Dhanteras Puja Vidhi
Want to know, how to perform rituals at home and what is the Dhanteras Puja Vidhi? Read this article thoroughly. The Dhanteras marks the starting of the Diwali celebrations and it is the festival of wealth, which is celebrated two days before Diwali. This year the Shubh Muhurat for Dhanteras Puja At Home is 19:52 to 20:39. It will be celebrated on 17-10-2017. On this fortunate day which is also referred to as Dhantrayodashi, Hindu are worshipped the Goddess Laxmi and Lord Kuber.
According to Hindu calendar, Dhanteras falls in the Kartika month on the thirteenth day of Kartika Krishna Paksha. The word ‘Dhan’ means wealth and ‘Teras’ refers to the thirteenth day in the moon cycle. The most important activities done during Dhanteras puja is, worship to Lord Dhanvantri, Ganesh, and Lakshmi. The best part of the event is worshipping the lamp and praying Yamaraj and ancestors. In other word, we can say that the first lamp of Diwali is lit on Dhanteras day and this is the day when the Diwali shopping in completed.
Dhanteras Puja Vidhi
Shubh Muhurat For Dhanteras Puja:
- Dhanteras Puja Muhurta: 19:52 to 20:39
- Duration: 0 hours 47 minutes
- Pradosh Kaal: 18:10 to 20:39
- Vrishabha Kaal 19:52 to 21:52
Mantra For Dhanteras Puja
वक्रतुण्ड महाकाय सूर्यकोटि समप्रभ ।
निर्विघ्नं कुरु मे देव सर्वकार्येषु सर्वदा ॥
Vakra-Tunndda Maha-Kaaya Suurya-Kotti Samaprabha |
Nirvighnam Kuru Me Deva Sarva-Kaaryessu Sarvadaa ||
“Om Shreem Hreem Shreem Kamale Kamalalaye Praseed Praseed Om Shreem Hreem Shreem Mahalakshmaye Namaha”
How to perform Dhanteras Puja At Home?
Get complete Dhanteras Puja Vidhi here….
- After sunset, Dhanteras Puja begins.
- Draw the symbol of Swastik in form of rangoli on wooden platform
- Place a lamp with four wicks, In the center of the Swastik.
- Light the lamp with oil or ghee and also make a hole in a cowry shell
- This is also termed as Yamadeep or the lamp devoted to Yamraj, the god of death and to pay respect to the ancestors of the family unit
- Chant Dhanvantri mantra 108 times and recommend worship and flowers to Dhanvantri.
- Dhanvantri mantra “Aum dhan dhanvatarey namah”.
After worship Goddess Lakshmi, take a plate and wash the holy being of Lakshmi with panchamrit (mixture of milk, curd, ghee, butter and honey). After this, idol sandal paste, saffron paste, itar (perfume), vermian, turmeric, galal and abeer are offered. Family members close their hands and worship Goddess for success, prosperity, happiness and welfare!
Hindu rituals say that on Dhanteras, people should buy some new things like utensils. It is also believed that buying gold or something valuable is beneficial to the house because it symbolizes the arrival of Goddess Lakshmi at home. We the teams of recruitmementresult.com are wishing you Very Happy Diwali In Advance… Follow above provided Dhanteras Puja Vidhi and invites the Goddess Lakshmi into the home. Thank You!!!