Central Sector Scholarship
Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India provides Central Sector Scholarship to meritorious students who have recently passed class 12th from CBSE, ICSE or any other recognized board.
CSS Scholarship or CSSS Scheme is offered for college or university to those students who belong to poor family and have not enough money to continue their further education. MHRD CSS Scholarship was introduced in the 11th five-year plan.
Candidates who want to grab this opportunity, they must apply for Central Sector Scholarship 2018 through online mode till the last date mentioned below. Aspirants must match all the eligibility criteria from the page of recruitmentresult.com
Central Sector Scholarship
CSS Scholarship Distribution:
The Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India is providing 82000 CSSS Scheme to the talented students out of which 41000 is for girls whereas 41000 for boys. Aspirants will get the eligibility to get scholarship on the basis of their marks in 12th class. No test would be conducted for giving the scholarship.
Central Sector Scholarship Eligibility Criteria:
- Applicants should be an Indian citizen belonging to non-creamy layer.
- Applicants must have completed class 12 examination (Senior Secondary Certificate Examination 2017) conducted by CBSE, ISC or any of the state boards of India.
- Aspirants must have take admission in an undergraduate regular course in any recognized Indian university/institution.
- The total annual income of candidate’s parents must not exceed Rs. 6 lakhs per annum.
- Applicant should not belong to creamy layer and must not be availing any other scholarship.
- Applying applicants should be pursuing a regular course and not through correspondence or distance learning.
Know about: Scholarship Exams for Higher Studies
Minimum Marks Requirement in class 12th for CSSS Scholarship Scheme 2018-2019 is as follows:
Students who want to avail of MHRD CSS Scholarship, they must score minimum marks below given. Otherwise, students will not able to get CSS Scholarship 2018.
|Sr. No.||Name of Stream||Minimum Marks Required|
|3||Others (e.g. Arts)||315|
CSSS Scholarship 2018 Rate:
- The scholarship will be given at graduation level Rs.1000/- per month to the eligible students.
- The rate would be at post graduation level is Rs.2000/- per month for next two years.
- The scholarship would be paid to candidates for 10 months in an academic year.
The Central Sector scholarship rate would be:
|Courses||Amount to be disbursed||Duration|
|Graduation level||Rs. 1000/- per month|
for three years (To be
disbursed lump sum
Amount of Rs.10, 000/-
at the end of academic year.)
|Post Graduation level (Other|
than that of the professional
| Rs 2000/- per month|
for two years after Graduation
(To be disbursed lump sum
Amount of Rs.20,000/-
at the end of academic year
Mode of disbursal of Central Sector Scholarship:
- Students will get amount of Central Sector Scholarship in their bank account through Electronic Clearing System (ECS) mode.
- Aspirants have to open their bank account in any nationalized bank/commercial bank having ECS facility to receive the amount of scholarship.
- Candidates should provide their correct bank account no., bank name, bank detailed address and the correct RTGS/NEFT branch code (11 digits alphanumeric code) of the bank.
CSS Scholarship Renewal Form 2018-19:
- To renew their scholarship aspirants are needed to fill online renewal form. The scholarship will be renewed only when the applicants has passed in 2-semester examination or annual examinations with a minimum aggregate of 60% marks in all the subjects.
- Contenders should also achieve the target of 75% attendance even as avoiding punishable activities because if in any case scholarship is cancelled, it will not be renewed.
Must Know Here: How to Get Scholarship
Central Sector Scholarship Selection Process:
- Within 5 weeks of the results of class 12th announcement, all the State boards, CBSE and ICSE have prepared merit list of willing applicants for scholarship on the basis of the marks secured by the applicants in their respective board examinations.
- The concerned officials have written the eligible students within 15 days to confirm whether they are willing to accept scholarship or not.
- Only CSSS Scholarships will be considered for scholarship within 30 days. Shortlisted candidates will get the following documents:
1) Entitlement Card
2) Income Affidavit Form
3) A form for ‘Statement of Particulars’
- After receiving the documents, the concerned board will collect the list of winners of scholarship award on merit basis, eligibility criteria and other guidelines.
- The list ready will be sent to the National Scholarship Department, Ministry of Human Resource Development.
Know Here: How to Prepare For Scholarship Exam
How to Apply for CBSE CSSS Scheme 2018?
Step 1: First of all applicants need to visit the official site of CBSE, which is cbseacademic.in.
Step 2: On the home page of the site you need to appropriate link.
Step 3: Now MHRD CSS Scholarship notification will be shown on your screen, you have to read the complete notification carefully
Step 4: After that you have to hit on the “Apply Online” link and Fill the online application form correctly and upload documents if required.
Step 5: Take hard copy of the Central Sector Scholarship Application Form.
Step 6: Print out of the CSSS Scholarship application along with all the relevant documents, which are mentioned in the below passage should be submitted at the address given below.
Required Documents Along With Hard Copy Of Online Application:
- Duly signed online generated Application form.
- Joining report Attested by Head of Institution.
- Copy of Mark sheet of Sr. School Certificate Exam. Write online registration no.
on the top of mark sheet.
- Income Tax Returns/Form-16 of both the Parents (of the year ending March ) issued by the employer should be attached along with the affidavit wherever applicable).
- One cancelled cheque of personal/saving account or photocopy of front page of Bank Passbook (which is used for scholarship) bearing Account number and NEFT/RTGS
- Copy of Caste Certificate, if applicable. Write online registration no. on its top.
- Income Affidavit on a non-judicial stamp paper of Rs.10/- in original. Write online registration no. on its top.
- Hard copy of online application must be signed by the candidate
Central Board of Secondary Education- CBSE (Head Office)
“Shiksha Kendra”,2, Community Centre,
Preet Vihar, Delhi – 110 092
Check Out Current: List of Scholarship
CSS Scholarship Disbursements & Beneficiary Year Wise:
Eligible students will get CSS Scholarship 2018-19 on the basis of their results of Senior Secondary Examination. Total number of scholarships has been divided amongst the State Education Boards based on the State’s population in the age group of 18 years to 25 years.
CSS Scholarship Awarded Students List
|Number Of Beneficiaries Under The Central Sector Scheme Of Scholarship For College & University Students|
|State / Board||2011-12|
(Fresh + Renewals)
(Fresh + Renewals)
(Fresh + Renewals)
Important Date for CSSS Scholarship 2018:
|Last date to fill Central Sector Scholarship|
application (Renewal Applicants)
|In the month of August 2018|
|Last date for fill Central Sector|
Scholarship application (Fresh Applicants)
|In the month of October 2018|
Students may get other details regarding Central Sector Scholarship 2018, students may check Official Link. Aspirants need to keep in touch with us for latest updates regarding Lthis scheme .You can also bookmark this page by using CTRL+D, to get latest information regarding the same.
Something That You Should Put an Eye On
|College is Registered OR AICTE Approved?||How to Apply for Scholarship|
|Scholarship Exams For Studying Abroad||How To Get A College Scholarship|
|How to Get a Free College Education||Education Loans for Students|
|Start a New Life In College?||How Do Toppers Study?|