AP EdCET Entrance Exam
AP EdCET Entrance Exam 2017 is going to be conducted by Institute of Advanced Study in Education (IASE), Andhra University, Visakhapatnam on behalf of Andhra Pradesh State Council of Higher Education. This common entrance test will be organized for giving admission to students into B.Ed. Regular Course in the University for the academic session 2017-18. Admissions to B.Ed course in Andhra University will be made on the basis of qualifying marks in AP EdCET Entrance Exam. Contenders planning to apply for AP EdCET Entrance Exam 2018 in the upcoming year must stay tuned to our portal for getting the updated details regarding the same very firstly.
Students satisfying the requisite eligibility criteria and willing to get admittance under this university must apply by filling AP EdCET online Application Form. Students need to submit application form on or before the last date. Aspirants are advised to go through AP EdCET Notification before applying.
AP EdCET Entrance Exam
|Name of Exam||A.P. Education Common Entrance Test|
|Last Date Of Apply Online||22-03-2017|
|Date of Exam||19-04-2017|
AP EdCET Eligibility Criteria:
Aspirants who will be fulfilling all requisite criteria as given below shall be eligible to appear for AP Ed.CET-2017.
- Candidates should be Indian Nationals.
- Aspirant must satisfy Local / Non-Local status requirements as laid down in the Andhra Pradesh Educational Institutions (Regulation of Admission) Order 1974 as subsequently amended.
Check Out: Best Career Opportunities
Essential Educational Qualifications:
- At the time of submitting the application for APEd.CET-2017, candidates must have passed / appearing for final year examinations of B.A. / B.Sc. / B.Sc. (Home Science) / B.Com. / B.C.A. / B.B.M.
- Candidates need to produce the marks memo and pass certificate at the time of admission.
- Aspirants who are securing a minimum of 50% marks either in the Bachelors Degree i.e. B.A./B.Sc./B.Sc. (Home Science) / B.Com / B.C.A / B.B.M and or in the Masters Degree in relevant subject or 5 years integrated course in the relevant subject of methodology are eligible to apply.
- Candidates those who belong to reserved categories i.e. S.C. S.T., B.C. (A/B/C/D/E), and physically handicapped candidates must have secured a minimum of 40% marks in the qualifying examination.
Attention Please: The candidates who passed B.E / B.Tech, with Mathematics, Physics are eligible for admission into the Course.
Want to Know? Ways to Make A Good Impression On Your Teacher
Candidates willing to apply must have completed the age of 19 years as on 1st July of the year in which notification is issued. There shall be no maximum age limit.
Eligibility Criteria for the choice of subject under Part C:
|Mathematics||Candidate with B.A. / B.Sc. with Mathematics as one of the group subjects or B.C.A. candidates with Mathematics at intermediate level as a group subject. B.Tech with Mathematics & Physics.|
|Physical Sciences||Candidates with B.Sc. who have studied Physics and Chemistry or Allied Material Sciences under Part-II group subjects or B.C.A. candidates with Physical Sciences (Physics and Chemistry) at intermediate level as group subject.|
|Biological Sciences||Candidates with B.Sc. / B.Sc. (Home Science) who have studied Botany and Zoology or Allied Life Sciences under Part-II group subjects or B.C.A. Candidates with Biological Sciences at intermediate level as group subject.|
|Social Studies||All candidates with B.A. /B.Com. / B.B.M. or B.C.A. candidates with Social Sciences at intermediate level as group subject.|
|English||Candidates with B.A Special English or M.A. English.|
- Candidates belong to SC/ST category are required to pay the registration fee of Rs.400/- and all other category applicants need to submit the registration fee of Rs.600/-.
- Fee can be paid by opting any of the following modes of payment AP Online / Debit / Credit Card and Net Banking, after filling the online application form with the required details.
- Late fee of application of Rs.500/- is to be paid till 15-04-2017.
AP EdCET Exam Pattern:
This common entrance test will be of Objective Type (Multiple Choice) paper and candidates are required to answer 150 questions in two hours time.
Part-A: General English – 25 questions for 25 marks
Part-B: General Knowledge – 15 questions for 15 marks and Teaching Aptitude – 10 questions for 10 marks
Part-C: Methodology: Candidate has to choose one of the following subjects. It consists of 100 questions for 100 marks.
|Mathematics||100 questions for 100 marks|
|Physical Sciences||100 questions for 100 marks (Physics – 50; Chemistry – 50)|
|Biological Sciences||100 questions for 100 marks (Botany – 50; Zoology – 50)|
|Social Studies||100 questions for 100 marks (Geography – 35; History – 30; Civics – 15; Economics – 20)|
|English||100 questions for 100 marks|
Important Note: Part-A and B are common for all the candidates irrespective of Methodology chosen in Part-C
Check These Below Given Tips:
Medium of Entrance Test:
Question paper will be in English and Telugu except for English methodology. However, candidates opting to write the Entrance Test in Urdu medium will be served with Urdu paper and such candidates shall have to opt Kurnool as Test Centre.
Centres of Entrance Test:
- For all candidates (except SC / ST), qualifying marks in the Entrance Test are 37 out of total marks (i.e. 25%).
- For the candidates belonging to SC / ST communities and female candidates, there will be no qualifying marks for ranking and in Physical Sciences / Mathematics methodologies respectively.
- Candidates will be ranked in each methodology in the order of merit on the basis of marks obtained in APEd.CET -2017 examination.
Want to Know? Tips to Prepare for Written Exam
- Aspirants, who are preparing for AP EDCET exam and wish to apply for this common entrance exam, are firstly required to visit the official site that is sche.ap.gov.in.
- Thereafter, aspirants need to hit on “AP Ed.CET 2017” tab available on the home page.
- Here you will be getting relevant links for getting specific kind of details regarding the exam.
- Go through desired link and read completely the details of eligibility for applying.
- After that, eligible aspirants need to Fill Online Application by hitting on “Online Application” link available at the menu bar on the appeared page.
- Fill the opened format of application in correct manner completely and information that must be kept ready for filling the details during online submission is as follows:
1) Select the eligible methodology
2) Hall ticket Number of Qualifying Examination
3) Date of Birth
4) Caste in case of SC / ST / BC candidates
5) PH / NCC / SPORTS etc
6) Parental income up to one lakh or up to two lakhs or more than two lakhs (rupees)
7) Study or Residence or relevant certificate for proof of local status
8) Aadhar Card
- After filling the online application form correctly, upload documents if required like pass port size photo and make payment of application fee.
- Recheck all the filled details carefully and press Submit button.
- Filled in Online Application Form will be generated of which contains registration number along with filled in details.
- Get hard copy of filled system generated online application form. Use the Registration number for future correspondence.
Important Dates to be Remembered:
|Last Date for Submission of Applications without Late fee||22-03-2017 (Wednesday)|
|Last Date for Submission of Application with a Late fee of Rs.500/-||23-03-2017 to 15-04-2017|
|Download of Hall Tickets||11-04-2017 onwards|
|Date and Time of AP Ed.CET||19-04-2017 (Wednesday) 10-30 am to 12-30 pm|
Check Here: List of Entrance Exam in India
Note: For availing more detailed facts related to Ed.CET Entrance Exam 2017 – 2018, you can go through official links available on this page. Candidates may also bookmark this page by pressing CNTRL+D for getting instant access to this page.
Something That You Should Put An Eye On