Education Loans for Students
India is one of the most advancing education hubs all over world. New universities and educational institutes offer various gamuts of programmes in education which also encourage study in India for international students.
An Education Loans for Students in India can be a saving grace for needy and eligible students to accomplish their higher education in reputed professional institutes or Universities.
Which bank is best to take an Education loan in India?
The process of getting education loan is simple but you need to know the loan scheme and lowest interest rate of different banks. Thus student’s loans come in useful way for people with financial restraints to a large amount.
Here on this page of recruitmentresult.com, we have provided much information in concern to educational loan for students in India such as the list of interest charged by banks, documents required, eligibility, hurdles, expenses considered by bank etc.
Education Loans for Students
Educational costs for higher studies have augmented to such an amount in the last couple of years that it has become hard for the middle class as well as upper middle class to borne the educational expenses by their own.
Education Loan provides an opportunity for better study to the students that belong to lower or middle class families. Usually such families can’t afford the cost of higher studies or studying abroad.
In this case banks help such students by providing loan at lesser interest rates. Banks also provide enough time to pay the installments as they get a job after completion of study.
- Must be a citizen of India.
- Age Limit varies with different Banks.
- Your course and University should be eligible for Loan.
- If loan amount is above Rs 4 Lakh, then you will need a guarantor.
- No outstanding education loan from any other association.
- Marks scored in 10+2 must be above 60% for general category and 50% for SC / ST / OBC category.
- Branch nearest to student’s residential permanent address.
Check Here – Successful Career Development Tips
Obstacles faced by students while pertaining for education loan:
- Increasing cost of education will indirectly relate to limitations on maximum loan amount. In some cases, tuition fees incurred for pursuing higher education abroad is minimum Rs 25 lakhs, while the maximum loan available is Rs 20 lakhs only.
- Education loan is made accessible in specific branches only. Hence the applicant may not be able to acquire the loan from branches outside of home town.
- If you want to get loan for studies in abroad then you have to arrange minimum margin amount for education loan for abroad that is 15 percent charged by bank.
- Deadly documentation and troublesome education loan process.
You may also read:- Documents Required For Education Loan
Expenses covered under Education Loan:
Many of public sector/ nationalized banks like State Bank of India and private sector banks like ICICI and HDFC etc. recommend educational loans for students to learn in India and abroad with changeable stipulations. Students can move toward these banks with some initial information about the schemes and hit the right deal for them.
- Admission as well as Examination Fees payable at college/ school/ hostel
- Examination /Library/ Laboratory fee
- Acquisition of books & equipment’s/ instruments/ uniforms
- Prudence deposit/ building fund/reimbursed deposit maintained by Institution bills/receipts
- Travel expenses/ passage money for studies in abroad (loan for two wheeler up to Rs.50,000/- could be granted by bank if distance of school and hostel is considerably long)
- Purchase of computers – essential for completion of the course
- Insurance cover for the student
Also Read:- Education Loan For Abroad Studies
Documents Required for Application
Student loans commonly called as Education loans or higher education loans which are financial relieves to students provided by the Private financial institutions, Banks and Government organization.
- Driving license
- Pan card
- Voter’s identity card
- A signed verification letter from a recognized public authority or public servant for your identity and residence.
- Aadhar card
- Bank account statement
- Ration card
- Aadhar card
- Voter’s ID card
- Telephone bill/ water bill/ electricity bill
- Allotment letter issued by a government department
- The banker’s signature verification
- Driving license
- PAN card
- Passport copy
Do you Know – Scholarships in India for Students
Banks offering Education Loans for Students in India:
Here are some list of Private Sector banks, Public Sector Banks as well as Foreign Banks in India which provides Education loan to students according to their ease.
|Andhra Bank||Bank of Baroda||Bank of Punjab|
|Allahabad Bank||Bank Of India||Bank of Maharashtra|
|Axis Bank||Bank of Rajasthan||Bassein Catholic Bank|
|Bharat Overseas Bank||Canara Bank||Catholic Syrian Bank|
|Central Bank of India||Centurion Bank of Punjab||Citi Bank|
|City Union Bank||Corporation Bank||Dena Bank|
|Development Credit Bank||DhanaLakshmi Bank||Federal Bank|
|HDFC Bank||Indian Bank||ICICI Bank|
|HSBC||Indian Overseas Bank||IDBI Bank|
|ING Vysya Bank||Jammu & Kashmir Bank||Karnataka Bank|
|Karur Vyasa Bank||Punjab & Sind Bank||Oriental Bank of Commerce|
|Lakshmi Vilas Bank||Punjab National Bank||Ratnakar Bank|
How to apply for Education Loan for Students in India:
Applicants who find themselves eligible for acquiring educational loan must have the above mentioned documents in hand at time of applying for loan. Contenders need to follow some simple steps:
- Aspirants who want to apply for loan must have a bank account. In case, if you don’t have an account you must open it in the bank.
- Once you have determined to study at an institution and finished the process of admission, then you will have to concentrate on amount of educational loan and overall expenses incurred for education.
- Go to the bank and ask for education Loan form. Read all terms and condition carefully and fill it properly. If you have any doubt you can ask the bank employees.
- Get all your supporting documents ready and the attested copies of the original documents. The documents required are mentioned above.
- Submit the application form and wait till your application gets approved.
- After submission and verification of all the documents, you will have to appear for an interview.
- It takes around 15 days for an educational loan to be sanctioned. Once it has been approved, you will get a promissory note which you will have to sign.
- Once your application is approved the required loan amount will be deposited directly to your bank account or in some cases banks pay the institution directly.
- If it’s rejected, then they will tell you the reason. If there is an error in the form, then you can submit it again after correcting the error.
Also Check – Documents Required For Education Loan
List of Interest Rate Charged by Bank
There are certain factors that decide the interest rate of the education loan offered to the deserving candidates to pursue their aspirations and touch great heights in future. The main decisive factors are the nature of the loan, whether it is a secure or an unsecure one.
Public Sector Banks
|State Bank of India||8.30% p.a. to 10.70% p.a.|
|Bank of Baroda||8.50% p.a. to 11.05% p.a.|
|United Bank of India||10.75% p.a. to 10.80% p.a.|
|Central Bank of India||9.80% p.a. to 10.30% p.a.|
|Bank of Maharashtra||10.15 p.a. to 10.65% p.a.|
|Canara Bank||8.50% p.a. to 11.50% p.a.|
|Dena Bank||8.25% p.a. to 10.25% p.a.|
|Indian Overseas Bank||8.60% p.a. to 11.40% p.a.|
|Punjab National Bank||8.25 p.a. – 10.75% p.a.|
Other Financial Institutions
|Avanse Financial Services||12.75% p.a.|
|Credilla||11.75% – 12.50% p.a.|
|Axis Bank||10.5% – 12.5% (Till 31 March 2018)|
|HDFC Bank||11.97% p.a.|
|IDBI Bank||8.40% p.a. – 10% p.a.|
|ICICI Bank||11.00% p.a. and above|
PNB Education Loan Scheme- Check Here
Reimbursement of loan:
Applicants need to recompense the educational loan in Course period + 1 year or 6 months after getting job, whichever is prior. The loan is to be repaid in 10years to 12 years after commencing of installments of loan. Ifthe candidate is not able to finish the course within the planned time; additional time for completion of course may be allowable for an utmost period of 2 years.
|Maximum Loan Limit||Repayment Period|
|Upto Rs. 4 Lacs||Upto 10 years|
|Above Rs. 4 Lacs and upto Rs. 7.5 Lacs||Upto 10 years|
|Above Rs. 7.5 Lacs||Upto 12 years|
This loan facility provided a ray of hope to those students whose academic record is excellent but they can’t study further due to financial instability. Most of the banks in India provide education loans and some of them even tied up with some major universities and institutes as a loan provider. Eligibility, documents required and procedure to get loan is described above.
Something That You Should Put An Eye On
|How to Get a Free College Education||Do you need Money for College Fee?|
|College is Registered OR AICTE?||How to Start a New Life In College?|
|Top Universities in India||Top Colleges in India|
|Short Term Career Courses||Job Oriented Courses|