Cochin University of Science and Technology is the organization which conducts entrance exams for admission of students in various UG/PG and Ph. D programmes. Candidates must check CUSAT Notification details related to admissions, registration and other factors before applying. All the admissions are based on online Common Admission Test (CAT) or online Lateral Entry Test (LET) or Departmental Admission Test (DAT) entrance tests which are conducted by CUSAT. Applicants can register themselves through online mode before last date that is 28-02-2017.
Overview Of This Page
Applicants need to qualify entrance exam and must score high because university hire those students who score maximum in exam. According to rank occurred in exams, students will be allotted courses. Admission to MBA Program is based on C-MAT (AICTE) / MAT (AIMA) / CAT (IIM) score, GD & Interview and for M.Tech GATE score, who score high will get admission. For other details regarding CUSAT go through below section page which is well equipped by the dedicated team members of recruitmentresult.com.
- Tech/B.Tech lateral Entry
- LLB/B.Com with LLB/BBA with LLB
- Master of Vocation (M.Voc)
- MCA/MCA Lateral Entry
- LLM with Ph.D
- Master of Intellectual Property Rights with Ph.D
- Post Doctoral Research
CUSAT Eligibility Criteria
Minimum Basic Requirements for applying to each Program:
- Students who belong to Kerala Scheduled Cast (KSC) and Kerala Scheduled Tribe (KST) communities are eligible for applying, if they have minimum pass marks in the qualifying exam except for Marine Engineering.
- For all Under Graduate Programs the minimum eligibility for SEBC candidates of Kerala State with Non-Creamy Layer Status to be considered under reservation quota for admission to B.Tech is 45% for Mathematics and 45% for Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry put together in the qualifying exam.
- In the case of Post Graduate programmes, SEBC candidates of Kerala State with Non-Creamy Layer Status are eligible for 5% relaxation in the minimum required marks for qualifying exam unless otherwise specified
- Candidates with valid GATE score are eligible for 5% relaxation in the qualifying exam marks for M Tech Programs.
Check Out: Best Career Opportunities
Structure of CAT:
|Subject of Tests||Test Code|
|Test for B.Tech and M.Sc Photonics||101|
|LET (Lateral Entry to B.Tech. Programmes)||102|
|Aptitude Test for 5 Year B.B.A LL.B. (Hons.)/B.Com LL.B. (Hons.)||201|
|Test for M.A. Hindi||301|
|C-MAT/K-MAT/CAT-IIM for management programmes of CUSAT||401|
|Aptitude Test for MCA||501|
|Test for MCA Lateral Entry/MSc Computer Science||502|
|Fisheries / Fisheries Science||608|
|Law (for LL.M)||610|
|Aptitude Test for 3 year LL.B (Regular) (Evening)||619|
|Aptitude Test for LLM(IPR) Ph.D and LL.M(IP) Ph.D||620|
|Test for M Voc. Mobile Phone Application Development||621|
|Test for M Voc. Technology and Management Consulting||622|
Check Now: CUSAT Previous Year Question Papers
CUSAT Exam Pattern 2017
The exam pattern for First Degree programmes and Lateral Entry to III Semester B.Tech Programme (LET) are mentioned here:
First Degree Programmes
- CUSAT CAT exam is conducted through online mode (CBT).
- For each correct answer 3 marks will be given and for wrong answer 1 mark will be deducted.
- The question paper will include 250 Objective Types Multiple Choice Questions.
- 125 questions will be asked from Mathematics section and 125 questions from Physics and Chemistry will be asked
- The duration of this entrance test will be of three hours.
- The question paper will be of 750 marks
Lateral Entry to III Semester B.Tech Programme (LET)
- The CUSAT CAT will be conducted through online process
- For each correct response 3 marks will be awarded and for wrong answer 1 mark will be deducted.
- The question paper will consist of 200 objective type questions.
- 20 questions will be asked from English, 50 from Mathematics, 40 from engineering Mechanics, 40 from Engineering Graphics and 50 from General Engineering.
- The duration of this test will be 3 hours.
- The maximum mark will be 600.
|Socially and Educationally Backward Classes (SEBC)||Ezhava/Thiyya/Billava (ETB)||9%|
|Other Backward Hindu(OBH)||3%|
|Latin Catholic including Anglo-Indian||3%|
|Other Backward Christian(OBX)||1%|
|Scheduled Caste/ Scheduled Tribe||20%|
|Socially and Educationally Backward Classes (SEBC)||Ezhava/Thiyya/Billava(ETB)||8%|
|Other Backward Christian (OBX)||1%|
|Other Backward Hindu (OBH)||3%|
|Economically Backward Class among Forward Caste (BGN) (Supernumerary)||7.5%|
Applicants need to pay application fees through Online or offline mode. The online payment can be done through debit/credit card or net banking. The fee payment can be made via DD drawn in favor of “Registrar, CUSAT” payable at Ernakulam.
|Additional Fee pay by the Candidates opting for Dubai as Test Centre||Rs.10000|
|Post Doctoral, Diploma, Certificate Programmes||Rs.100 (Rs.50 ST/ST Candidates)|
Selection Process of CUSAT:
Selection of students in CAT exam will be based on merit list of written exam that will be conducted by the recruitment panel and applicants who will qualify in this round and will score high will be called for next round. Next round will be of interview and group discussion, which is conducted by complete panel of recruitment. Candidate is marked on each point after that on the basis of both the rounds that are written test and interview, candidate will be allotted university.
TIME TABLE for CAT 2017
Tentative time table for CAT 2017 is given below. Candidate are advised to check timings of the test in the admit card
|TIME TABLE FOR CAT 2017|
|09.30 am to 11.30 am||Test for Post Graduate programmes 601-618||Biotechnology (601), Botany(602), Chemical Engineering(603), Chemistry(604), Electronics(606), Engineering Science (607), Fisheries(608), Geology (609), Law (for LL.M)(610), Life Science (611), Mathematics( 612), Physics(613), Statistics (614), Zoology (615), Instrumentation(617) and Food Science (618)|
|12 noon to 2 pm||621||Test for M Voc Programme in Mobile Phone Application Development|
|12 noon to 2 pm||501||Aptitude test for MCA|
|3 pm to 5 pm||622||Test for M Voc Programme in Technology and Management Consulting|
|3 pm to 5 pm||619||Test for 3 year LLB Programme|
|2 pm to 5 pm||102||Test for Lateral Entry to B Tech Programmes|
|9.30 am to 12.30 pm||101||Test in Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry for Technology (B Tech/ M.Sc. (5 year Integrated ) Photonics|
|9.30 am to 11.30 am||616||Test for MA Applied Economics|
|2 pm to 4 pm||201||Aptitude Test for B.B.A. L.L.B. (Hons) / B.Com. LL.B (Hons.)|
|2 pm to 4 pm||301||Test for MA Hindi|
|2 pm to 4 pm||502||Aptitude Test for Lateral Entry to MCA/MSc Computer Science|
|2 pm to 4 pm||620||Aptitude Test for LLM(IP) Ph.D. and LL.M(IPR) Ph.D.|
Complete Details: CUSAT Application Form
Steps for Apply:
- First of candidates are advised to log in to the official website of organization that is www.cusat.nic.in
- Now, hit on “New candidates registration” tab and enter correctly the candidates name, date of birth & age exactly as given in the qualifying certificate.
- Applicants are advised to Use a valid Email ID and an active mobile phone number of the candidate or parent.
- Students need to choose a User Name of your choice with at least 6 characters using alphabets and/or numbers only and write down the approved user name.
- Now, select correct options out of the 3 that are given in the login creation page.
- The second option “Lateral Entry” is only for engineering diploma holders who are applying to the third semester of B.Tech.
- Now, applicants need to Fill Online Application Form with complete details in correct boxes and upload all valid documents and certificate and also need to upload scanned image of photograph and signature.
- At last students are advised to hit on “Submit” tab.
- Also, take a hard copy of it for future need.
|Commencement of Online Registration||08-02-2017|
|Last Date of Online Registration without Fine||28-02-2017|
|Last Date of Online Registration with Fine||06-03-2017|
|Last Date of Fee Remittance||08-03-2017|
|For International Candidates||30-04-2017|
|Extended Online Registration only for M.Tech & MBA Programs (without fine)||15-03-2017 to 21-04-2017|
|Extended Online Registration only for M.Tech & MBA Programs (with fine)||30-04-2017|
|Issue and Receipt of DAT Application (M.Phil, PhD, Diploma Programs etc) at Depts/Schools concerned||05-03-2017|
|Downloading Admit Card||30-04-2017|
Check Here: CUSAT Counselling
To fetch other essential information regarding CUSAT Notification 2017 go through Official Link. Join us on Facebook or Google + for latest recruitment updates or bookmark our web portal by pressing control + D.
Something That You Should Put An Eye On
|Top Universities in India||Top Colleges in India|
|Education Loans for Students||Do you need Money for College Fee?|
|How to Get Free College Education||College is Registered OR AICTE|
|How to Start New Life In College?||Entrance Exam in India|