Graduate Pharmacy Aptitude Test (GPAT 2020) is national level entrance examination conducted by NTA for admission into M.Pharm programmes. The latest GPAT Syllabus 2020 contains Section Wise Details of chapters comprised in GPAT Entrance Exam 2020. Let’s discuss the Exam Pattern and topics covered in GPAT Exam Syllabus. You can also download the GPAT 2020 Syllabus in PDF format from here.
|Name of the Exam||Graduate Pharmacy Aptitude Test (GPAT)|
|Conducting Body||National Testing Agency (NTA)|
|Exam duration||3 hours|
|Types of questions||Multiple choice questions (MCQs)|
|Marks per question||4 marks each question|
|Negative marking||One mark will be deducted from|
the total score for every wrong response.
|The Helpline No||7042399521, 7042399525, 7042399526|
|GPAT 2020 Registration|
|3rd week of October 2019|
|NTA GPAT Admit Card Date||2nd week of January 2020|
|GPAT Exam Date||3rd week of January 2020|
|NTA GPAT Result Date||2nd week of February 2020|
|All India GPAT Merit List||3rd week of February 2020|
GPAT Syllabus 2020
Test Pattern for GPAT
- The medium of Question Paper is English only.
- GPAT is an online computer-based test of 3 hours duration with 125 objective type questions.
- There are 4 marks for a correct answer.
- There shall be negative marking for wrong answers, for each wrong answer 1 mark shall be deducted.
Download Here: GPAT Syllabus PDF
GPAT Exam Syllabus 2020
GPAT Syllabus for Physical Chemistry
|Composition & Physical States Of Matter|
|Chemical Equillibria, Phase Rule|
|Refractive index, specific refractivity, molar refractivity, refractometers.|
|Theory of conductivity, equivalent conductance, mobility of ions, specific conductance.|
|Order of reactions, derivation & internal form of rate laws, molarities of reaction, derivation of rate constants.|
Read Now: Chemistry Questions And Answers
GPAT Syllabus For Physical Pharmacy
|Matter, properties of matter|
|States of matter, change in the state of matter, latent heat and vapor pressure,sublimation-critical point, eutectic mixtures, gases, aerosols- inhalers, relative humidity, liquid complexes, liquid crystals, glasses state, solid crystalline and amorphous polymorphism|
|Micromeritics and powder rheology|
|Particle size and distribution, average particle size number and weight distribution, particle number, method of determining particle size and volume, optical microscopy, sieving, sedimentation, determining surface areas, permeability, adsorption, derived properties of powders, porosity, packing arrangement densities, bulkiness and flow properties.|
|Surface and interfacial phenomenon|
|Liquid interface, surface and interfacial tensions, surface free energy, measurement of surface and interfacial tension, spreading coefficient, adsorption and liquid interfaces, surface active agents, HLB classification, solubilization, detergency, absorption at solid interfaces, solid gas and solid liquid interfaces, complex films, electrical properties ofinterfaces|
|Viscosity and rheology|
|Newtonian systems, law of flow, kinematics viscosity, effect of temperature, non-Newtonian systems, pseudoplastics, dilatant, plastic, thixotropy in formulations, determination of viscosity and thixotropy by capillary, falling ball, rotational viscometer, application of theology in pharmacy|
Definition, types, properties of colloids, protective colloids, application of colloids in pharmacy
|Suspensions And Emulsions:|
Types, theories, physical stability
|Classification of complexes, methods of preparations and analysis, applications|
Want to Know? Tips To Create Your Own Study Guide
GPAT Syllabus of Organic Chemistry
- General Principles
- Different Classes Of Compounds
- Protection & Deprotection Of Groups
- Aromaticity & Aromatic Chemistry
- Polycyclic Aromatic Hydrocarbons
- Carbonyl Chemistry
- Different Aromatic Classes Of Compounds
- Bridged Rings
- Heterocyclic Chemistry
- Amino Acids & Proteins
- Pericyclic Reactions
GPAT Syllabus of Pharmaceutical Chemistry
|Topic||Topics added in GPAT Syllabus|
|Based on the functional groups|
START Now: Online Chemistry Quiz
GPAT Syllabus of Pharmaceutics
- Pharmacy Profession
- Introduction To Pharmaceuticals
- Introduction To Dosage Form
- Route Of Administration
- Sources Of Drug Information
- Allopathic Dosage Form
- Crude Extract
- Allergenic Extract
- Ayurvedic System Of Medicine
- Homeopathic System Of Medicine
- Biological Products
- Packaging Materials
- Gmp And Validation
- Pilot Plant Scale Up Techniques
GPAT Pharmacology Syllabus
|Topic||Topics added in GPAT Syllabus|
of Endocrine system
Read Also: Last Minute Exam Preparation Tips
GPAT Syllabus of Pharmacognosy
|Introductory Pharmacognosy||Classification of crude drugs|
|Sources of crude drugs||Factors influencing|
quality of crude drugs
|Techniques in microscopy||Introduction to|
|Principles of plant classification||Traditional herbal drugs|
|Plants based industries|
and research institutes in India
Graduate Pharmacy Aptitude Test Syllabus for Pharmaceutical Analysis
|Importance Of Quality|
Control In Pharmacy
|Ultraviolet-Visible Spectrometry||Flame Photometry &|
Atomic Absorption Spectrometry
|Proton Nuclear Magnetic|
|Oxidation- Reduction Titrations||Complexometric Titrations|
Methods Of Analysis
|General Principles Of Spectroscopy||Spectrofluorimetry|
|Infrared Spectrometry||Mass Spectrometry|
|Nephelometry & Turbidimetry||Miscellaneous|
You May Read This: Strategies To Improve Memory
GPAT Exam Syllabus of Biochemistry
|Biological Oxidations & Reductions||Nucleic Acids|
GPAT Syllabus of Biotechnology
- Plant Cell and Tissue Culture
- Fermentation Technology and Industrial Microbiology
- Process and Applications
- Animal Cell Culture
- Recombinant DNA Technology
- Biotechnologv Derived Products
- Formulation of Proteins and Peptides
GPAT 2020 Syllabus of Microbiology
|Introduction Of Microbiology||Microscopy and staining technique|
|Biology of Microorganisms||Fungi and Viruses|
|Aseptic Technique||Sterilization & Disinfection|
|Microbial Spoilage||Immunology and Health|
|Vaccines & Sera||Microbial Assay|
Read Now: How To Stay Awake All Night To Study
GPAT Syllabus 2020 for Pathophysiology
- Basic Principles Of Cell Injury And Adaptation
- Neoplastic Diseases
- Biological Effects Of Radiation
- Pathophvsiologv Of Common Diseases
- BIOPHARMACEUTICS AND PHARMACOKINETICS
- Bio-Availability & Bio-Equivalence
- Basic Mechanisms Of Inflammation And Repair
- Auto-Immunity & Diseases Of Immunity
- Protein Calorie Malnutrition, Vitamins, Obesity. Starvation
- Infectious Diseases
- Bio- Pharmaceutical Statistics
GPAT Syllabus for Anatomy, Physiology And Health Education
|Cell physiology||Gastrointestinal tract|
|Autonomic nervous system||Skeletal System|
|Urinary System||Reproductive System|
|Lymphatic system||Fluid flow|
|Dehumidification and humidity control||Material of constructions|
|Industrial hazards & safety precautions||The Blood|
|Respiratory System||Sense organs|
|Central Nervous system||Endocrine Glands|
|Cardio vascular system||Pharmaceutical Engineering|
|Filtration and Centrifugation||Refrigeration and air conditioning|
|Automated process control systems||Heat transfer|
|Distillation||Size reduction and size separation|
GPAT Syllabus for Pharmaceutical Management:
- Introduction to management
- Inventory Management
- Marketing Research
- Human resource and development (HRD)
- World trade organization (WTO) and trade related intellectual property rights (TRIPS)
- Planning and Forecasting
- Research Management
- Leadership and motivation
- Standard institutions and regulatory authorities
You May Read This: Tips to Manage Time In Exam
GPAT Syllabus 2020 for Dispensing & Hospital Pharmacy
- Introduction to laboratory equipment’s, weighing methodology, handling of prescriptions, labeling instructions for dispensed products
- Preparations based on maceration process.
- Posological calculations involved in calculation of dosage for infants.
- Preparations of formulations involving allegation, alcohol dilution, isotonic solution.
- Compounding and dispensing of following prescriptions
- Preparations based on percolation process.
- Study of difference between marketed and dispensed products of different dosage forms.
- Enlarging and reducing formula, displacement value.
- Study of current patent and proprietary products, generic products and selected brand products, indications, contra indications, adverse drug reactions, available dosage forms and packing of ,
- Reading and counseling of prescriptions from the clinical practice
More Links Related To GPAT
|GPAT Counselling||GPAT Registration|
|GPAT Eligibility||GPAT Admit Card|
|Details||2019 Stats||Expected in 2020|
|Number of Registered|
|GPAT Score Accepted|
by Participating Colleges
|Total Seats Offered||24,096||More than 25000|
|Total Test Takers||40649||Around 41000|
|Total Qualifiers||41208||Approx. 42000|
|Number Of Test Cities||58||Included As per Need|
Process to Download GPAT Syllabus PDF
- Log on to Official website of organization that is ntagpat.nic.in
- Hit on “Syllabus” tab available at top menu bar.
- GPAT Syllabus in PDF form will open up facing you.
- Read out all topics as listed in GPAT Syllabus PDF.
- Save GPAT Syllabus & prepare for exam as per topics prescribed in GPAT 2020 Syllabus.
Press Here For: GPAT Official Link
GPAT Score 2020
- The result of GPAT 2020 will be declared by 2nd week of February 2020 as GPAT Score which will be accepted by over 1000 participating institutes.
- The participating institutes of GPAT 2020 are the institutions which will be accepting the GPAT Score.
- Candidates must apply separately to each of the GPAT 2020 participating institutes with the GPAT Score 2020.
- Then, each participating institute will release their respective cut – off GPAT Score which candidates should meet to get qualified for admission to that particular institute.
- Candidates are advised to see the details of the admission process of each participating institute of GPAT 2020 on their respective website.
Graduate Pharmacy Aptitude Test
Graduate Pharmacy Aptitude Test (GPAT 2020) is conducted by National Testing Agency (NTA) from last year to provide admission into the Master’s (M. Pharm) programmes. It is a national level entrance exam which scores is accepted by all AICTE-Approved Institutions/ University Departments/ Constituent Colleges/Affiliated Colleges.
Must Check: Tips For Negative Marking in Entrance Exam
recruitmentresult.com has brought the exact details available at the official site. Apart from it, you will be updated with each and every latest update released by organization as well as changes made by the site on time with the help of this portal.
To be updated more searches apart from GPAT Syllabus 2020, you may be in touch with us. For that, you may bookmark us by using CTRL + D key or follow us on Facebook and Google Plus also.
More Searches Related To GPAT Syllabus
Something That You Should Put An Eye On