Civil Services Exam Pattern
To prepare well for UPSC CSE Exam, refer latest UPSC Civil Services Exam Pattern from here. By going through UPSC Civil Services Prelims, Mains Examination Pattern, you will know structure of paper.
UPSC Civil Services Mains Exam will be held from 28.09.2018 to 30.09.2018 and 06.10.2018 to 07.10.2018. In order to plan your studies for mains exam, get UPSC Civil Services Exam Pattern 2018-19 from here.
UPSC Civil Services Latest Exam Pattern:
In Civil Services Mains Exam, questions will be from English, General Studies, Two papers on subjects to be selected from the list of optional subjects. Go through detailed Civil Services Exam Pattern from below of page.
To gain more stuff about Civil Services Exam Pattern In Hindi& others, take a look of below page prepared by team members of recruitmentresult.com. Those who qualify Mains Exam will be invited for Interview session.
UPSC Civil Services Main Exam Dates:
|Forenoon Session 9.00 A.M. to 12.00 Noon||Afternoon Session 2.00 P.M. to 5.00 P.M.||Exam Date|
|Paper-I Essay||No Paper||28.09.2018|
|Paper-II General Studies-I||Paper-III General Studies-II||29.09.2018|
|Paper-IV General Studies-III||Paper-V General Studies-IV||30.09.2018|
|Paper-A Indian Language||Paper-B English||06.10.2018|
|Paper-VI Optional Paper-I||Paper-VII Optional Paper-II||07.10.2018|
Civil Services Exam Pattern
Civil Services Exam is conducted in three stages:
- Preliminary Exam
- Main Exam
- Personal Interview
UPSC Civil Services preliminary Exam Pattern
UPSC Civil Services Prelims Paper Pattern:
|UPSC Prelims Exam||Duration||Questions||Marks|
|Paper I – General Studies (Qualifying paper)||2 Hours||100||200|
|Paper II – Aptitude (Qualifying nature)||2 Hours||80||200|
- Type of Questions: According to civil services prelims exam pattern In UPSC civil services preliminary exam, objective type multiple choice questions are asked.
- Division of Marks: UPSC Civil Services Preliminary Exam 2018 is of 400 marks (papers (200 marks for one paper and 200 marks for second paper).
- Marking Scheme: There will be negative marking for any incorrect answer i.e. 33% marks or 0.83 marks for every wrong answer will be deducted for each wrong answer as per Pattern of Civil Services Exam.
- Medium of Exam: The question paper will available in both set Hindi and English.
- Time duration of Civil Services Prelims Paper: Candidates will be allotted two hours for one paper. Blind candidates are allowed extra time of 20 minutes for each paper.
- Eligibility of Next Round:The marks obtained in the Preliminary exam who are declared qualified for admission to Main Exam.
Check Here- How To Develop Powerful Concentration
UPSC Civil Services Mains Exam Pattern 2018
UPSC Civil Services Mains Paper Pattern:
Contenders who qualify UPSC CS Prelims will undergo Main Exam.
- Type of exam: Main exam comprise of two papers one is qualifying in nature and other one is counted for merit as per Exam Pattern of Civil Services.
- Marking Scheme: Paper A & Paper B are of qualifying nature of 600 marks. Total of main exam is 1750.
- Type of Papers: As per latest Civil Services Exam Pattern, Written test comprise of 9 papers of conventional essay type from which two papers are of qualifying nature.
- Qualifying Papers consists of two papers which are An Indian language and English.
- Papers to be counted for merit consists of Essay, General Studies-I, General Studies-II, III, IV and Optional Subject-Paper1 and 2
- Marks obtained for all the compulsory papers (Paper–Ito Paper-VII) will be counted for ranking.
|Paper A||One of the Indian languages to be selected by the candidate (from the languages listed in the Eighth Schedule to the Constitution of India) (Qualifying)||300|
|Paper B||English (Qualifying)||300|
|Paper II||General Studies I (Indian heritage and culture, history and geography of the world and society)||250|
|Paper III||General Studies II (Governance, constitution, polity, social justice and international relations)||250|
|Paper IV||General Studies III (Technology, economic development, bio-diversity, environment, security and disaster management)||250|
|Paper V||General Studies IV(ethics, integrity and aptitude)||250|
|Papers VI, VII||Two papers on subjects to be selected from the list of optional subjects below (250 marks for each paper)||500|
|Sub Total (Written Test)||1750|
|Personality Test (Interview)||275|
Get Here: UPSC Civil Services Exam Pattern PDF
Papers qualifying in nature:
- Paper A – An Indian language selected by the candidates
- Paper B – English
Papers to be counted for merit:
- Essay (Paper I)
- General Studies (Paper II-V)
- Optional Subjects (Paper VI-VII)
Exam Pattern for Paper A & B:
|Paper A: An Indian Language||300 Marks|
|Paper B: English||300 Marks|
Check here- Civil Services Syllabus
List of Optional Subjects for main examination:
|Commerce and Accountancy||Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science|
|History||Political Science and International Relations|
|Zoology||Literature of any|
one of the following
Have A Look On this Useful Section
|Civil Services Exam||UPSC Notification|
|UPSC Entrance Exam||UPSC Calendar|
|Online Test For UPSC||UPSC Syllabus|
|UPSC Eligibility Criteria||UPSC Books|
Those who qualify main examination will undergo Personal Interview. Questions of General interest are asked at time of interview by Board. The main purpose of organizing interview session is to evaluate Intellectual & Mental abilities of aspirants. Preliminary exam marks are not counted for ranking while mains and interview marks are counted for ranking. Be prepared with events happening in India as well as World while appearing for interview session.
Must Read These Articles: Interview Preparation Tips For Getting A Job
Online Test Practice for Civil Services Exam:
General Knowledge Online Test
History Online Quiz
English Language Online Quiz
Aspirants may follow its Official Link to gain more details about Civil Services Exam Pattern 2018. Keep visiting our official web portal to avail more updates regarding civil services exam pattern and syllabus.