GATE 2018 Result
GATE 2018 Result was scheduled to be announced on 17th March 2018, but by giving GATE candidates an amazing surprise, the IIT Guwahati has declared the GATE 2018 Result, a day before scheduled time i.e. today on 16th March.
Aspirants who have appeared in GATE Examination can check their AIR (All India Rank)/Merit List Online by visiting the official website i.e. gate.iitg.ac.in and following instructions given below.
GATE 2018 Examination was held on 03-02-2018, 04-02-2018, 10-02-2018 & 11-02-2018 (Saturdays & Sundays). After commencing the exam authorities of GATE Exam had declared the answer key on 14th March 2018 and today just after declaration of answer key the GATE 2018 Result has been announced.
|This Page Contains:|
Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering is commonly called as GATE, is an All-India examination administered and conducted in eight zones across the country. GATE score/rank is used for taking admissions to Post Graduate Programmes like ME, M.Tech, MS, Direct Ph.D. in institutes like IITs and IISc etc.
Collect all details about GATE Result 2018 such as GATE Online Results, Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering Merit List, Rank list, Score card etc. from here given by the team of recruitmentresult.com
|Name of conducting Body||Indian Institute of Science and seven Indian Institutes of Technology|
|Name of Exam||Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering|
|Graduate Aptitude Test Result||March 16, 2018 (Saturday)|
Ways to download Graduate Aptitude Test Result:
Have a look on below given simple guidelines to download GATE Result!!!
- First of all, aspirants who wish to download score card of Graduate Aptitude Test need to visit official website of organization that is www.gate.iitg.ac.in to check GATE Result
- After reaching the homepage candidates will see:
“GATE 2018 results are announced. Candidates can view the same through GATE Online Application Processing System (GOAPS): http://appsgate.iitg.ac.in/”
- Aspirants need to hit on the link and then the link will redirect them towards a new page having a dialog box as:
- Candidates need to enter their Enrollment ID/Email Address and Password to get the GATE 2018 Result.
- Afterwards a new window will be opened along with the “GATE score card” or GATE Exam Result.
- Candidates need to check Graduate Aptitude Test Results and download it
- At last candidates are advised to take a print out of the GATE Result and keep it for further usage.
Read Also:-How to Check Result Online?
“GATE 2018 results are announced. Candidates can view the same through GATE Online Application Processing System (GOAPS): appsgate.iitg.ac.in”
Get below>> GATE Result 2018
What GATE Score card includes?
The GATE 2018 result card will comprise listed details such as
- Name of the Candidate
- Registration Number
- Examination Paper
- Marks out of 100
- All India Rank
- Qualifying Marks
- GATE score
Check Out: GATE Rank Predictor
You Can Also Check: GATE Answer Key
GATE Score Card 2018:
- Those candidates who will qualify can download their GATE score card after the declaration of the GATE 2018 result.
- GATE 2018 Score Card will be valid for three years from the declaration date of the GATE Result.
- The scorecard will be available from 20-03-2018 to 30-05-2018 after GATE 2018 Result.
- The GATE scores of the candidates will be calculated out of 100 and will be normalized as per the guidelines given by the GATE authorities to arrive at the GATE score which is out of 1000.
- If you want to get soft copy of the Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering Score Card, they have to pay Rs. 500/-
- Candidates can use the GATE 2018 Score Card/GATE 2018 result for recruiting in PSUs like BHEL, ONGC, SAIL, GAIL etc.
- You can also use GATE 2018 Result Card for pursuing ME/M.Tech and Direct Ph.D. from NITs, IITs and CFITs.
Details available at GATE Scorecard:
- Candidate name along with Photograph.
- GATE 2018 Registration Number
- Name of the Examination Paper
- GATE Score out of 1000
- Marks out of 100
- All India Rank in the appeared paper
- Qualifying Marks for different categories
- Number of candidates who appeared for the particular paper
Usage of GATE 2018 Scorecard:
Result of GATE 2018 andGATE Score card can be used by candidates to get admission inM.Techprogram in prestigious colleges. Not only admission the Score of GATE 2018 can only be used to get recruited in PSUs like ONGC, BHEL, GAIL, SAIL.
Having good scores in GATE Scorecard is not useful if the percentile cannot match the GATE Cut off Percentiles. Have you any idea about the Cut Off of GATE 2018. Check the GATE 2018 Cut off and get the answer:
Get here>>>> GATE 2018 Cut Off
Branches of GATE Exam:
- There are various branches of GATE examination like AE, AG, BT, CE, CH, CS, EC, EE, IN, ME, MN, MT, PI, TF, XE, AR, CY, GG, MA, PH and XL.
- GATE is one of the standard examinations conducted not only to take admissions in post graduation courses but it also offers excellent opportunities in several public sector enterprises and research organizations.
- Aspirants qualifying Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering also get financial aid of 8000/- pm in the form of UGC scholarship.
Branch Codes for GATE 2018 Examination:
|Branch Codes for Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering|
|Aerospace Engineering||AE||Mechanical Engineering||ME|
|Geology and Geophysics||GG||Chemical Engineering||CH|
|Agricultural Engineering||AG||Mining Engineering||MN|
|Instrumentation Engineering||IN||Computer Science &|
|Architecture and Planning||AR||Metallurgical Engineering||MT|
|Mathematics||MA||Electronics and Communication|
|Civil Engineering||CE||Production and Industrial Engineering||PI|
|Electrical Engineering||EE||Textile Engineering &Fibre Science||TF|
|Engineering Sciences||XE||Ecology and Evolution||EY|
GATE Exam Statistics;
Near about 9, 22,167 candidates applied for the exam out of which 85% or 7,87,148 appeared in it. 16% or 1, 29,149 qualified this exam as per last year record. Remember, it is a combined result including all the categories such as OBC, SC, ST, or people with disabilities.
Check Here: Entrance Exams In India
Ways to calculate GATE Score for All Papers except CE, CS, EC, EE and ME:
|GATE Score=Sq + (St–Sq) (M–Mq) / (M¯t–Mq)|
- M – marks gained by the candidate (It is actual marks for single session papers and normalized marks for multi-session papers)
- Mq – qualifying marks for general category candidate in the paper.
- M¯t – Average marks of the top 0.1% or top 10 (whichever is larger) of the candidates who appeared in the paper (in case of multi-session papers including all sessions)
- Sq – 350, score assigned to Mq
- St – 900, score assigned to M¯t
Also Check: Engineering Exam Calendar
Aim of conducting Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering:
Gate is an All-India examination administered which is conducted by seven Indian Institutes of Technology that are (Madras, Bombay, Guwahati, Kanpur, Delhi, Kharagpur and Roorkee). The examination is carried out for various undergraduate subjects in engineering and science. This is organized to grant admissions in post graduation courses. On the basis of student’s score in GATE, admissions are offered in IITs, IISc, and NITs.
|GATE 2018 Events||GATE 2018 Result Date|
|Announcement of GATE Results on the Online Application Website||16-03-2018 (Saturday)|
|GATE Score Card 2018 will be available from||20-03-2018 to 31-05-2018|
To attain additional details about GATE 2018 Result, you may refer its Official Link. Stay connected with us to know more about Graduate Aptitude Test Results. For any query regarding GATE Result 2018, comment in below given comment box.
Something That You Should Put An Eye On