Current Affairs January
Dear candidates if you are going to appear for any government and competitive exam then you must have the knowledge of Current Affairs so here you can get all the details about Current Affairs January 2016. Here we are providing latest news or updates of Current Affairs January you may also go through Current Affairs Questions And Answers.
Current affairs help you to crack any of the examination like Railway, banking, TET, SSC, Army and many more. Here we are unfolding current affair Questions and Answers and latest news & updates related to Current Affairs January 2016 .From below mention section you can acquire details which is well structured by the team of recruitmentresult.com.
Current Affairs January 2016
- Lok Sabha passed bill to begin BIS as National Standards Body
- Union Government agreed setting up of 6 new IITs
- Union Government commenced Accessible India Campaign for differently-abled
- Union Cabinet permitted rehabilitation package for Bangladesh enclaves
- China’s first electricity-powered aircraft RX1E permitted for production
- Union Cabinet permitted signing of MoU between India and Iran on visa facilitation
- Transformative Carbon Asset Facility initiated to boost large scale climate action
- Brazil entered greatest recession since 1930s
- November 2015 Edition of FIFA World Rankings broadcasted; Belgium topped the list
- India’s Thakur Anoop Singh won gold medal in World Bodybuilding and Physique Championships
- Australia defeated Belgium to win Hockey World League Final
- Russia, WADA approved on roadmap to reform Russian Anti-Doping Agency
- China’s Tianhe-2 maintained its place as World’s most powerful Supercomputer
- Japan conducted its first dedicated commercial satellite launch
- WHO commence World Antibiotic Awareness Week with the theme Antibiotics: handle with care
- Union Cabinet permitted introduction of Regional Centre for Biotechnology Bill, 2015 in Parliament
- Indian economy develop by 7.4% in Q2 of FY 2015-16: CSO
- RBI granted in-principle approval to NPCI to function as the central unit for Bharat Bill Payment Systems
- RBI announced revised Priority Sector Lending norms for Regional Rural Banks
- NTC signed Integrity Pact with Transparency International India
Environment and Ecology
- MoEF released Draft Environment (Protection) Amendment Rules, 2015
- Bill Gates led Breakthrough Energy Coalition produced to reduce demand for fossil fuels
- India’s forest and tree cover increased by 5081 sq km: India State of Forest Report 2015
- Paris Pact on Water and Climate Change Adaptation announced
Highlights of Latest News & Updates
- Union Government approved 3120 crore Rs. investment for infra boost in 102 AMRUT cities
- Ministry of Railways signed AOT Agreements with SAIL-RITES Bengal Wagon Industry Pvt Ltd
- Canada sends first consignment of Uranium to India
- 7th Central Pay Commission submitted its report; recommended 23.55% hike
- Indo-Russia bilateral naval exercise Indra Navy-15 began in Visakhapatanam
- Rank of India in the Global Innovation Index 2015 released recently by Cornell University, INSEAD, and the World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO)
Current Affairs Questions And Answers
1. 90-90-90 is a treatment programme associated with which of the following diseases?
a) Swine flu
2. In which state is the Medaram Jatra, a biennal festival, held? (Deemed the second largest congregation, only after Kumbh Mela)?
3. Hornbill Festival is an annual event held in the state of –
4. As per the latest notification by Railways, which category of passengers will be charged full fare if they opt for reserved berth during train journey?
a) Children between 5 and 12 years
b) Children below 5 years
c) Senior Citizens
d) Sports persons
5. Recep Tayyip Erdogan is the President of which country?
6. Dhirio is a banned bull fighting sport of which state?
c) Tamil Nadu
7. As per the data released in December 2015, which country was the top source of FDI into India between April and September 2015?
8. From which country India received highest amount of FDI between 2000 and 2015?
9 .Identify the Indian boxer. She won bronze medal on 6 December 2015 at the International Boxing Association Olympic Test event?
a) Sarita Devi
b) Mary Kom
c) Aruna Mishra
d) Sarjubala Devi
10. In which country the International Boxing Association Olympic Test event was held in the first week of December 2015?
11. Name the trophy that was won by India on 7 December 2015 by defeating South Africa 3-0.
a) Freedom Trophy
b) Rose Bowl Trophy
c) Border-Gavaskar Trophy
d) Trans-Tasman Trophy
12. India on 4 December 2015 received its first uranium consignment of about 2730 tonnes from
d) United States
13. Who on 6 December 2015 emerged victorious in the 2014–15 Men’s International Hockey Federation (FIH) Hockey World League Final?
14. Tata Trusts on 6 December 2015 partnered with which non-profit educational organization to enable free online education for the Indian market?
a) Teach for India
c) Mindtree Limited
d) Khan Academy
15. Who on 6 December 2015 won the 2015 Indonesian Masters Grand Prix Gold badminton tournament which was held in Malang, East Java, Indonesia?
a) PV Sindhu
b) A Rovita
c) Tommy Sugiarto
d) Srikanth Kidambi
Something That You Should Put An Eye On