Ganesh Visarjan Date and Time
A great Hindu Festival, Ganesh Chaturthi is also known as Vinayaka Chaturthi is a eleven day festival starts on the fourth day of Hindu luni solar calendar month. It is the festival of God Ganesha. Many people are looking for Ganesh Visarjan Date and Time for the year 2017. This year Ganpati Visarjan is going to be held on 5th September, 2017. So devotees who are going to be a part of Ganpati Visarjan can check the Ganesh Visarjan Date and Time from this page.
The immersion of statue of lord ganesha symbolizes a ritual see-off of the Lord in his voyage towards his habitat in Kailash while taking away with him the misfortunes of his devotees. Once the Ganesh Chaturthi festival is over beautiful statues of Lord Ganesh are placed in a body of water and left to disintegrate in a process called visarjan. In Mumbai alone, more than 150,000 statues are immersed each year.
Ganesh Visarjan is discernible with the clay idols of Ganesha at homes, or overtly on convoluted pandals. Through this festival, Lord Ganesha removes obstacles in everyone’s life and spread joy all over world. Chanting of Vedic hymns, prayers, Offerings and prasada is distributed to the community during this festival. Go through below section of this page to get more details regarding Ganesh Visarjan Date and Time 2017 which is well created by the team of recruitmentresult.com.
Ganesh Visarjan Date and Time
Ganesha Visarjan is performed during odd number of days e.g. 3rd, 5th and 7th. The most important day for ganesh visarjan which falls on Anant Chaturdashi day, is the 11th day from the day of Ganesha Chaturthi.
Ganesh Visarjan dates and time:
Morning Muhurta (Char, Labh, Amrit) = 09:08 – 13:49
Afternoon Muhurta (Shubh) = 15:22 – 16:56
Evening Muhurta (Labh) = 19:56 – 21:23
Night Muhurta (Shubh, Amrit, Char) = 22:49 – 27:08+
Chaturdashi Tithi Ends = 15:11 on 5/Sep/2017
Mumbai Visarjan Locations:
If you are finding for main locations for immersion of statues of ganesha you just follow this page. Go ahead…….
- For getting largest and most famous Ganesh statues, you’ll need to head to Girgaum (Girgaon) Chowpatty on Marine Drive in south Mumbai.
- Procession route for Lalbaugcha Raja
- Procession route for Mumbaicha Raja / Ganesh Galli
- Juhu Beach in Mumbai’s western suburbs is another popular place of immersion.
- Procession route for Andhericha Raja
- Powai Lake, in Mumbai’s central suburbs, receives a lot of smaller states that are immersed by families before Ananta Chaturdashi.
Ganesh Visarjan Mantras:
- Large number of devotees participated in ritual procession and at that time the whole environment echoes with beautiful and melodious enchanting of ; “Ganapati Bappa Moriya, Pudcha varshi Lavkar Ya”…………
- As there is no specific matra’s available for Ganesh Visarjan.
Ganesh Visarjan Vidhi:
First of all you must perform usual Ganesh Mantras and Aarti before taking Ganesh for Visarjan in the presence of all family members.
Step 1: Visarjan starts with Uttarang puja which involves offering five items, namely deep (oil lamps), pushp (flowers), dhoop (incense), gandh (fragrance) and naivedya (food) to Ganpati.
Step 2: After that, all household members need to perform the Aarti and sprinkle akshat or raw rice upon the lord.
Step 3: Then ganesh murti is to be lifted from its established place and carried to the entrance where it is turned to face the house and placed on the floor.
“At this time thank Ganesha for visiting your home and bringing prosperity at your place. Wish him for taking away all difficulties with him, ask ganesha to condone you for any mistakes ever made by you”.
Step 4: Now pour a spoonful of curd onto Ganesh’s unfolded palm as some of the devotees especially Maharashtrians believe that if any guest receives curd and rice, then his arrival is sure again.
Step 5: get some water in your hand and sprinkle it on the person performing Visarjan. All garlands and other decorations on Ganesha should be removed by the person performing the Visarjan.
Step 6: Cover the garlands of ganesha with newspaper and then finally lift up the Ganesha.
- Now, it is a time when everyone starts dancing with joy and chant with great pleasure ……..Ganapati Bappa Moriya… and other Ganesha chants.
- Once the murti is lifted up do not place it at home. Walk out of home and move quickly towards the immersion point.
- Never look back at home with the murti in the hand. While immersing the murti chant …Ganapati Bappa moriya…
- Some devotees perform another aarti at the spot of immersion but this is skipped due to heavy rush.
- After completion with statue immersion, do not look back at the murti and return home and have bath. Move to Puja room and offer prayers.
You can also perform a symbolic immersion by sprinkling water on Ganesha. This is if it is made of metal or porcelain and you plan to use it next year.
“We wish your visitor a very happy and joyful Ganesh Chaturthi.
And we pray lord Ganesha to remove all the Obstacles of your life;
Provide you with auspicious Beginnings!!!”
The team of recruitmentresult.com is wishing you all a very HAPPY GANESH CHATURTHI!!! Interested individuals can subscribe to our free mail services to get mails in their inbox regarding the muhrat of different festivals.
HAPPY GANESH CHATURTHI!!!