good marks in the test.
CDS Exam Pattern
Information related to the Combined Defence Services (CDS) Exam Pattern:
UPSC CDS will be conducted in 2 rounds which include written examination and Interview for intelligence and personality test. Those candidates who will qualify Stage I then will be called for Stage II. Other details regarding UPSC CDS Exam Pattern are as follows:
For Admission to Indian Military Academy, Indian Naval Academy and Air Force Academy:
For Admission to Officers’ Training Academy:
|English||2 hours||100 marks|
Check Here: CDS Coaching Centres In India
UPSC CDS Paper Pattern:
- Each paper consists of multiple choice questions.
- General Knowledge and Elementary Mathematics question paper are bilingual that is both in Hindi and English.
- No candidate is allowed in any circumstance to take help from scribe.
- Maximum marks allotted to written examination and interview is 300, 300 and 200.
- Some important instructions:
- Candidates are not allowed to take calculator inside the examination hall.
- Candidate should write answer in black ball pen
- Any omission/mistakes/discrepancy in encoding/filling of details in the OMR answer sheet will take your answer sheet in rejection list.
- Do not fold or break or damage or put any irrelevant mark on the Answer Sheet
- Candidate must know that he/she should not write answers in Objective Type Papers.
- Candidate after filling personal details on answer sheet must verify it
- Any unfair means is prohibited in examination hall
- Any types of electronic gadgets are also not allowed in examination hall.
Get Best Answer: How To Prepare For CDS Exam
UPSC CDS Marking Scheme:
- There will be negative marking scheme.
- If a candidate gives any wrong answer then he/she will get deduction of 0.33 marks from total marks.
- If any candidate gives more than one answer then also 0.33 marks will be deducted from his/her total marks.
- If any candidate left blank in any question then no penalty will be imposed on him/her.
Intelligence and Personality Test:
The Interviewing Officer (IO), Group Testing Officer (GTO) and the Psychologist will check the personality of applying candidates. Total marks will only be allotted after taking into consideration the overall performance of the aspirant. There are no separate weightage for any test. The commission organizes this test to check the ability and qualities of the candidates. Conference and Psychology Test and take 4 days to complete these test. Lastly who performs will is selected by the unbiased observers.
Also Check: CDS Preparation Material
Union Public Service Commission will conduct two Stages i.e. Stage I and Stage II. Whole information regarding are given here as follows:
(a) Stage I: This stage includes Officer Intelligence Rating (OIR) tests are Picture Perception* Description Test (PP&DT). The candidates will be shortlisted based on combination of performance in OIR Test and PP&DT.
(b) Stage II: This stage includes Interview, Group Testing Officer Tasks, Psychology Tests and the Conference of those candidates who qualify Stage I.
Duration for these tests will be of four days.
Get Detailed: CDS Exam Syllabus
UPSC CDS Recommended Books
|Name of Books||Author name|
|Objective General Knowledge & Current Affairs (Level 2)||Disha Experts|
|CDS Chapter wise – Section wise Solved Papers 1st Edition||Arihant Experts|
|Chapterwise-Sectionwise Solved Paper of CDS||Experts Compilation|
|General Mental Ability Logical Reasoning & Analytical Ability MCQs 1000+Q||Portal Publications|
|Math’s 30 Days Wonder||K.J.S. Khurana|
|Kit for CDS Exam||R.S. Bajwa|
|Pathfinder CDS Examination||Arihant|
|Data Interpretation & Data Sufficiency MCQs 800+Q||Editorial Board|
|Mathematics for C. D. S. Entrance Examination||R.S. Aggarwal|
|Pathfinder CDS Examination||Arihant|
|CDS Exam Guide: Combined Defence Services Exam||Datason RP|
|CDS Combined Defence Services Examination Practice Papers||Sachichida Nand Jha|
|10 Practice Sets CDS Examination||Experts Compilation|
|CDS Combined Defence Services Examination Practice Papers||Yadav|
|Pathfinder CDS||Sanjeev jain|
|CDS Examination: Solved And Practice Papers 1st Edition||Jha S.N.|
|Bhartiya Itihas||Sachchida Nand Jha|
|Bhugol Avum Paryavaran||Sachchida Nand Jha|
|CDS 10 Years Topic-wise Solved Papers||Disha Experts|
|Combined Defence Services||P. Singh|
|Bhartiya Rajvyavastha||Sachchida Nand Jha|
|Cds English Medium||Ram Singh Yadav, Yajvender Yadav|
Written examination date: 04/02/2018
Candidates may get detailed information regarding CDS Exam Pattern 2018 by going through this Official Website.
Something That You Should Put An Eye On
|UPSC CDS 2 Notification||UPSC CDS 2 Exam Result|
|Combined Defence Services Answer Key||UPSC CDS Admit Card|
|CDS Exam Question Papers||CDS 2 Cut Off|
|UPSC CDS 1 Result||CDS Eligibility Criteria|