Cybercrime is a fast-growing area of crime. More and more criminals are exploiting the velocity, expediency and ambiguity of the Internet to commit a varied range of criminal activities that know no borders, either physical or virtual. To get rid of it, people must know How to Submit or File an Online Complaint to Cyber Cell of Police. Computer crime, or cybercrime, is any crime that involves a computer and a network. The computer may have been used in the commission of a crime, or it may be the target.
These crimes can be divided into three broad areas:
- Attacks against computer hardware and software, for example, botnets, malware and network intrusion;
- Financial crimes and corruption, such as online fraud, penetration of online financial services and phishing;
- Abuse, in the form of grooming or ‘sexploitation’, especially crimes against children.
To deal with the issue of cybercrimes, CIDs (Criminal Investigation Departments) of many cities opened up Cyber Crime Cells in different cities. The Information Technology Act of India affirms clearly that when a cybercrime has been committed, it has a worldwide jurisdiction and hence a complaint can be filed at any cyber cell.
To File or Submit an Online Complain, you must follow these simple steps:
Step- 1: Victim must provide name, mailing address & telephone number along with an application letter addressed to the head of a cyber crime investigation cell when filing a complaint.
Step- 2: One must provide definite documents in order to register a complaint. List of documents varies with the type of cyber crime.
In Case Of Hacking The Following Information Should Be Provided:
1) Server Logs
2) A copy of the defaced web page in soft copy that is through email as well as hard copy format that is by post, if victim’s website is ruined if data are compromised on the victim’s server or computer or any other network equipment, soft copy of original data and soft copy of compromised data.
3) Access control mechanism details i.e.- Who had the access to the computer or email of the victim?
4) List of suspects if the victim is having any suspicion on anyone.
5) All relevant information leading to the answers to following questions.
- What is compromised?
- Who might have compromised the system?
- When was the system compromised?
- Why might have been the system compromised)
- Where is the impact of the attack-identifying the target system from the network?
- How many systems have been compromised by the attack)
In Case Of E-Mail Abuse, Vulgar E-Mail, Etc. The Following Information Should Be Provided:
- The extended headers of offending e-mail and
- The offending e-mail from
Contact Information of Different Cyber Cells Police
|City||Phone||Address & Email|
|Mumbai||91 – 022 – 22653714
|ACP, Cyber Crime Investigation Cell, Office of Commissioner of Police office, Annex -3 Building, 1st floor, Near Crawford Market, Mumbai-400001
|CBI Cyber Crime Cell:, Superintendent of Police, Cyber Crime Investigation Cell, Central Bureau of Investigation,
5th Floor, Block No.3, CGO Complex, Lodhi Road, New Delhi – firstname.lastname@example.org
email@example.com Official Site-www.cbi.nic.in
|ACP, Cyber Crime Cell, Commissioner office Campus Egmore, Chennai- 600008
E-mail id: firstname.lastname@example.org
For Rest of Tamil Nadu,
Address: Cyber Crime Cell, CB, CID, Chennai
E-mail id: email@example.com
|For Rest of Tamil Nadu,||044-24461959
|A-Wing, III rd Floor, Rajaji Bhawan, Besant Nagar, Chennai-600090 E-mail id: firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Cyber Crime Police Station, C.O.D Headquarters, Carlton House, No. 1, Palace Road, Bangalore-1
Official Site- www.cyberpolicebangalore.nic.in
+91-040-2329 7474 (Fax)
|Cyber Crime Police Station, Crime Investigation Department, 3rd Floor, D.G.P. office, Lakdikapool, Hyderabad–4 email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
Official Site- www.cidap.gov.in/cybercrimes.aspx
|CID HQ,Dy.SP. Assam Police email@example.com|
|+91-22-25424444||3rd Floor, Police Commissioner Office Near Court Naka, Thane West, Thane 400601 E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Official Site- www.thanepolice.org|
+91-20-2612 8105 (Fax)
|Deputy Commissioner of Police(Crime), Office of the Commissioner Office, 2, Sadhu Vaswani Road, Camp, Pune 411001 E-Mail: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org Official Site-www.punepolice.gov.in
+91-79-2325 3917 (Fax)
|DIG, CID, Crime and Railways Fifth Floor Police Bhavan Sector 18, Gandhinagar 382 018
|+91-651-2400 737/ 738||IG-CID, Organized Crime Rajarani Building, Doranda Ranchi, 834002 E-mail: email@example.com|
|—||Cyber Crime and Technical Investigation Cell, Joint Commisioner of Police Old S.P. Office complex, Civil Lines, Gurgaon E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org|
|+91-94180 39449||CID Office , Dy. SP Himachal Pradesh E-mail: email@example.com|
|+91-191-257-8901||SSP, Crime CPO Complex, Panjtirthi Jammu-180004 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org|
|+91-471 272 1547
+91-471 272 2768
|Hitech Cell Police Head Quarters Thiruvananthapuram E-mail: email@example.com|
|+91 98630 64997||SCRB, Superintendent of Police Meghalaya E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org|
|+91 94374 50370||CID, Crime Branch Orissa E-mail: email@example.com|
|+91 94318 18398||Cyber Crime Investigation Unit Dy.S.P. Kotwali Police Station, Patna E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org|
|+91 172 2748 100||Cyber Crime Police Station DSP Cyber Crime, S.A.S Nagar,Patiala, Punjab|
|919410837559||Cyber Complaints Redressal Cell, Nodal Officer Cyber cell Agra, Agra Range 7,Kutchery Road, Baluganj,Agra-232001 Uttar Pradesh e-mail: email@example.com|
|+9133 24506163||CID, Cyber Crime West Bengal e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org|
|+91 135 2640982
+91 94123 70272
|Special Task Force Office Sub Inspector of Police, Dehradun e-mail: email@example.com|
Guidelines to Submit Online Complaints:
- Firstly, a victim of cyber crime should file a criminal complaint with the local police. The FIR would be an official request to the police to investigate the crime.
- In cases of identity theft, you must collect evidence against the impressionist and then file an official complaint attaching all the details.
- Log onto www.infosecawareness.in to get all the major numbers of the cyber crime cells in the country provided by the division of Electronics and Information Technology, Government of India.
- You can also log onto www.cybercellindia.com for information on cyber crimes.
- Before taking any action, ensure you read more on cyber laws in India to know how to move forward.
Visitors, if you have any query regarding this notification, then you can leave the comment in the below commenting box. You can join us on Facebook and Google Plus to get updated career related information directly on your timeline. You can also subscribe our Email service which is absolutely free. You will get regular updates about job openings, examinations; admit card and other career related notifications directly to your mail box.