Highlights of Railway Budget India
The Highlights of Railway Budget India 2016 was presented by Union Railway Minister of India, Suresh Prabhu. Prabhu announced a number of new initiatives be it in railway infrastructure, passenger amenities or measures to revive its finances by going digital. Suresh Prabhu’s highlights in second Budget in the Lok Sabha, focused on capacity creation in the rail sector, with an increased outlay of about Rs. 1.21 lakh crore. Prabhu’s budget comes at a time when the railway is floundering in a financial crisis with passenger and freight revenue falling which is straining the finances of the railways.
Suresh Prabhu (Union Railway Minister) presented his second budget for the Indian Railways for the next fiscal year in the Lok Sabha on Thursday. In his opening remarks, he promised to address the issues concerning all stakeholders — citizens, employees and industry, among others – in his budget for the railways.
Important Key Highlight of Railway Budget India 2016:
- Remove all unmanned level crossings by 2020.
- IRCTC to manage catering service in phased manner. Local cuisine of option will be made presented to passengers.
- No hike in passenger fares.
- Swacch Bharat: 17000 biotoilets and other toilets in 475 stations before the close of this financial year.
- Action has been initiated on 139 budget announcements made last year.
- Children’s menu, baby foods, baby boards to be made available for travelling mothers.
- Increased quota for senior citizens and women travellers this year.
- Improved capacity of e-ticketing system from 2, 000 tickets/min to 7,200/min. Supporting 1.2 lakh concurrent users now, as opposed to 40,000 earlier.
- All main stations to be brought under CCTV surveillance in a phased manner.
- GPS-based digital display in coaches for showing upcoming stations.
- Deen Dayal coaches for long distance trains for unreserved passengers. These coaches will include potable water and higher number of mobile charging points.
- Wi- fi at 100 stations this year and 400 stations next year.
- Cleaning of toilets by requests through SMS.
- Set up bar-coded tickets on pilot basis to undertake menace of ticketless travel.
- Will open cancellation facility through 139 helpline number.
On new projects to be implemented this year:
- Broad Gauge Lumding- Silchar section in Assam, connecting Barak Valley with rest of country.
- Overnight double-decker trains to be introduced on business travel routes.
- North-East India, mainly Mizoram and Manipur, to be connected through broad gauge soon.
- Main purpose vehicle for the Ahmedabad-Mumbai high speed corridor registered this month.
- 1, 600 km of electrification this year and 2,000 km proposed for the next year.
Aspirants must visit our portal recruitmentresult.com, regularly to receive upcoming information. You can get all latest notification directly in your mail box by subscribing our free email section. Aspirants can also join us on Facebook or Google plus. We will send you latest updates on your Facebook wall.
Something That You Should Put An Eye On