Civil Services Exam Pattern
Union Public Service Commission conducts Civil Services Exam every year. Aspirants who are going to participate in Civil Services Exam and searching for Civil Services Exam Pattern here on this page you may get the exam pattern for both Prelims and Main Exam and prepare accordingly. Exam Pattern assists you in understanding each and every topic well and it helps you in preparation of exam.
Civil Services Exam is conducted in three stages are Preliminary, Main & Interview. You may get Civil Services Exam Pattern such as marking scheme and format of question papers from this page or you may also download it from official site through online mode. If you want to get complete details about Civil Services Exam Pattern 2016 so go through below section of page written by team of recruitmentresult.com
Civil Services Exam Pattern
Civil Services Exam is conducted in three stages:
- Preliminary Exam
- Main Exam
- Personal Interview
Preliminary Exam Pattern
|Paper I (Objective Type Paper)||200||2 Hours|
|Papers II (Objective Type Paper)||200||2 Hours|
- Exam Type: The Preliminary exam contains papers of objective type question.
- Total Marks: The Preliminary exam having two papers of 400 marks for both papers (200 marks for one paper and 200 marks for second paper).
- Marking Scheme: There will be negative marking for any incorrect answer.
- Medium of Exam: The question paper will available in both set Hindi and English.
- Time: The duration of exam will be of two hours for one paper. There will be extra time for Disability and Cerebral Palsy candidates.
- Eligibility of Next Round: The marks obtained in the Preliminary exam who are declared qualified for admission to Main Exam.
Check Here- How To Develop Powerful Concentration
Main Exam Pattern
Papers qualifying in nature:
- Paper A – An Indian language selected by the candidates
- Paper B – English
Papers to be counted for merit:
- Essay (Paper I)
- General Studies (Paper II-V)
- Optional Subjects (Paper VI-VII)
Exam Pattern for Paper A & B:
|Paper A: An Indian Language||300 Marks|
|Paper B: English||300 Marks|
Check here- Civil Services Syllabus
Exam Pattern for Paper I to VII:
(Indian Heritage and Culture, History and Geography of the World and Society)
(Governance, Constitution, Polity, Social Justice and International relations)
(Technology, Economic Development, Bio-diversity, Environment, Security and Disaster Management)
(Ethics, Integrity and Aptitude)
Optional Subject-Paper 2
|Sub Total (Written test)||1750|
Read Also:- Tips to Manage Time in Exam
List of Optional Subjects for main examination:
|Commerce and Accountancy||Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science|
|History||Political Science and International Relations|
|Zoology||Literature of any|
one of the following
- Candidates who qualified the Preliminary exam they are required to appear in Main Exam.
- Exam Type: The main exam consists of two papers one is qualifying in nature and other one is counted for merit.
- Marking Scheme: The main exam consists of papers qualifying in nature (600 marks) as well as papers to be counted for merit (1750 marks).
- Type of Papers: The written examination will consist of 9 papers of conventional essay type in the subjects out of which two papers will be of qualifying in nature.
- Qualifying Papers consists of two papers which are An Indian language and English.
- Papers to be counted for merit consists of Essay, General Studies-I, General Studies-II, III, IV and Optional Subject-Paper1 and 2.
- Marks obtained for all the compulsory papers (Paper–Ito Paper-VII) will be counted for ranking.
Have A Look On this Useful Section
|Civil Services Exam||UPSC Notification|
|UPSC Entrance Exam||UPSC Calendar|
|Online Test For UPSC||UPSC Syllabus|
|UPSC Eligibility Criteria||UPSC Books|
|How to Check UPSC Online Application Status||Strategy for UPSC Examination|
- Aspirants who have been shortlisted in main examination will be called for a Personal Interview to be conducted by the organization and Interview plays an important role in selection of candidate.
- The appointed aspirants will be interviewed by a Board which consists of the skilled as well as fair-minded members.
- The aspirants will be asked questions on General interest of Board.
- The multiple question of Interview is not to cross-examine the aspirant, but to evaluate his or her Intellectual & Mental abilities.
- The members of Board is interested to ask the questions concerning to events happening in India as well as World.
- The board members are interested to ask questions which is based on topics of Current Affairs and the Subjects in written Examinations.
- The Score of the Candidate will be based on the Personality test conducted as well as the intellectual Qualities.
Must Read These Articles, To Crack Interview:-
Civil Services Exam Preparation Tips
Some important points are mentioned here to stay focused and crack the civil services examination.
Time management is very important for your study. Students do study according the time period. If there is tough topic and applicant is weak that you should to give more time, and easier ones must be given less time with adequate intervals among each topics or subjects. By proper time management you can easily balance your subjects.
Study from Previous Papers:
Candidates should solve the previous papers and crack the exam easily. Take at least 5 years question papers and solve it that will help you more and more because these are hidden survey questions if you really solve these sample papers u can easily get the good marks in this exams.
Check here- Latest Previous Papers
Revision and Self Analysis:
Revision is a process to purify what you have prepared for exams. So make it your practice to modify daily what you have learnt. Start your amendment early so that you may perform very well in exam. Read your notes for quick revision before exams.
Students can take help from internet for knowing latest events, news, affairs. Online Study is helpful for all students it often helps in solving the problems faced during the examination. Online Study makes simple to learn for any exam and free to give discussions going with your friends/ peers.
Read this- What Makes a Successful Online Student
Always prepare your mind to be positive. Your positive attitude increases your working efficiency and leads to a right direction. Applicants need to very truthful and sincere about your answers while you want to make up your answers so that your top, most capable aspects receive middle phase you don’t want to mislead or absolute lie down.
Never Ignore Current Affairs:
For better preparation of Civil Service Exam many types of magazines is available in the market such as Pratiyogita Darpan. News papers also help for good general awareness and knowledge. If you will read current affairs daily so you have 90% chances to crack Civil Service Exam.
Check this- Pratiyogita Darpan Online
Online Test Practice for Civil Services Exam:
General Knowledge Online Test
History Online Quiz
English Language Online Quiz
Dear candidates if you want to know more about UPSC Civil Services Exam Pattern, or want to get latest updates of Civil Services Exam Pattern 2016, keep visiting our official web portal recruitmentresult.com. You can also follow us on Facebook and Google plus. You can subscribe our free email service to get its update in your inbox directly.