Combined Medical Service Examination is conducted every year by UPSC to recruit candidates on medical officer post. So candidates who applied against Combined Medical Service Examination shall check CMS Syllabus from this page. Candidates shall download the Pdf of CMS Exam Pattern which is available on the official website that is www.upsc.gov.in. Candidate needs CMS Syllabus 2017 and CMS Exam Pattern to prepare well for examination. To grab more details regarding CMS Syllabus 2017 just scroll down this page.
Highlights of this page:
Combined Medical Service Examination is conducted in the month of July. So candidates who are preparing to appear for the same are advised to check the syllabus first and then prepare according to it. This will help the candidate to score good marks. Go through this page that is well structured by the team of recruitmentresult.com to get complete information about CMS Syllabus 2017–2018.
Syllabus of Paper: I
|(a) General Ability||(b) General Medicine|
Get Details: UPSC CMS Application Form
Syllabus of Paper: II
|(a) Surgery (Surgery including ENT, Opthalmology, Traumatology and Orthopaedics)||(b) Gynaecology & Obstetrics|
|I) Surgery Wounds|
II) Urological Surgery
III) Neuro Surgery
IV) Otorhinolaryngology E.N.T.
V) Thoracic surgery
VI )Orthopedic surgery
IX ) Traumatology
III Family Planning
|(c) Preventive Social And Community Medicine|
Check This- Download CMS Syllabus PDF
- Candidates who qualify written examination will be called for Interview/ Personality Test to be conducted by the Union Public Service Commission.
- Interview/Personality Test will carry 100 marks.
|Tips & Tricks to prepare for Written Exam||Get Details|
|Interview Preparation Tips||Get Details|
|Interview Questions and Answers||Get Details|
UPSC CMS Exam Pattern
For Code No. 1
|Paper I (Code No. 1)||Maximum Marks : 250|
|(a)||General Ability||30 questions|
|(b)||General Medicine||70 questions|
For Code No. 2
|Paper I (Code No. 2)||Maximum Marks : 250|
|(b)||Gynecology & Obstetrics||40 questions|
|(c)||Preventive & Social Medicine||40 questions|
You Can Also Check: Medical Entrance Exams Preparation Material
Steps to download CMS Syllabus:
- First of all candidate need to visit the official website that is upsc.gov.in
- After that navigate the home page and tap Important News and Alerts option
- Now various links will open on your digital screen, you just have to hit UPSC CMS Syllabus and Examination Scheme link
- After that PDF will open on your screen, you just have to read it carefully and then take hard copy of it.
How to prepare for Combined Medical Services Exam?
- Candidate must take overview of all the topics mentioned in PDF.
- Interested candidates must take help from his/her teacher/friends/ or even from Google.
- Candidates must do previous year question paper practically. It will help him/her to focus more on weak points.
- Candidate must make proper schedule according to subjects/weightage of the exam that which subject he/she should focus more or which subject/topic have high weightage.
- Candidate must study important topics early in the morning or one night before the exam.
- Candidate must try to study in peaceful areas like on terrace in morning.
- Aspirant must give proper relaxation to mind.
- Don’t try to cram anything. By doing this candidate must not remember anything which he/she crams.
- Always try to make simple tricks for the questions which is difficult to remember.
- Candidate always takes proper diet.
- Candidate doesn’t try to cram everything at last minute or night before exam. By doing this candidate will not get remember anything.
- Candidate should not drink anything which contains caffeine in it because it will reduce your power of thinking or concentration.
- Don’t study whole day and night before exam. This will make you more restless.
- Don’t use social websites while you are preparing for exam. This will disturb your mind and navigate your concentration.
Do You Know This?
Combined Medical Services Examination is organized by Union Public Service Commission every year. Now exam will be held on 13th August 2017. Through this exam, medical officer will be recruited in various department of Indian Government like Indian Ordnance Factories and Indian Railways etc. Applicants who will qualify this round will be called for further rounds like interview, document verification and medical exam etc.
To obtain more information regarding CMS Syllabus 2017–2018 candidates may check this Official Notification Link. Candidates also bookmark our web portal to get latest updates.
Something That You Should Put An Eye On
|UPSC CMS Result||UPSC CMS Answer Key|
|UPSC CMS Admit Card||UPSC Notification|
|UPSC Entrance Exam||UPSC Eligibility Criteria|
|UPSC Syllabus||UPSC Calendar|
|Common Mistakes You Make in Tests||Tips To Create Your Own Study Guide|