How to Become a Chef
The advancement in hospitality business has pushed up chefs as a demanding field for professional and occupation. If you have a passion for cooking and enjoy experimenting with recipes, dishes then we can guide up you and interesting cache. In this article you’ll know How to Become a Chef after Graduation? Many of us having a passion for cooking and usually presume several times that we are so much creative while cooking a meal. Being preferred as a career option many graduates intend to know all about Chef, its courses, educational qualification, career path, etc.
Get a brief about what a chef is, where to train in India and overseas, the opportunities and salary available in this career path. If you have a passion for cooking and enjoy experimenting with recipes then you are cut for becoming a chef. With this article learn how you could earn through your culinary skills. Get an overview of what a chef is, where to train in India and abroad and the opportunities and salary available in this profession.
As a chef, one gets an opportunity to spice up pleasant dishes and also to build-up a future. It is only the chef, who holds the recipe for the success of an canteen, catering business or a portable kitchen.
A chef is more than just a cook; he/she researches, experiments and innovates with ingredients. Create exotic dishes by using the art of ingredients. Keeping these in view a good chef must possess or acquire the following habit–
- Organizational Skills
- Passion for Food
- Intense sense of Smell and Taste
The role of a chef is multi-dimensional as, the main responsibility of a chef is to create recipes and prepare yummiest meals. One must have talent to cook and make variety of foods like soups, appetizer, snacks, salads, main dishes and most important after meal ‘desserts’.
As an individual gets promoted to higher positions, formulating the kitchen, directing staff and planning the meals only becomes part of the responsibilities.
Other responsibilities are deciding the serving sizes, menus, ordering supplies for food and supervising kitchen to make sure the food quality and presentation is persistent.
How To Become A Chef – Method I
There are a number of options available for desiring aspirants and these include:
- The best option will be a course in hotel management from a recognized college.
- There are almost 20 institutes registered under (NCHM) National Council of Hotel Management by government across the country and offers the right base and ability.
- A number of hotel chains also run universities that conduct courses in hotel management.
- Candidates can enroll themselves in private institutions also that are approved by the (AICTE), All India council for Technical Education and affiliated with foreign institution of hotel management
In the below portion we have mentioned all required details by which one can easily get hoe he/she can become a chef therefore go well through the entire article.
Duration Of The Course
- Institutes that falls under NCHM offers a three years diploma course in hotel management
- Private institutions gives four year Bachelor’s program
Top Hotels That Offer Hotel Management Programs
- Oberoi Scoool of Hotel Management, New Delhi
- Welcomgroup Graduate School of Hotel Administration, Manipal
- The Taj Group’s Institute of Hotel Management, Aurangabad
Advantages Of Joining A Known Institution
- The benefit of taking admission in a professional based institute is that many of them has placement cells
- The top hotels are present at campus placements with the best job offers.
The knowledge learned can come in useful in setting up own business related to food such as, resort, restaurants, hotels, cafeterias, etc.
Requirements For Admission Process
- A hotel management program requires minimum qualification of 10+2
- The proffer marks scored in +2 must be 60%
- The candidate required to clear an entrance
- Successful candidates requires to go for group discussion
- candidates are interviewed on the basis of personality and aptitude
- The selection process is modernized and aspirants need to thoroughly prepare well for the admission
There are various courses that makes a part of Hotel Management program and students have to learn these subject as part of studies are as follows–
- Front Office training
- Food and Beverages
- A Foreign Language
- Public Relations
- General Management
- Marketing and Sales
How To Become A Chef– Method II
- A number of Food Institutions are available all over the country and offer diploma courses in catering and food processing
- The eligibility for joining these institutions is pass certificate in class 10th
- Food craft courses are conducted in large batches and includes different food preparation and presentation
- The course duration is normally 6 to 18 months
- On completion of the course one can find junior level employment in hotels and after few time can work as supervisory cadre
**The course duration is short and Low fees
The eligibility standards are not demanding
- Trainee – it’s a starting, whether they have a diploma or degree course, average salary is Rs. 8,500
- Officer Grade –The average salary for this position is Rs. 11,000.
- Chef –The salary begins to get higher and a chef can expect pay between Rs. 15,000 to Rs. 30,000
- Sous Chef – A Sous Chef is the in-charge of the kitchen and their minimum salary is Rs. 60,000
- Executive Chef – This position can be reached after having worked in all the other positions as a Chef and gaining experience in the field. An executive chef is head of all innovations thus they can expect to be paid with a salary package up to Rs. 1,00,000
Opportunities Available To A Chef
Apart from working as a chef one can find career openings as pastry chef, restaurant manager and similar positions in hotels, up market restaurants, clubs, airlines etc. Experienced chefs can open their own businesses related to food and catering.
Best Hotel Management Institutes In India
- National Council for Hotel Management and Catering Technology, New Delhi
- Welcomgroup Graduate School of Hotel Administration, Manipal
- Indian Institute of Hotel Management (Taj Group), Aurangabad
- Army Institute of Hotel Management and Catering Technology, Bangalore
- Kadandala Krishna Rao Memorial College of Hotel Management, Karnataka
- Woodlands Hotel Complex, Bangalore
- Oriental School of Hotel Management, Kerala
The above stated institutes offer admission generally in February/March.
Something That You Should Put An Eye On