Check out the latest Delhi University Dates for Undergraduate and Post Graduate admissions. There are around 56000 seats in 63 colleges for which DU Admission is going on. According to the source, other than the older popular courses this year the university have introduced some new lesser known courses.
These courses include Journalism, Travel and tourism management and others. Students wish to get admission in such courses may complete the DU Admission 2018-19 formalities by submitting their DU Applications before the last dates.
Highlighted Content Of This Page:
DU Admission 2018:
Delhi University 2018 Cut off for merit based Entrance Exam has been planned to be released on 19th June 2018.DU Dates has been announced by university. Students who will qualify the exam will undergo for counselling round where seats will be allotted to deserving students as per their choice filled and availably of seats.
Latest News About Delhi University ECA 2018:
This year only 15 colleges under Delhi University are giving admission to candidates under NCC category. So competition is quite tough. Other than NCC, only two other categories have got high applications i.e. Dance and Debate.
Under DU ECA 2018 seat based admission, only 900 seats are available under ECA category for which 17000 students are trying.3,019 students have applied for DU NCC quota while 2,495 students have chosen to apply for it through dance. Under ECA Dance category, 1732 students have chosen both Indian folk and Classical dance forms. In ECA Hindi or English debate category2, 331 students are trying out.
The preliminary trials for admissions under the ECA quota will start from 14th June till 21st June2018. Trials for a specific ECA activity are conducted by the ECA admission committee of Delhi University. Candidate can appear in preliminary trial only once. After that selected candidates have to appear for final trial.
What your score should be?
Students must score minimum 50% marks (38/75) in final trials in order to be eligible for DU admissions 2017. Merit list is prepared by the admission committee to provide admission in the college. Students who are selected for admission will have to sign a contract which states that during three year period they will only perform for college and university.
For more information and detail regarding DU Admission 2018-19 or Delhi University Dates for admission, go through this page which is well furnished by team members of www.recruitmentresult.com
Undergraduate Entrance Programmes
- B.E.(Bachelor of Engineering)
- B.El. Ed.(Bachelor of Elementary Education)
- B.P.Ed./B.Sc.(PE, HE & S)
- Bachelor of Occupational Therapy
- B.Sc. (Hons) Nursing
- BFA (Bachelor of Fine Arts)
- Bachelor of Physiotherapy
- B.Tech.(IT and Mathematical Innovations), B.A.(Hons) (Humanities and Social Science)
- MBBS and BDS (DUMET)
- BBA(Financial Investment Analysis)
- B.A.(Hons.) Business Economics
- BMS (Bachelor of Management Studies)
- B.A(Hons) Multimedia and Mass Communication
- M.A. (Hindustani Music) Vocal/Instrumental
- Master of Physical Education
Check Now: Best Career Opportunities
New Courses Introduced:
Apart from all popular UG/PG Courses, this year Delhi University has introduced many new courses in which students can get admission. The courses introduced by Delhi University Includes:
- Journalism: Delhi University has started 05 years Journalism course in Hindi and English language. Even for the same, the Delhi School of Journalism was also established last year.
- A Voc in human resource management: This is an undergraduate 03 years duration course that students can pursue after completion of their 12th. In this course studnetswioll be trained about the student’s fundamental training in handling and managing human resources. Managing human resources involves handling job designs and analysis, workforce planning, recruitment and selection, training and development, performance management, compensation and all the legal issues.
- BA Voc in marketing management and retail business: It is a 03 year UG course that studnets can pursue after 12th. In this course students will learn about knowledge and skills in learning about managing people.
- Tourism and travel: For all those students having interests in travelling the university is offering M.A and certificate course in tourism and travel management.
Eligibility Criteria For Admission In Delhi University:
For UG Courses:
|BMS/B.A. (Hons.) Business Economics/BBA (FIA)||Candidate should have passed/appearing 12th examination by securing 60% in four papers including English, Mathematics and other two subjects from the list of elective subjects as approved by the University of Delhi (55% for SC, ST, CW and PwD categories).|
Candidates applying for improvement in 2018 shall not be eligible for admission.
|B.Tech (Information technology & Mathematical Innovation)||10 + 2 examination with Mathematics.|
Minimum 60 % in four subjects (including mathematics), 54% for OBC, 57% for PwD/ CW category and passing marks for SC/ST.
|B.A. (Hons.) Humanities & Social Sciences||Passed /appearing 10+2 examination.|
Minimum marks criteria applicable as B.Tech (Information technology & Mathematical Innovation).
|Bachelor of Elementary Education (B.EL.Ed)||12th passed/appearing with minimum 50% aggregate marks.|
|Bachelor of Science in Physical Education, Health Education & Sports: B.Sc. (P.E., H.E. & S.)||12th passed/appearing with at least 45% aggregate marks (The aggregate marks will be determined on the basis of one language and three best subjects).|
|B.A. (Hons.) Multi Media & Mass Communication||Minimum qualification is 12th passed/appearing with 75% aggregate of best four including 85% in English (for general category).|
This course is only for women candidates.
Want to Know? Ways to Get Money for College Fee
For PG Courses:
|M.Tech Microwave Electronics|
M.Sc. Electronics or M.Sc. Physics with specialization in Electronics by obtaining minimum 60% marks
|M.Sc. Physics||B.Sc in related subjects or any branch of Science or Engineering with Physics and Mathematics passed with minimum 60% aggregate marks (50% marks for B.Sc. (Hons.))|
|M.Com||B.Com (Hons.) or B.A. (Hons.) Economics Or B.Com Or B.B.S. B.B.A. , B.B.A., B.I.F.A., and B.B.E degree from recognized institution.|
|MCA||Bachelor degree (10+2+3 Scheme) from the University of Delhi with at least one paper in Mathematical Sciences (Mathematics, computer Science, Statistics, Operational research).|
|M.A. Political Science||B.A. Degree with 50% marks or any other graduate degree (Science/commerce/Engineering etc) with 60% marks from the recognized University/institution.|
A three-year/five year LL.B. Degree with 50% marks (45% marks for OBC/SC/ST category candidates).
Read Now: How to Start a New Life In College?
Age Criteria for Delhi University Admission:
There is no minimum age bar for admission to undergraduate and postgraduate courses offered by the Delhi University.
Delhi University Reservation for UG Courses:
|Category||Percentage of seats reserved in each of the offered programmes|
|Other Backward Classes||27%|
|Persons with Disabilities||5%|
|Wards/ Widows of War Army Officers||5%|
|Sports/ ECA quota||5%|
DU Admission Procedure:
The selection of candidates for the DU 2018 admission will be done on the basis of their rank in the Entrance Exam 2018 conducted by the selection panel of the university.
DU Admission Registration Fee:
Contenders need to deposit some amount in the form of application fee via Credit Card/ Debit Card/ Net Banking.
Delhi University Exam Pattern 2018:
The examination pattern is different according to the course. For each course, there will be different question paper.
- Mode of Examination: The answers have to be marked on Optical Mark Recognition (OMR) sheet.
- Subjects: For each course, there will be separate subjects from which the questions will be asked.
- Type of Questions: Objective type questions (except for some of the foreign languages including Persian which have short answer questions) will be asked in Delhi University Entrance Exam
- Exam Duration: The DU Admission Exam will be last long for 2 hours.
- Marking Scheme: For UG courses, 4 marks will be credited to each correct answer.
Negative Marking: There is a negative marking for UG courses. 1 mark will be deducted for each incorrect answer.
How to Apply for DU Admission 2018:
Candidates who want to apply against DU UG Admission, they have to follow the basic steps:
- Firstly, contenders need to visit the official website of the university i.e. www.du.ac.in.
- Then select “Under graduate admissions” tab which is given at the menu bar.
- Download the Announcement of DU Admission 2018-19 and read the entire details about DU undergraduate admission.
- Hit “Apply Now” button and select “New Registration” option.
- Fill the required details and select “Register” button.
- You will receive e-mail ID and password and your DU Online Registration will be done.
- Enter the e-mail ID and password and press “Login” option.
- Fill the DU Admission form with correct details.
- Upload scanned copies of essential documents.
- Hit “Submit” button and take a print out of DU Application form for further use.
Hit Here>>> DU Admission Announcement
Hit Here>>> Delhi University UG Online Registration
Hit Here>>> DU PG Admission
Delhi University Admit Card:
- Candidates can get their DU Admit Card by visiting the official website of university of Delhi that is du.ac.in.
- Exact date and link will be updated here in this post after releasing DU admit card at its admission portal.
- Candidate have to bring one identity proof along with the admit card.
- Candidates are informed to take their admit card along with them at the time of examination for verification otherwise they will not be entertained by the organization at any cost.
DU 2018 Answer Key:
- DU Answer key 2018 for the post graduate programme will be released within 24 hours from completion of the Entrance test.
- From the official website of Delhi University, candidates can download the answer key.
- Within 7 calendar days from the declaration of result, candidates can also request OMR Response Sheet (ORS) by paying a fee of Rs. 500/- per paper.
Delhi University Result 2018:
- DU Result 2018 for UG and PG entrance exam will be declared in the first week of July 2018 tentatively.
- Candidates shortlisted in the written test will be called for interview/group discussion.
- Merit list will be drawn by considering candidate’s performance in entrance exam and interview/group discussion.
- Candidates can check their Delhi University 2018 Result from the official website via online mode.
Documents Produced at the time of DU Admission:
- Transfer certificate and Migration Certificate
- Character Certificate
- Category Certificate
- 2 passport size self-attested photographs
- 10th passing certificate & mark sheet
- 12th class mark sheet
DU Entrance Exam for Admission 2018:
Various DU affiliated colleges provide admission in their offered courses through the entrance exam. Candidates have to qualify the entrance exam to get admission:
|Courses||DU Affiliated Colleges|
|Bachelor with Honours/B.Tech in Music||Indraprastha College for Women, Hindu College, Miranda House (W), Ramjas College, Faculty of Music and Fine Arts, Daulat Ram College(W)|
|B.Pharma||Delhi Institute of Pharmaceutical Science & Research|
|B.Tech/B /B.Tech (Humanities)/ B.S. in Innovation with Mathematics & IT||Cluster Innovation Centre, University of Delhi|
|Bachelor with Honours/ B.Tech in Management Studies||B.R. Ambedkar College, ShaheedSukhdev College of Business Studies, DeenDayalUpadhyaya College, KeshavMahavidyalaya, Maharaja Agrasen College, College of Vocational studies|
|B.H.M.S||Nehru Homeopathic College|
|B.A.M.S/B.U.M.S||Ayurvedic and UnaniTibbia College|
|B.Sc (Hons.) Nursing||RajkumariAmritKaur College of Nursing|
|B.E.||NetajiSubhash Institute of Technology|
|B.P.Ed.||Indira Gandhi Institute of Physical Education and Sports Science|
|B.EI.ED||Miranda House(W), Jesus & Mary College (W), Gargi College(W), AditiMahavidyalaya(W), ShyamarasadMukherji College (W ), Mata Sundari College(W), Institute of Home Economics (W), Lady Shri Ram College for Women|
|Bachelor of Physiotherapy||Pt. DeenDayal Institute of Physiotherapy, Amar Jyoti Institute of Physiotherapy|
|Bachelor of Occupational Therapy||Pt. DeenDayal Institute of Physiotherapy|
|BFA (Bachelor of Fine Arts)||College of Fine Arts|
Helpline For DU Admission To Postgraduate / Master’s Courses:
University Information Center : 011-27006900
For Payment related grievance kindly contact at the given numbers provide by ICICI Bank : 7982991983, 8967657510
Want to Know? How To Be A Smart Student
DU Admission Dates 2018:
|DU Registration Starts for UG Courses||15.05.2018|
|Last date to apply against DU Admission||07.06.2018|
|DU Application Starts for PG Courses||18-05-2018|
|Post Graduate Diploma in Cyber Security and Law||18-05-2018|
|M.Phil/ Ph.D Programmes||18-05-2018|
|First Counseling/ Allotment||In June / July 2018|
DU Admission Test Dates 2018
On 17th June 2018 Sunday
|@12.00 P.M. To 02.00 P.M.||@04.00 P.M. To 06.00 P.M.|
|B.P.Ed. (Department of Physical Education & Sports Sciences)||M.C.A.|
|M.Sc. Computer Science||M.Phil./Ph.D. in Hispanic|
|M.A. Political Science||M.Phil./Ph.D. in Italian|
|M.Phil./Ph.D. in Political Science||M.Phil./Ph.D. in French|
|M.Sc. Zoology||M.Phil./Ph.D. in German|
|M.A. Persian||M.Sc. Botany|
|M.Phil./Ph.D. in Persian||M.A. History|
|M.Phil./Ph.D. in Portuguese||M.A. Urdu|
|M.A. French||M.A. Punjabi|
|M.A. German||M.A. Sociology|
|M.A. Italian||M.Phil./Ph.D. in Sociology|
|M.A. Hispanic||B.Ed. Special Education (Visual Impairment)|
|Ph.D in Law||—|
|Ph.D. in Physical Education||—-|
On 18th June 2018 Monday
|@4:00 P.M. TO 6:00 P.M.||B.Ed.|
|8.00 A.M. TO 10.00 A.M. shift||Ph.D. in Computer Science/ LLB|
|M.Phil./Ph.D. in Zoology|
|12:00 P.M. TO 2:00 P.M.|
|Ph.D. in Chemistry|
|M.Phil./Ph.D. in Philosophy|
|M.Phil./Ph.D. in Arabic|
|M.Phil./Ph.D. in Sanskrit|
|M.Sc. Operational Research M.A./M.Sc. Applied Operational Research|
|M.Phil./Ph.D. in Operational Research|
|Ph.D. in Home Science|
|M.A. in Psychology|
|Ph.D. in Psychology|
|*B.Sc. Physical Education, Health Education & Sports Sciences|
On 19th June 2018 Tuesday
|8.00 A.M. TO 10.00 A.M.||12:00 P.M. TO 2:00 P.M.||4:00 P.M. TO 6:00 P.M.|
|M.A. Economics||M.Sc. Environmental Studies||M.Sc. Fabric & Apparel Science (Department of Home Science)|
|M.Phil./Ph.D. in Economics||Ph.D. in Environmental Studies||M.A. East Asian Studies|
|M.A. Japanese||Ph.D. in East Asian Studies|
|Five Year Integrated Course in Journalism (English)||M.Sc. Development Communication and Extension (Department of Home Science)||Master of Library & Information Science|
|Five Year Integrated Course in Journalism (Hindi)||M.Phil./Ph.D. in Library & Information Science (Deptt. of Library & Info. Sc.)||M.A./M.Sc. Mathematics|
|Ph.D. in Biomedical Sciences||*B.El.Ed. (Only for female students)|
M.Phil./Ph.D. in Mathematics
|M.Sc. Resource Management & Design Application||Ph.D. in Financial Studies||M.Sc. Microbiology|
|M.A. Geography||M.A. Applied Psychology|
|–||–||Ph.D. in Microbiology|
M.A. Comparative Indian Literature
|–||–||M.Phil. In Comperative Indian Literature Studies|
Ph.D. in Modern Indian Languages & Literary Studies
On 20th June 2018 Wednesday
|8.00 A.M. TO 10.00 A.M.||12:00 P.M. TO 2:00 P.M.||4:00 P.M. TO 6:00 P.M.|
|M.A./M.Sc. Statistics||M.Sc. Physics||M.Phil./Ph.D. in Karnatak Music|
|M.Phil./Ph.D. in Statistics||Ph.D. in Physics||M.Com.|
|M.Sc. Geology||M.A. Philosophy||M.Phil./Ph.D. in Commerce|
|M.Phil./Ph.D. in Geology||M.A. Arabic||M.A. Linguistics|
|M.A. English||M.Sc. Anthropology||M.Phil./Ph.D. in Linguistics|
|M.Phil./Ph.D. in English||M.Phil./Ph.D. in Anthropology||M.Tech. Microwave Electronics|
|M.Sc. Informatics (Institute of Informatics & Communication)||M.Sc. Human Development and Childhood studies (Department of Home Science)||M.Sc. Genetics|
|Ph.D. in Informatics (Institute of Informatics & Communication)||M.Sc. Plant Molecular Biology & Biotechnology||M.Phil./Ph.D. in Genetics|
|M.Phil./Ph.D. in Hindustani Music||Ph.D. in Plant Molecular Biology and Biotechnology||M.Ed.|
|M.Phil. in Russian Studies||M.Sc. Mathematics Education (Cluster Innovation Centre)||M.Phil./Ph.D. in Education|
|M.A. Environmental Studies||*B.A. (Honours)|
Multimedia and Mass Communication (Only for female students)
|M.Sc. Food & Nutrition||—||—-|
|M.Phil./Ph.D. in Bio-Physics||—–||—-|
Read Also: What Makes a Successful Online Student
On 21st June 2018 Thursday
8.00 A.M. TO 10.00 A.M.
|12:00 P.M. TO 2:00 P.M.||4:00 P.M. TO 6:00 P.M.|
|M.A. Social Work||M.A. Buddhist Studies||M.A. in Life Long Learning & Extension|
|M.Phil./Ph.D. in Social Work||M.Phil./Ph.D. in Geography||M.Phil./Ph.D. in Adult Continuing Education & Extension|
|M.Phil./Ph.D. in Hindi||M.Phil./Ph.D. in History|
|M.Phil./Ph.D. in Botany||M.Sc. Forensic Science (Department of Anthropology)||M.Sc. Biochemistry|
|M.Phil./Ph.D. in Urdu||M.A. Karnatak Music||Ph.D. in Biochemistry|
|M.Phil./Ph.D. in Punjabi||M.Phil./Ph.D. in Percussion Music||M.A. Percussion Music|
|*B.A. (Honours) Humanities & Social Sciences|
(Cluster Innovation Centre)
|M.A. Hindustani Music||Ph.D. in Fine Arts|
|—||M.Sc. Electronics||*B.Tech. (IT & Mathematical Innovations)|
(Cluster Innovation Centre)
|—-||Ph.D. in Electronics||—-|
On 22nd June 2018 Friday
8.00 A.M. TO 10.00 A.M.
|12:00 P.M. TO 2:00 P.M.|
|* JAT BMS/BBA (FIA) &|
B.A. (Hons.) Business Economics (Shift-I)
|* JAT BMS/BBA (FIA) & B.A. (Hons.) Business Economics (Shift-II)|
|M.Phil./Ph.d. in African Studies||B.Ed. Special Education (Mental Retardation)|
M.Phil./Ph.D. in Buddhist Studies
|First Cut-off||Notification of First Cut-off Marks List by the Colleges||19.06.2018|
|Document verification, approval of admission and payment of fee||19.06.2018|
|Second Cut-off||Notification of Second Cut-off Marks List by the Colleges||25.06.2018|
|Document verification, approval of admission and payment of fee||25.06.2018|
|Third Cut-off||Notification of Third Cut-off Marks List by the Colleges (if any)||30.06.2018|
|Document verification, approval of admission and payment of fee||30.06.2018|
|Fourth Cut-off||Notification of Fourth Cut-off Marks List by the Colleges (if any)||06.07.2018|
|Document verification, approval of admission and payment of fee||06.07.2018|
|Fifth Cut-off||Notification of fifth Cut-off Marks List by the Colleges (if any)||12.07.2018|
|Document verification, approval of admission and payment of fee||12.07.2018|
To grab more details about DU Admission 2018-19 you can visit the Official Link. Clear your doubts about DU Admission (if any) by write it in the available below comment box. For latest news and updates subscribe to our free mail service.
Something That You Should Put An Eye On