CUSAT Application Form
Cochin University of Science and Technology has circulated an admission notice titled as CUSAT Application Form. University has invited online applications from eligible candidates for admission to various academic programmes for 2017-18 sessions. Applicants who wish to get admittance into various offered professional and non-professional courses in this university must submit their CUSAT Application Form 2017 before the last date.
This Page Includes
This common admission test is commonly known as CUSAT CAT that is hosted every year by Cochin University of Science and Technology. Students seeking admissions in various courses may apply by filling the online application as available on official website on or prior to last date that is mentioned below.
All information regarding CUSAT 2017 Application Form such as exam dates, Programmes Offered, eligibility criteria and other information has been given below on this page of recruitmentresult.com.
|Organizing Body||Cochin University of Science and Technology|
|Name of Exam||CUSAT CAT|
- Civil Engineering
- Computer Science & Engineering
- Electrical and Electronics Engineering
- Information Technology
- Fire & Safety Engineering
- Electronics and Communication Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Instrumentation Technology
- Naval Architecture & Ship Building
- Polymer Science and Engineering
- Marine Engineering
Know About – Successful Career Development Tips
Availability of Seats:
Seats for engineering courses in CUSAT colleges will be reserved under SC/ST and SEBC candidates. Check the list below.
|Categories||Percentage of Seats|
|Kerala SC candidates||08%|
|Kerala ST candidates||02%|
|Socially and Educationally Backward Classes of Kerala|
|Ezhava / Thiyya / Billava (ETB)||09%|
|Other Backward Hindu (OBH)||03%|
|Latin Catholic including Anglo-Indian(LC)||03%|
|Other Backward Christian (OBX)||01%|
|Pot-making Communities (PMC)||01%|
|Physically Handicapped Candidates||03%|
|Total SC/ST/SEBC/PH seats||43%|
- Allotment of seats to the candidates will be made on the basis of the ranks secured by the candidates in CUSAT CAT 2017.
- Candidates will have to register themselves and fill in the option of courses and institutes according to their preference for participating in seat allotment process.
- Candidates also have to submit the required documents for verification. Candidates who fail to produce their documents will not be allotted seats.
Read Also:- Ways to Get Money For College Fee
- Those who wish to apply for B.Tech programme must have passed 10+2 or its equivalent qualification from any recognized educational board.
- Aspirants applying for M.Tech Programmes, must be having valid GATE score card and should be eligible for 5% relaxation in the qualifying examination marks.
- Candidates belong to Indian / Foreign / PIO category are eligible to apply.
- For all UG programmes (except Marine Engineering), minimum eligibility for SEBC candidates with Non-Creamy Layer Status of Kerala State for admission to B.Tech programme is 45% for Mathematics and 45% for PCM (physics, Chemistry Mathematics) put together in the qualifying examination.
CUSAT Application Form> Check Official Notification
Institutes who will grant admission to qualified candidates into various engineering programmes on the basis of their performance in CUSAT CAT 2017 are as follows.
|Name of the Institutes|
|M.G. College Of Engineering, Thiruvananthapuram|
|Central Institute Of Fisheries, Nautical & Engineering Training (CIFNET), Kochi|
|Institutions Under Southern Naval Command Head Quarters, Kochi (SNCHQ)|
|Sarabhai Institute Of Science And Technology, Thiruvananthapuram|
|College Of Engineering, Kollam|
|Co-Operative Institute Of Technology, Kozhikode|
|T.K.M. Institute Of Technology, Kollam|
|K.V.M. College Of Engineering And Information Technology, Alleppey|
|Toc-H Institute Of Science And Technology, Kochi|
|College Of Engineering, Govt. ITI Campus, Thiruvananthapuram|
CUSAT CAT Exam Pattern:
|No. of Papers|
|Type of Questions||Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs)|
|Total no. of Questions|
|Marking Scheme||Candidates will be awarded 3 marks for every correct response. For each incorrect answer, 1 mark will be deducted|
Candidates are required to pay the application as per the category as mentioned below: please have a look…
|For GEN Candidates||Rs.1000/-|
|For SC/ST Candidates||Rs.500/-|
|For International Candidates||US $ 100|
|NRI (Including SC / ST candidates) (in addition to the fees of the 1st and 2nd category)||Rs.5,000/-|
|For Candidates opting Dubai as Test Centre||Rs.10000/-|
|For Ph D and M Phil programme||Rs.1000/- (Rs. 500/- for S C/S T Candidates)|
|For PDF, Diploma, Certificate Programme||Rs.100/- (Rs.50/- for SC/S T Candidates)|
Get Details – How to Start a New Life In College
Mode of Payment:
Online payment of application can be made through credit / debit card or net banking. Students can also make fee payment through DD drawn in favor of “Registrar, CUSAT” payable at Ernakulam.
Steps to fill CUSAT CAT Application Form 2017:
Step 1: Online Registration
- First of all candidates need to visit the official website that is cusat.nic.in.
- And then hit on “How to Apply” tab available at the menu bar of home page.
- Go through the links given in drop down menu and read the details for filling registration form.
- Enter all the required registration details. On the successful completion of registration process, a one-time password will be sent in your registered mail ID/mobile number.
- Candidates are advised to set your password immediately.
Step 2: Login to and Fill Application
- After registration, candidates are required to log-in online to fill CUSAT CAT Application form.
- Fill the required information as per the documents in support of academic details.
- Select two test centers for appearing the test.
- Upload scanned images by clicking on upload button.
Step 3: Make the Payment
- Make the payment of application fee through credit card/debit card/net banking or through DD.
- Application fee in bank can be submitted after two working days from the date of registration.
- Upload the scanned images of their passport size photograph and signature as per the specifications.
- In the uploading page, candidates have to hit on “Browse” button and select the path of the photograph/signature on the computer and upload it.
Step-4: Print the Confirmation Page
When the application process will be successfully completed, note down the system generated registration number and thereafter take the printout of the confirmation that may be required at the time of admission / counselling.
- New Delhi
- Adoor (Pathanamthitta)
- Thodupuzha (Idukki)
- Kalpatta (Waynad)
CUSAT CAT 2017 Important Dates:
|Online registration commencement||08 Feb 2017|
|Last date for online registration of CUSAT without fine||28 Feb 2017|
|Last date for online registration of CUSAT with fine||06 Mar 2017|
|Remittance of fee at bank ends on date||08 Mar 2017|
|Online registration by international students||01 Feb 2017– 30 Apr 2017|
|Extended online registration only for M.Tech and MBA programmes (CMAT / MAT / CAT / GATE score for M.Tech)||15 Mar 2017 – 21 Apr 2017 (With fine up to 30 Apr 2017)|
|Date of Examination||29th & 30th April 2017|
|Issue and receipt of offline Applications from Departments for admissions to PhD / M.Phil / Diploma / Certificate Programmes||08 Feb 2017– 15 Mar 2017|
Note: You may go through the Official Link to get more details about CUSAT Application Form 2017.
Something That You Should Put An Eye On
|Best Colleges in India||Top Universities In India|
|UGC Approved University List||Entrance Exam in India|
|List of Fake Universities||How to Get a Free College Education|
|Best Career Opportunities||Scholarship in India|