Candidates, who are planning to appear in UPSC CMS Exam, must go through the CMS Syllabus for preparation. Here on this page, we’re presenting topic wise CMS Paper I/II Syllabus and UPSC CMS Exam Pattern. So, download now updated UPSC CMS Syllabus PDF to prepare well for UPSC Combined Medical Service Examination, which will be held on 22nd July 2018. CMS Syllabus 2018 will be prescribed for Paper 1 and Paper 2.
There are two papers in UPSC Combined Medical Services Examination, 2018 such as, Paper 1 & 2. Aspirants who have a dream to get UPSC CMS Recruitment, they must participate in UPSC CMS Exam.
Applicants, who’re going to apply for CMS 2018 Exam till 25-05-2018, they can download updated UPSC CMS Syllabus from here. For a better preparation, you must have the CMS Exam Pattern and new CMS Syllabus 2018-19 which is displayed below on this page of recruitmentresult.com.
CMS Topic-Wise Syllabus for both papers is provided below, must have a look and download CMS July Exam Syllabus.
CMS Syllabus of Paper‐I:
- A) General Medicine including the following:
|Infections/Communicable Diseases: Virus,|
Rickets, Bacterial, Spirochetal, Protozoan,
Metazoan and Fungus
|Diseases of the skin (Dermatology)|
|Critical Care Medicine|
|Emphasis on medical procedures|
|Patho physiological basis of diseases|
|Vaccines preventable diseases and Non|
vaccines preventable diseases
|Vitamin deficiency diseases|
|In psychiatry include – Depression, psychosis,|
anxiety, bipolar diseases and Schizoprenia.
Do You Know: How to Prepare for UPSC CMS Exam
B.) Paediatrics including the following ‐
- Common childhood emergencies,
- Basic new born care,
- Normal developmental milestones,
- Accidents and poisonings in children,
- Birth defects and counseling including autism,
- Immunization in children,
- Recognizing children with special needs and management, and
- National programmes related to child health.
CMS Syllabus of Paper II:
CMS Syllabus for Surgery (Surgery including ENT, Ophthalmology, Traumatology and Orthopaedics)
1) General Surgery
- Blood vessels
- Head and neck
- Alimentary tract
- Liver, Bile, Pancreas
- Abdominal wall
- Abdominal injuries
- Urological Surgery
- Neuro Surgery
- Otorhinolaryngology E.N.T.
- Thoracic surgery
- Orthopedic surgery
- Diagnosis and management of common surgical ailments
- Pre‐operative and post operative care of surgical patients
- Medicolegal and ethical issues of surgery
- Wound healing
- Fluid and electrolyte management in surgery
- Shock patho‐physiology and management.
Get Here: CMS Preparation Books
CMS Syllabus for Gynaecology & Obstetrics:
|Post‐natal conditions included in CMS Syllabus|
|Management of normal labours or complicated labour|
|Questions on applied anatomy|
|Questions on applied physiology of menstruation and fertilization|
|Questions on infections in genital tract|
|Questions on neoplasma in the genital tract|
|Questions on displacement of the uterus|
|Normal delivery and safe delivery practices|
|High risk pregnancy and management|
|Intra Uterine growth retardation|
|Medicolegal examination in obgy and Gynae including Rape.|
- Conventional contraceptives
- D. and oral pills
- Operative procedure, sterilization and organization of programmes in the urban and rural surroundings
- Medical Termination of Pregnancy
Download Free: UPSC CMS Previous Year Question Papers
Preventive Social And Community Medicine:
- Social and Community Medicine
- Concept of Health, Disease and Preventive Medicine
- Health Administration and Planning
- General Epidemiology
- Demography and Health Statistics
- Communicable Diseases
- Environmental Health
- Nutrition and Health included in CMS Syllabus
- Non‐communicable diseases
- Occupational Health
- Genetics and Health
- International Health
- Medical Sociology and Health Education
- Maternal and Child Health
- National Programmes included in CMS Syllabus
- Management of common health problems
- Ability to monitor national health programmes
- Knowledge of maternal and child wellness
- Ability to recognize, investigate, report, plan and manage community health problems including malnutrition and emergencies
CMS Exam Pattern
UPSC CMS Exam Pattern 2018:
Part-I: Computer Based Examination:
- UPSC CMS paper consist of objective multiple choice
- It is of 500 marks. This Computer based examination is divided in two Papers.
- Each Paper carrying a maximum of 250 marks.
- Each Paper will be of two hours duration.
- The question Papers (Test Booklets) will be set in English only.
- For each question for which a wrong answer has been given by the candidate, one third of the marks will be deducted.
- Both the Papers of the CMSE will be of MBBS standard.
Also Check: Medical Entrance Exams Preparation Material
Paper – I:
|Subjects||Max Ques.||Max Marks|
Paper – II:
|Subjects||Max Ques.||Max Marks|
|Gynaecology & Obstetrics||40|
|Preventive & Social Medicine||40|
How can I get CMS Syllabus 2018?
- At first step, candidate need to visit the official website that is upsc.gov.in
- Hit on “Examination” tab available at top menu bar.
- Choose “Revised Syllabus & Scheme” from drop down list.
- UPSC Combined Medical Service Exam Syllabus will open up in PDF form.
- Note down topics added in CMS Syllabus & carry print out of CMS 2018 Syllabus in order to prepare for exam.
Get Here: CMS Syllabus 2018
Further process after written test:
- Candidates who qualify in the computer based examination will be invited for Interview/Personality Test to be organized by the Union Public Service Commission.
- Interview/Personality Test will carry 100 marks.
- It is organized to judge out General Knowledge and ability of the candidates in the fields of their academic study etc.
About Combined Medical Services Examination:
Union Public Service Commission conducts Combined Medical Services examination for appointment of work oriented & eligible contenders for Junior Scale Posts, Asst Divisional Medical Officer in Central Health Services, Assistant Medical Officer & General Duty Medical Officer Gr-II.
On the bass of score in UPSC CMS Exam, aspirants will be appointed for medical officer posts in various department of Indian Government like Indian Ordnance Factories and Indian Railways etc. Those who qualify UPSC CMS 2018 exam will undergo interview, personality test & document verification.
Candidates may avail more information about CMS Syllabus 2018-19 by following its Official Link. Stay connected with us for getting more updates about it.
Something That You Should Put An Eye On
|UPSC CMS Result||UPSC CMS Answer Key|
|UPSC CMS Admit Card||UPSC Notification|
|UPSC Entrance Exam||CMS Eligibility Criteria|
|UPSC Syllabus||UPSC Calendar|
|UPSC CMS Cut Off||Tips To Create Your Own Study Guide|