One of the greatest festival of Islamic religion globally known as Eid al-Adha Bakrid is joyously celebrated all over the world in the remembrance of Abraham’s (Ibrahim’s) sacrifice. This day is also acknowledged as the “festival of the sacrifice” which marks the end of Hajj, the annual Islamic pilgrimage to Mecca undertaken by Muslims all over the world.
Bakri Eid is popularly commemorated in the memory of Abraham’s willingness to sacrifice his son out of faith in Allah and Allah’s mercy on us all. As son was replaced with a sheep, lamb, so these are the traditional thing to eat on Eid al-Adha. Ibrahim later sacrificed a sheep as per God’s instructions. The celebration symbolizes Ibrahim’s devotion to Allah. Animals like goat, sheep, cow or camel are sacrificed on this day.
On this auspicious muslim festival people visit the mosque, dressed up in their new clothes, listen to sermons and later offer Sunnah prayer of two rakats in the morning. Since it is a public celebration, Eid prayers are performed as large congregation prayers and attended by men, women and children.
After the completion of prayers during Eid al-Adha, sacred Takbir is used to be said. Specifically, seven Takbirs are included in the first Raka’ah and five Takbirs in the second one. Muslims convey their gratefulness to Allah for enabling them to observe the rites successfully in their prayers.
Words of ‘Eid Mubarak’ are greeted by all Muslims all over the world and offer gifts or money as ‘Eidi’ to children. People invite their relatives, friends, colleagues and neighbours belong to other communities to be the part of their Eid festivities including offering them their dishes and sweet delicacies. Muslims are duty-bound to share their blessings by feeding the needy and making contributions to mosques.
When is Eid al-Adha?
Timings set for Eid celebration rely on the lunar cycle, so the festival falls on a different date every year, just as Easter does.
Eid-al-Adha Bakrid 2016 is on September 13 Tuesday
2 days to go for the event
For more details on this festival scroll down the complete page and enjoy the wishes conveyed by our team. Please have a look………
How is Eid-al-Adha celebrated?
- Muslims on this day starts with dressed up with new clothes and performing dua or prayers by visiting mosque for begging of peace and prosperity of all.
- Takbir is recited before and after the prayers.
- Main and most important ritual of the day, slaughtering of animal, such as a sheep or a goat by the worshippers.
- Animal that is being sacrificed must meet certain standards of perfection and the slaughtering is carried out in accordance with the religious laws.
- Wealthy families are expected to provide one animal for sacrifice.
- Whereas poor family people, seven or seventy families mutually contribute to sacrifice one animal.
- Two thirds of the meat is distributed to the poor and one third is retained by the family for consumptions.
- After the prayers, alms are given to the poor.
- People visit with each other and exchange greetings of Id Mubarak. They visit houses of friends and relatives to celebrate Id.
- Feasts are prepared throughout the day. Everybody is made a part of the festivities. Special delicacies are prepared to celebrate Bakrid. In addition, gifts are also exchanged.
Eid-al-Adha Bakrid Wishes…
Wish you all a very happy Eid, and hope that you conquer all your dreams throughout the year.
On Eid ul-Fitr, wish that Allah’s blessings light up the path and lead to happiness, Peace and success.
All the loving wishes for you today to bring much happiness your way ahead.
I wish you the gift of faith, the blessing of hope and the peace of his love at Eid and always.
Messages of Sympathy and Harmony. Dot Forget The Poor On This Eid. Let Us Be A Helping Hand For Them.
May Allah Blessings Be With You Today, Tomorrow, And Always.
Wish you a great smile, laugh and successes for you on this day of Eid. Have a wonderful Eid day.
May You Be Guided By Your Faith In Allah & Shine In His Divine Blessings!
Eid-al-Adha Bakrid MSGS:
Lo Eid ka chaand aaya
Dher saari khushiyan laaya
Har taraf hain raunkon ke mele
Har chehra bhi hai muskuraaya
Aasmaan me chaand chadh aaya hai
Sitaron ne bhi aanchal lehraaya hai
Aa gaa len hum khushi ke geet
Dost mere Mubarak ho tumhein ye Eid
Lo aa gayi chaand- raat
saath hai taaron ki baraat
Jagmagaya hai har ghar aangan
Sang laayi khushiyon ki saugaat
Phoolon ki tarah haste raho
Bhanwaron ki tarah gungunao
Allah ka ho naam labon par
Jamkar ye Eid manao!
Aaya hai aaj ka din ye mubaarak
Saji hai raunaqon ki mehfil har taraf
Eid hai us Khuda ka nayaab tohfa
Aap sabko hamaari taraf se Eid Mubarak!
Eid ke khoobsurat chaand ka ho yahi paigaam
Mulk me ho ekta aur bhaichaare ki ho ajaan
Sajde hon qubool mohabbat ke, bhoolen hum bair
Gujhiyon aur siwaiyon se saje meethi muskaan
Hope you have enjoyed this page; if yes please post your comments in our comment box as given below……You can subscribe our free email services and get complete information in Your Email Inbox.