Commonwealth Shared Scholarship
Commonwealth Shared Scholarships for Master’s and PhD study for students in the UK are offered for citizens of developing Commonwealth countries. Those candidates who are Indian citizens and want to apply for Commonwealth Shared Scholarship 2017 they are required to check some instruction given below related to this Fellowship Plan. Commonwealth Shared Scholarship offered by the CSC in partnership with UK universities. The CSC extends it because of these host universities; whereas the theme is managed by the CSC, its success depends critically on their support.
All the details related to Commonwealth Shared Scholarship are provided on this page, so candidates are required to scroll down the page and get info regarding same. UK Department funded Commonwealth Shared Scholarships for International Development (DFID), with the aim of contributing to the UK’s international development. These scholarships square measure meant for college students from developing countries who wouldn’t somewhat be able to afford to undertake Master’s level study within the UK.
Commonwealth Shared Scholarship
Commonwealth Shared Scholarship Eligibility Criteria:
- Candidates must be a Commonwealth citizen, refugee, or British protected person
- Should be a permanently resident in a developing Commonwealth country.
- Candidates can start their academic studies in the UK by the start of the UK academic year in September/ October 2017
- By August 2017, hold a first degree of either first or upper second class (2:1) classification, or lower second class (2:2) classification plus a relevant postgraduate qualification (usually a Master’s degree)
- Aspirants must not have studied or worked for one (academic) year or more in a developed country.
- Be unable, either yourself or through your family, to pay to study in the U
Check Now: Scholarship in India
Commonwealth Shared Scholarships:
UK universities and CSC are combinedly awarded Scholarships for Master’s study for students from developing countries who would not otherwise be able to study in the UK.
For the development and needs of Commonwealth countries, skilled and qualified professionals get trained and academics who would be able to study in the UK.
Also Check: Scholarship Exams For Higher Studies Abroad
- The CSSS is a shared scholarship between the Commonwealth Scholarship Commission (CSC) and UCL, and selected candidates have to be accepted and approved by both parties, hence the requirement to also complete the CSSS online application form.
- The successful and reserve candidates will be selected upon the recommendation of an academic panel and the Student Funding Office.
CSC and participating UK universities are jointly funded Shared Scholarships. Each Scholarship provides:
- Approved airfare from your home country to the UK and return at the end of your award
- Permitted tuition and examination fees
- Stipend (living allowance) at the rate of £1,043 per month, or £1,279 per month for those studying at universities in the London metropolitan area
- Warm clothing allowance (paid and funded by the university)
- Study travel grant towards the costs of study-related travel within the UK or overseas
- Excess baggage allowance, up to an annual approved limit, when returning home.
Read Here: Scholarship Benefits
How To Apply?
- Candidates can apply to study an eligible Master’s course at a UK university that is participating in the Shared Scholarship scheme.
- To get a full list of eligible courses, you are required to visit http://bit.ly/cscuk-shared-scholarship-courses
- First of all you are required to visit official web portal of organization that is http://cscuk.dfid.gov.uk/
- After visiting home page follow “Apply” tab presented at the top in menu bar.
- Now press on “Scholarship & Fellowship” from drop- down list.
- Now follow the instructions and fill Scholarship Form with complete and correct details.
- Upload relevant documents/testimonials (if necessary)
- Lastly press on “Submit” button for final completion and take a print out of it for future use.
Commonwealth Shared Scholarship 2017: Get Details
Eligible Commonwealth countries:
|Anguilla||Antigua and Barbuda|
|Pakistan||Papua New Guinea|
|St Helena||St Kitts and Nevis|
|St Lucia||St Vincent and The Grenadines|
|Sierra Leone||Solomon Islands|
|South Africa||Sri Lanka|
|Tonga||Trinidad and Tobago|
|Turks and Caicos Islands||Tuvalu|
|Virgin Islands (British)||Zambia|
|Zimbabwe (awards offered to build the capacity of civil society organizations)|
Read Now: How To Prepare For Scholarship
For more details about Commonwealth Shared Scholarship 2017, you may check Official Notice Link given above.
We update this page, with latest details related to Commonwealth Shared Scholarship so; candidates can bookmark this page and get all latest updates on your instant access. You may also follow us on Face book and Google plus to acquire latest notifications time to time about recruitments, admit cards, answer keys, results etc directly on your timeline.
Something That You Should Put An Eye On
|How to Apply Scholarship||How to Get Scholarship|
|Education Loans for Students||Do you need Money for College Fee?|
|How to Get a Free College Education||College is Registered OR AICTE|
|How to Start a New Life In College?||UGC Approved University List|