Current Affairs February
Candidates who are preparing for competitive exams may take help latest current affairs of each month. This time you may get complete details about Current Affairs February from this page. If you want to get job either in government field or in private field there is so much competition. So here we are providing latest Questions & Answers on this page of recruitmentresult.com. You may also download these updates in PDF form.
- Amaravati will get India’s first ever underwater tunnel under the river Krishna.
- Pakistan’s Singer Adnan Sami gets Indian Citizenship
- RBI asked the banks to open banks in villages with a population of more than 5000
- SEBI rejects Sahara plea to restore portfolio manager licence
- Air Marshal Bhadauria takes over as Deputy Chief of the Air Staff (DCAS) of Indian Air Force (IAF)
- Atul Sobti assumes charge as BHEL CMD
- Airtel acquires 100 per cent stake in Augere Wireless
- Cabinet clears formation of JVs between Indian Railways and states
- Ravichandran Ashwin entitled with No. 1 Test bowler and all-rounder
- BajrangPunia, RituPhogatwin Gold at National Wrestling Championship
- Delhi Police enters Limca Book of Records for solving India’s biggest cash heist case
- Qatar Masters Open chess tournament title clinched by Magnus Carlsen
- Alstom delivers ‘Made in India’ coaches to Kochi Metro
- PM Modi inaugurated Indian Science Congress in Mysuru
- NPCI Awards conferred upon Corporation Bank
- Flipkart wins ‘Website of the Year India 2015
- Javed Ahmed appointed DG of Police of Uttar Pradesh
- D K Hota is BEML new HR director
- SBI to buy 4 Air India flats for Rs 90 crore
- BSE launches web-based RTA portals for filing of disclosures
- 2015 SAFF football championship clinched by India
Current Affairs February 2016
1. How much fund is being provided to expand a recently launched “Amma Seeds” scheme by Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa ?
A.Rs 5.30 crore
B.Rs 5.47 crore
C.Rs 5.37 crore
D.Rs 5.73 crore
Answer – C.Rs 5.37 crore
2. From which month, government will unveil Direct Benefit Transfer (DBT) scheme for kerosene that will enable users to get financial support directly in their bank accounts ?
A.1st July 2016
B.1st March 2016
C.1st June 2016
D.1st April 2016
Answer – D.1st April 2016
3. Which bank has launched host of digital banking solutions including green PIN and enrichment of its mobile app ?
A.Indian Overseas Bank
B.Punjab & Sind Bank
C.State Bank of Patiala
D.Punjab National Bank
Answer – D.Punjab National Bank
4. Recently National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development (NABARD) has signed a MoU with National Remote Sensing Center (NRSC). NABARD head office is located in which city ?
Answer – D.Mumbai
5. Qatar Masters Open chess tournament has been clinched by which of the following ?
Answer – D.Magnus Carlsen
6. Alstom, the transportation equipment maker rolled out the first set of railway coaches for the Kochi Metro project. Alstom is related to which country ?
Answer – D.France
7. Which of the following is regarded as the financial capital of India ?
Answer – D.Mumbai
8. Marketing analytics company MetrixLab has conferred which e-commerce giant with the title of ‘Website of the Year India 2015’ ?
Answer – C.Flipkart
9. Uttar Pradesh Government has appointed which of the following as its new Director General of Police(DGP) ?
Answer – C.Javed Ahmed
10. Public Enterprises Selection Board has appointed which of the following as the new CMD of defence PSU BEML Ltd ?
Answer – B.D.K.Hota
11. World’s largest blue star sapphire weighing 1404.49 carats has been found in which country ?
Answer – B.Sri Lanka
12. Oasis Group to invest Rs 500 crore for setting up wheat-based ethanol plant with capacity of 5 lakh litres per day in which state ?
Answer – C.Punjab
13. Women to constitute how much percent of constables in paramilitary CRPF and CISF, which is recently approved by Home Minister Rajnath Singh ?
Answer – D.33%
14. Recently Andhra Bank has launched IMPS. What is the maximum cap for transaction through IMPS ?
A.Rs. 8 lakh
B.Rs. 3 lakh
C.Rs. 5 lakh
D.Rs. 2 lakh
Answer – D.Rs. 2 lakh
15. US automaker General Motor has appointed which of the following as first female chairman in the man dominated industry ?
Answer – C.Mary Barra
16. California Governor Jerry Brown on 6 January 2016 declared a state of emergency in the state because of
a) Leak of Perfluorotributylamine
b) Leak of Dichlorodifluoromethane
c) Leak of Hexafluoroethane
d) Leak of Methane Gas
Answer- Leak of Methane Gas
17. Identify the Indian shooter who on 5 January 2016 grabbed gold medal in the women’s 10 metre air rifle event at the Swedish Cup Grand Prix.
a) Apurvi Chandela
b) Anjali Bhagwat
c) Heena Sidhu
d) Gargi Narang
Answer – Apurvi Chandela
18. The Union Cabinet on 6 January 2016 approved a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) to set border haats with which country?
19. Union Government on 1 January 2016 declared 2016 as the year of
b) LPG Consumers
c) Climate Change
d) Pollution free India
Answer- LPG Consumers
20. In which place did Ardhkumbhmela began in January 2016?
Something That You Should Put An Eye On