How To Apply For Ration Card
Ration Card is a document issued by Public Distribution System for Indian citizens. Ration Card is provided to Above Poverty Line, Below Poverty Line and Antyodaya families. Through this card, poor people can save money by purchasing essential items such as Rice, wheat, sugar, kerosene oil etc at fair price. Now a day, ration card is also used as proof of identification, when applying for domicile certificate etc
Candidates can know about How to Apply for Ration Card, Ration Card Status; read how to download online application form and other details from this page written by the team of recruitmentresult.com Ration Card is issued on the basis of total number of members in the family.
Eligibility For Ration Card
- Should be Indian citizen
- Should not hold ration card in other states
Types of Ration Card
Before NFSA, State Governments in India has implemented three types of ration card i.e.
- APL Ration Cards (Above Poverty Line): 15 kilogram of food grain is received by these households.
- BPL Ration Cards (Below Poverty Line): 25-35 kilograms of food grain is received by these households.
- Antyodata Cards (AAY): 35 kilograms of food grain is received by “poorest of poor” households.
Under NFSA, two types of ration cards are there:
Priority Ration Card – In these cards, eligibility criteria is set by the state government and as per priority, 5 kilograms of food grain per member is distributed.
Antyodaya (AAY) Ration Cards – These cards are issued to “poorest of poor” households with 35 kilograms of food grain.
Read Online Process: How to Change Address in Ration Card
Ration Card Documents Required
- Proof of residence
- Aadhaar Card
- Bank Passbook
- Caste Certificate
- Income Certificate
- Family group passport size photograph
From the date, when application form is submitted, ration card will be provided within 30 days.
How To Apply For Ration Card
Procedure to Apply for a New Ration Card
Candidates can check steps to download Ration Card Application Form through below segment:
- Fill the asked information at the civil supplies office to obtain a ration card.
- One address proof such as telephone bill, an electricity bill, bank passbook etc is also needed.
- After that, submit the complete application form and take the acknowledgement.
- A supervisor comes at your residential area for verification purpose and makes a report.
- If the report data matches as per the eligibility, then within 30 days, you will get your ration card.
Know How To Apply For Ration Card Online:
- Visit official site of PDS Portal of India to apply for ration card as per the state i.e. www.pdsportal.nic.in
- Press on “Ration Card Details” link given at the right side under ‘Public Distribution’ section.
- After that, choose “Apply for New Ration Card” from the drop- down box appears under “Ration Card” link under menu bar.
- Choose the district and fill up the online application form by entering the required family information.
- Upload scanned copy of original address proof, electricity bill and photo Id or if any other asked document.
- Press on the submit button and you will get an application number.
- Save that application number for future use.
Visit Respective State/UT Food Portals:
Ration Card Online Application Form
Press Here, For Public Distribution System (PDS) Official Website
E Ration Card
Some State Governments has also introduced E-ration Cards through EPDS (Electronic Public Distribution System), as it helps the people to fill up the ration card details online.
How To Transfer Ration Card?
If any individual has shifted to a new location or city, then they can submit their application to the nearest ration office. Along with application form, candidates need to submit the application form along with proof of new address, other documents required.
Check Here: Steps to Download E Aadhar Card by Name
If any woman is married and move to his husband’s home, then they also visit the nearest ration office, then they should also submit an application form to remove the name from her parent’s ration card and add it in the husband’s family card.
Candidates can read “How to Apply for Ration Card” complete procedure from this page. An individual who’s earning is of high capacity, then they will not get rations at a subsidized cost.
Something That You Should Put an Eye On
|UP Ration Card||Rajasthan Ration Card|
|AP Ration Card||Tamilnadu Ration Card|
|Delhi Ration Card||West Bengal Ration Card|
|Jharkhand Ration Card||Assam Ration Card|
|Kerala Ration Card||Odisha Ration Card Status|
|Telangana Ration Card||Gujarat Ration Card|