Civil Services Syllabus
Union public service commission has disclosed the Civil Services Syllabus 2016 and exam pattern of Preliminary and Mains exam. Applicants may download or check the exam Syllabus through the online process in the form of Hindi or English PDF.
This Page Includes-
- About Civil Services
- Civil Services Exam Pattern (Prelims & Mains)
- Civil Services Syllabus
About Civil Services
- UPSC conducts the many civil services examination every year to recruit the talented aspirants to the various Civil Services of the Government of India, including Indian Administrative Service, Indian Foreign Service, and Indian Police Service among others.
- Civil Services provide a wide Range of jobs to our country and it’s conducted by the Union Service. There are some top services which are followed the same condition like for Civil Service, IAS, IPS, IFS, IRS, Indian Customs and Central Excise Service etc.
- This exam is conducted in two phases the preliminary exam and the mains. Pre is consisting of two objective-type papers (General Studies and Aptitude Test), and the Main examination, consisting of nine papers of conventional (essay) type followed by the Personality Test (Interview).
- In every year there are thousands of students prepare for the Civil Service. Here on this page we are providing the information regarding Syllabus which will help you to clear the Exam.
Civil Services Exam Pattern
This Preliminary Examination is always conducted in the month of May/June in every year. Pattern of Preliminary Exams are given below.
- Mains exam
|3||Optional subject 1||3 hours||300|
|4||Optional subject 1||3 hours||300|
|5||Optional subject 2||3 hours||300|
|6||Optional subject 2||3 hours||300|
|7||Optional subject 2||3 hours||300|
Civil Services Syllabus
|1||Current Event of National and International importance.|
|2||History of India and Indian National Movement|
|3||Indian and world Geography|
|4||Indian polity and Governance|
|5||Economic and social Development|
|2||Interpersonal skills including communication skills|
|3||Logical Reasoning and analytical ability|
|4||Decision making and problem solving|
|5||General Mental Ability|
|6||English language comprehension skills|
Optional Subject Syllabus for Main Examination
|5||Commerce and Accountancy|
|17||Political Science and international Relations|
Note: For further details you may visit the Official Link and Keep visiting recruitmentresult.com for more recent updates of Civil Service Examination.
Something That You Should Put An Eye On
|UPSC Entrance Exams||UPSC Eligibility Criteria|
|Latest Current Affairs Updates||Online Quiz|
|How To Prepare For GK||How to Prepare for Reasoning|
|How to Prepare for English||English Improvement Tips|