How To Prepare English For SSC CGL
English has a lot of weightage in SSC CGL Exam. Those who are desirous to score well in this section may refer tips about How To Prepare English For SSC CGL Tier-I 2018 Exam. By going through Topic-Wise strategies, you may score 45+ marks in exam.
SSC CGL Tier-I Exam will be held from 25.07.2018 to 20.08.2018. English is of 250 marks out of the total 600 (including both Tier 1 and Tier 2). In order to score well it, take help from tips concerning How To Prepare English For SSC CGL Tier-I 2018.
Tips To Prepare English For SSC CGL Tier-I Exam:
English section is having 40% share of the total SSC CGL Marks. So, you must focus on this section as it will decide your selection for jobs in Staff Selection Commission. Refer useful trick regarding preparation for English section from below of page.
Go through this page designed by team members of recruitmentresult.com for knowing more information aboutHow To Prepare English For SSC CGL. You must follow these tips & strategies while preparation for this section.
How To Prepare English For SSC CGL
Staff Selection Commission Combined Graduate Level Exam is conducted to recruit staff to various posts in ministries, departments and organizations of the Government of India. This exam is conducted in four stages that is Tier I, II, III, and IV.
English Sectionis the most challenging section for the aspirants as it is not our national language. So those who found the ways that How to Prepare English for SSC CGL 2018 they can go through this page which is well created by the team of recruitmentresult.com.
How to Prepare for SSC CGL English
Staff Selection Commission Combined Graduate Level Exam is organized for appointing staff to various posts in ministries, departments and organizations of the Government of India. SSC Combined Graduate Level Exam is conducted in four stages that is Tier I, II, III, and IV.
- Firstly, you should know the complete exam pattern and syllabus for English Section of SSC CGL Tier 2.
- Now, you should divide your preparation into three parts: Vocabulary, Grammar & Reading Ability
- You should prepare a time table and allocate equal time to all subjects.
- Focus on your weak topics and learn at least one new word daily.
- To improve your Vocabulary, you should always try to Speak English and for reading ability, read daily English newspapers like – Hindustan Times, Times of India etc.
- Solve Previous Years’ question papers and mock tests daily to know the paper pattern and weightage of the questions. If you are solving the previous papers daily, you will improve your solving time and at a time you will attempt almost all question in 2 hours.
- Write at least 200-300 words daily on any topics to improve your Grammar.
START NOW: SSC CGL Mock Test
How To Prepare English For SSC CGL Tier 1
Vocabulary is the most important, followed by grammar and then by comprehension in Tier 1 Exam. The table below provides a breakdown of the important chapters / topics to study from each, expected time per question.
|Area of Study||Expected time per question||Important study areas|
Get Answer: How To Prepare English for Exams
Topic-Wise Tips To Score 45+ Marks in English Section of SSC CGL Tier-I 2018:
Refer Exam Pattern of SSC CGL English Section:
In English section, questions are from topics which are listed here.
- Spotting Error – 3-4 questions (6-8 Marks)
- Reading Comprehension/ Cloze Test – 5 questions (10 marks)
- Synonyms/ Antonyms – 3 question (6 Marks)
- Idioms/Phrases – 3 questions (6 Marks)
- One Word Substitution – 2-3 questions (4-6 Marks)
- Spelling Mistakes – 2 questions (4 Marks)
- Sentence Correction – 3-4 questions (6-8 Marks)
- Active Passive/ Direct Indirect – 2 Questions (4 Marks)
- Para Jumbles – 2 questions (4 Marks)
Four to five questions are expected to come from grammatical error. For solving questions on spotting errors, you must read the complete sentence carefully. By following these strategies, you may not face problem about How To Prepare English For SSC CGL.
Check Now: Prohibited Materials in SSC Exam
Idioms/Phrases & One Word Substitution:
By taking help from previous year books, you may prepare for one-word substitutions and idioms and phrases. It will assist you a lot in preparation.
Here you have to learn some rules for spelling errors. Through this, you will develop understanding of how to use spellings in English Grammar.
In Sentence Correction section, aspirants are required to read the original sentence carefully. Through this, you will spot grammatical errors by identifying them.
Check Here- SSC CGL Reasoning Question Paper
How To Prepare English For SSC CGL Tier 2
- In this study schedule the topics carrying more weightage (marks) are placed higher above.
- The targets set for each day are achievable. We have not set any unrealistic goals for you.
- This schedule gives you enough room to analyze your performance by taking regular mock tests.
- By following this plan you will get time for revision at least 1 week before the exam
|Day 30||Error recognition|
|Day 29||Tenses & Verbs|
|Day 24||Sentence completion|
|Day 22||Reading Comprehension|
|Day 21||Reading Comprehension|
|Day 20||Practice Previous Papers|
|Day 19||Practice Previous Papers|
|Day 18||Practice Previous Papers|
|Day 17||Reading Comprehension|
|Day 16||Reading Comprehension|
|Day 15||Mock Test|
|Day 14||Mock Test|
|Day 13||Mock Test|
|Day 12||Mock Test|
|Day 11||Practice Previous Papers|
|Day 10||Vocabulary Revision & Practice|
|Day 9||RC Revision|
|Day 8||Mock Test|
|Day 7||Practice Previous Papers|
|Day 6||Practice Previous Papers|
|Day 5||Mock Test|
|Day 4||Practice Previous Papers|
|Day 3||Mock Test|
Have A Look On Below Given Section
|SSC CGL Syllabus||How to Crack SSC CGL Exam|
|SSC CGL Online Test Series||SSC CGL Previous Year Paper|
|How To Apply For SSC CGL Exam||SSC CGL Exam Pattern|
How To Prepare English For SSC CGL Tier III And IV
- Read newspaper daily. It will increase your knowledge as well as vocabulary.
- Generally, the exam topic of these competitive exams is the basis on the daily Current Affairs. So be familiar with the famous topics.
- Write essay or letter and evaluate it afterwards. Check where you are lacking.
- You can buy the good book or search over the internet, you will get a number of styles and topics to write Letter/Essay writing.
- Topics to be covered: The articles you read should cover a wide range of recent topics. The most important topics for SSC CGL Tier 3 exam are:
- Social Issues like unemployment, poverty, education, dowry system.
- Finance & Economics Issues like RBI Bimonthly Policy, GST, GDP, Demonetization
- World Politics like Brexit, North Korea sanctions, Syrian Refugee crisis, South China Sea.
- Environment issues like Pollution, Swachh Bharat Abhiyan.
- Science and Technology like Mangalyaan, Social Networks etc.
- Government Schemes like Jan DhanYojana, Give up LPG Gas Subsidy Scheme etc.
|Books name||Authors name|
|Objective General English||S P Bakshi – Arihant Publication|
|Objective General English||R S Aggrawal – S. Chand|
|One-word substitution||KiranPrakashan – KiranPrakashan|
|Idioms & phrases||Arihant Publication|
|SSC English Language Chapter Wise Solved Papers||Kiran Publication|
Check Now: SSC Preparation Books
All details about How To Prepare English For SSC CGL Tier-I 2018 will guide you a lot in preparation. Stay connected with us for knowing more updates about more interesting articles and others.
Something That You Should Put An Eye On