Ganesh Visarjan Date and Time 2016
Most popularized Mumbai festival of Hindus, Ganesh Chaturthi is celebrated every year with full zeal and happiness by lakhs of devotees. Our readers might be searching for the accurate Ganesh Visarjan Date and Time 2016 to perform the procedure of ganesh visarjan. The immersion of statue of lord ganesha symbolizes a ritual see-off of the Lord in his voyage towards his habitat in Kailash while taking away with him the misfortunes of his devotees.
This festival is also known as Vinayaka Chaturthi and is 11 day festival in which Ganesh Visarjan takes place on the 11th day, on the last day called Anant Chaturdasi. We have provided the proper vidhi of Ganesh Visarjan according to auspicious Muhurat settled this year as per Hindi calendar (Panchang).
Once the Ganesh Chaturthi festival is over beautiful statues of Lord Ganesh are placed in a body of water and left to disintegrate in a process called visarjan. In Mumbai alone, more than 150,000 statues are immersed each year.
Ganesh Visarjan Date and Time 2016
Ganesh Chaturthi Visarjan Dates:
Those people who kept Ganesha in their homes are needed to perform the immersion of statues according the set schedule and on selected days as follows.
- One and half day Ganesh Visarjan – September 6, 2016
- Three day Ganesh Visarjan – September 7, 2016.
- Five day Ganesh Visarjan – September 9, 2016.
(Gauri idols, commonly taken home and worshiped along with Lord Ganesh in Maharashtra on Gauri Avahan — on September 7, 2016 – will be immersed on this day as well).
Seven day Ganesh Visarjan – September 11, 2016
Anant Chaturdashi last and biggest day of Ganesh Visarjan – September 15, 2016
Immersion of the Andhericha Raja takes place on Sankashti Chaturthi — September 19, 2016.
Ganesh Visarjan Time:
The procession starts out at 5 p.m. on the 19th and goes for around 20 hours through the night. The idol will reach the immersion point late morning on September 20.
Mumbai Visarjan Locations:
If you are finding for main locations for immersion of statues of ganesha you just follow this page. Go ahead…….
- For getting largest and most famous Ganesh statues, you’ll need to head to Girgaum (Girgaon) Chowpatty on Marine Drive in south Mumbai.
- Procession route for Lalbaugcha Raja
- Procession route for Mumbaicha Raja / Ganesh Galli
- Juhu Beach in Mumbai’s western suburbs is another popular place of immersion.
- Procession route for Andhericha Raja
- Powai Lake, in Mumbai’s central suburbs, receives a lot of smaller states that are immersed by families before Ananta Chaturdashi.
Ganesh Visarjan Muhurat:
|6th September 2016 (2nd day)||11th September 2016 (7th Day)||15th September 2016 (11th Day)|
|Evening||03.42 – 05.15pm||Evening||02.07 – 03.39pm||Evening||12.33 – 03.36pm|
|Evening||08.15 – 09.42pm||Evening||06.44 – 09.39pm||Evening||05.08 – 08.08pm|
|-||-||-||-||Early morning (16th)||00.33 – 02.01am|
Ganesh Visarjan Mantras:
- Large number of devotees participated in ritual procession and at that time the whole environment echoes with beautiful and melodious enchanting of ; “Ganapati Bappa Moriya, Pudcha varshi Lavkar Ya”…………
- As there is no specific matra’s available for Ganesh Visarjan.
Ganesh Visarjan Vidhi:
First of all you must perform usual Ganesh Mantras and Aarti before taking Ganesh for Visarjan in the presence of all family members.
Step 1: Visarjan starts with Uttarang puja which involves offering five items, namely deep (oil lamps), pushp (flowers), dhoop (incense), gandh (fragrance) and naivedya (food) to Ganpati.
Step 2: After that, all household members need to perform the Aarti and sprinkle akshat or raw rice upon the lord.
Step 3: Then ganesh murti is to be lifted from its established place and carried to the entrance where it is turned to face the house and placed on the floor.
“At this time thank Ganesha for visiting your home and bringing prosperity at your place. Wish him for taking away all difficulties with him, ask ganesha to condone you for any mistakes ever made by you”.
Step 4: Now pour a spoonful of curd onto Ganesh’s unfolded palm as some of the devotees especially Maharashtrians believe that if any guest receives curd and rice, then his arrival is sure again.
Step 5: get some water in your hand and sprinkle it on the person performing Visarjan. All garlands and other decorations on Ganesha should be removed by the person performing the Visarjan.
Step 6: Cover the garlands of ganesha with newspaper and then finally lift up the Ganesha.
- Now, it is a time when everyone starts dancing with joy and chant with great pleasure ……..Ganapati Bappa Moriya… and other Ganesha chants.
- Once the murti is lifted up do not place it at home. Walk out of home and move quickly towards the immersion point.
- Never look back at home with the murti in the hand. While immersing the murti chant …Ganapati Bappa moriya…
- Some devotees perform another aarti at the spot of immersion but this is skipped due to heavy rush.
- After completion with statue immersion, do not look back at the murti and return home and have bath. Move to Puja room and offer prayers.
You can also perform a symbolic immersion by sprinkling water on Ganesha. This is if it is made of metal or porcelain and you plan to use it next year.
“We wish your visitor a very happy and joyful Ganesh Chaturthi.
And we pray lord Ganesha to remove all the Obstacles of your life;
Provide you with auspicious Beginnings!!!”
HAPPY GANESH CHATURTHI!!!