Current Affairs October
Hello friends! If you are looking for Current Affairs for October 2015 then no need to search anymore because this page is made to cater you details on Current Affairs October 2015 with questions and answers. Those contenders, who started their preparations for upcoming competitive examination like CAT / MAT / UPSC / SSC / IBPS / Railway etc, can fetch Question and Answers of Current Affairs India in from the below section of this page and these questions will help you in scoring good marks.
Current and affairs are the two words which defines the actual sense of current affairs, which means recent issues happening around this. Almost all competitive exams cover the section of current affairs to check the general awareness of the aspirants.
On this page, we are providing you the Question and Answers related to Current Affairs October 2015. Aspirants, who want to get success in the competitive exam, must read the full information carefully. This information will help you to crack the exam in first attempt.
Current Affairs October
- Hungry Bengal: War, Famine, Riots and the End of Empire authored by Janam Mukherjee
- International Translation Day observed across the world
- NOC Online Application Portal and Processing System for the National Monument Authority launche
- INS Kochi, indigenously built largest warship, dedicated to the nation
- Piyush Goyal launched Access to Clean Cooking Energy and Electricity – Survey of States Report
- Fourth Bi-monthly Monetary Policy Statement 2015-16 announced; Repo rate cut by 0.50 percent
- Leaders’ Summit on Peacekeeping held at the UN headquarters in New York
- Union Government appointed four Brand Ambassadors for Digital India Programme
- Jayant Prasad appointed as Director General of Institute for Defence Studies and Analyses
- Strong Evidence of Liquid Water on Mars: NASA
- NGT issued notice to Union Government on plea seeking stay on Lakhwar HEP
- Maharashtra Government declared 2017 as Visit Maharashtra Year
- Delhi HC admitted plea challenging validity of Article 370 of Constitution of India
- Reliance signed strategic pact with EDIC to manufacture defence equipment
- China’s Didi Kuaidi joined hands with Ola to compete Uber in India
- 1st Indo-Africa ICT Expo launched in Nairobi
- Wipro selected as member of Dow Jones Sustainability World Index
- Union Ministry of Road Transport launched Green Highways Policy, 2015
- NLC set up its first 10 MW solar power plant
- Indo-British van driver Dee Patel honoured with Pride of Britain Award
- India signed 123.51 Million US dollar Loan Agreement with Asian Development Bank
- World Heart Day 2015 celebrated with theme creating heart-healthy environments
- Boat with 200 onboard capsized in River Koholi in Kamrup district of Assam
- Ministry of Railways launched Indian Railway Knowledge Portal
- Union Ministry of Tourism launched new initiatives on World Tourism Day
- Meghalaya Governor Shanmuganathan got additional charge of Governor of Manipur
- Google teamed up with Indian Railways to provide free Wi-Fi at 400 Stations
- Nepal imposed vehicle curbs due to fuel shortage
- Lucknow-based CSIR-CIMAP won CSIR Award for S&T Innovations for Rural Development, 2014
- Mathematician Jacob Tsimerman won 2015 SASTRA Ramanujan Prize
- Qualcomm Announced Investment of 150 Million US Dollars for Indian Start-Ups
- India’s 1st dedicated satellite for astronomy research ASTROSAT launched
- Former England Fast Bowler Frank Tyson Died
- Manipur Governor Syed Ahmed died
- Hoping Stone Lyngdoh, Meghalaya’s oldest & longest serving legislator, passed away
- World Bank released report entitled Leveraging Urbanisation in South Asia
- World Tourism Day observed with theme One Billion Tourists, One Billion Opportunities
- Mercedes driver Lewis Hamilton won 2015 Formula 1 Japanese Grand Prix title
- Grant citizenship to Chakma-Hajong Refugees within 3 months: Supreme Court
- Union Government formed B S Baswan committee to revisit civil services examination pattern
- Sania Mirza-Martina Hingis won Ghangzhou Open Women’s Doubles title
- Conference on contemporary relevance of Bhagvad Gita held in United Kingdom
- S K Sharma appointed as Chairman of Bhakra Beas Management Board
- China successfully launched carrier rocket Long March-11
- Prohibition of Child Marriage Act, 2006 to apply on Muslims also: Gujarat High court
- CSI released survey report on prevalence of cardiovascular disease in India
- Matthias Muller appointed as CEO of Volkswagen Group
- Shivinder Mohan Singh resigned as executive vice-chairman of Fortis Healthcare Limited
- UNICEF unveiled Assembly of Youth digital installation at the UN headquarters in New York
- UNGA adopted Transforming Our World: the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development
- Rear Admiral Sanjay Mahindru took charge as Flag Officer Submarines
- Indian tribal woman Permila Tirkey won first discrimination-based Case in United Kingdom
- EU imposed anti-dumping duty on Indian water and sewage pipes for six months
- CCI cleared Heidelberg-Italcementi Deal
- Mars Orbiter Mission (MOM): India’s Pride
- Arvind Panagariya appointed as Sherpa for G-20 Summit
- Reserve Bank of India relaxed Change in Ownership Norms of Borrowing Entities
- Australian PM Malcolm Turnbull announced 70 million US dollar package to fight domestic violence
- Union Environment Ministry notified Guidelines on Sustainable Sand and Minor Mineral Mining
Something That You Should Put An Eye On
|Pratiyogita Darpan||Samanya Gyan Darpan Ebook|
|Pratiyogita Darpan January||Pratiyogita Darpan February|
|Pratiyogita Darpan March||Pratiyogita Darpan May|
|Pratiyogita Darpan June||Pratiyogita Darpan July|
|Pratiyogita Darpan August||Pratiyogita Darpan September|
Current Affairs Question and Answers October 2015:
1. Which Prime Minister of India had started the Pradhan Mantri Gram Sadak Yojana?
[A] PV Narsimha Rao
[B] Manmohan Singh
[C] Atal Bihari Vajpayee
[D] Narendra Modi
2. Who among the following heads the expert group set up by NITI Aayog to draft land leasing law?
[A] R Mehrishi
[B] T Haque
[C] JP Mishra
[D] HS Meena
3. With how many permanent members of United Nations Security Council India has civil nuclear pact signed?
4. Which of the following recently got the certificate by Limca Book of Records for the “Largest Yoga performance”?
5. Union Home Ministry has inaugurated the integration of Border Security Force with which of the following projects of the Gujarat Government at Bhuj, Gujarat?
6. Who among the following is first Spaniard to win World Badminton Championship?
[A] Yoana Martinez Barbero
[B] Maria Kristin
[C] Erin Carroll
[D] Carolina Marin
7. Which Committee has been appointed by the central government to study and recognize obsolete laws?
[A] Ramanujam Committee
[B] Kelkar Committee
[C] Rao Committee
[D] Rangarajan Committee
8. Which among the following committees has recently submitted its interim report on women safety?
[A] Justice C.S. Dharmadhikari Committee
[B] Justice V. Ramaswami Committee
[C] Justice J.M. Shelat Committee
[D] Justice R.S. Bachawat Committee
9. Which of the following became the second longest running reactor in the world?
[A] Unit 2 of Tarapur Atomic Power Station
[B] Unit 5 of Rajasthan Atomic Power Station
[C] Unit 2 of Kakrapar Atomic Power Station
[D] Unit 5 of Madras Atomic Power Station
10. Which Indian player has been selected by International Tennis Federation for Davis Cup Commitment Award?
[A] Rohan Bopanna
[B] Yuki Bhambri
[C] Mahesh Bhupathi
[D] Harsh Mankad
11. Which amongst the following automakers in India launched quadricycle ‘Qute’ recently?
[A] Tata Motors
[B] Marutu Suzuki
[D] Bajaj Auto
12. Which High Court of India ruled that the Prohibition of Child Marriage Act (PCMA), 2006 will apply on Muslims too?
[A] Rajasthan High Court
[B] New Delhi High Court
[C] Gujarat High Court
[D] Madras High Court
13. Who among the following has won the Naad Bhed Yuva Puraskar for 2014?
[A] Apoorva Krishna
[B] Kala Ramnath
[C] Sangeeta Shankar
[D] Embar Kannan
14. The objective of the recently launched “Reefer Vehicle Call-in-Centre Scheme” is to ___?
[A] Provide boost to automobile sector
[B] Evaluate the safety of different vehicles in the country
[C] Smooth transportation of perishable goods
[D] None of the above
15. Which day has been proclaimed by United Nations as “International Genocide Commemoration Day”?
[A] December 9
[B] November 12
[C] October 25
[D] September 22
|Current Affairs new Appointments||Awards and Honours in India|
|IBPS Current Updates||All Defence Current Affairs|
|Current Affairs for bank exams||Current International News|
|Current National News||Person In News|
|Sports Current Affairs||Latest Current Affairs|