How To Prepare For CMAT
Common Management Aptitude Test is not an easy nut to crack. It takes a lot of hard work along with Smart Work. How To Prepare for CMAT is the common question that hits candidate’s mind when he/she thinks about participating in the exam. To help all the participating contenders here we are providing some easy Tricks To Crack CMAT Exam. With the help of these CMAT Preparation Tips candidates will find it easier to prepare and crack the nut i.e. the AICTE CMAT Examination.
All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) is approved and responsible for executing Common management Admission Test. CMAT is a national level test which is conducted in order to offer admissions to candidates into various management courses of different B-schools. For those who are preparing for CMAT 2015, team recruitmentresult.com has brought here few Preparation Tips, Tricks to Crack CMAT Exam;
How To Prepare For CMAT
Before preparing for the examination you must take a look over the exam scheme, with the help of the exam structure it will become easier for you to prepare and also ypou will get an idea regarding the weight age of subjects in the exam:
Scheme of CMAT Exam:
- Duration of Exam – 180 minutes
- Date of Exam – February and September, twice a year
- Negative marking – 25% of maximum marks of each question.
4 Sections in total. These Sections are:
- Section 1 – Reading Comprehension, Verbal Ability, Verbal Reasoning – 100 marks
- Section 2 – Quantitative Aptitude – 100 marks
- Section 3 – General Knowledge – 100 marks
- Section 4 – Logical Reasoning – 100 marks
- CMAT does not has sectional cut-offs. Therefore, the merit list is prepared on the basis of total marks.
- If four students tie at the same score, higher rank is given to the one that has more marks in Quantitative ability. The preference is then given to the one with more marks in Logical reasoning, then Verbal ability and then General Awareness.
|Section No.||Section Name||No. of Questions||Marks per section|
|2||Verbal Ability/ Language comprehension||25||100|
|3||Numerical ability + Data Interpretation||25||100|
Subjects that have to be covered while preparation:
- Quantitative Technique (QT)
- Data Interpretation (DI)
- Language Comprehension (LC)
- Logical Reasoning (LR)
- As well as Current/General Awareness.
Get Detailed CMAT Syllabus Here!!!
Let’s take a look over the CMAT Preparation Tips Subject Wise:
Part 1- CMAT Quantitative Techniques & Data Interpretation Preparation:
There are some tips that can help you in preparing for the Quantitative and Data Interpretation Section much faster, take a look…
- Practice fast calculation techniques
- Know your formulas well.
- Register yourself with a website to solve online mock tests.
- Do not try to stick to a question to solve it again and again.
- If you are afraid of numbers and is weak at math, try to brush up your knowledge by solving entrance books.
Check Out: Data Interpretation Questions With Solutions
Part 2 – CMAT Reasoning Preparation:
Reasoning is the second section to prepare, follow these tips to prepare better…
- Maintain a cool while solving this. Any misunderstood fact can lead to all wrong answers.
- For family tree, blood relation, direction questions try to make a chart in rough.
- Break your paragraph in smaller sentences while attempting the Inference based, cause & effect, assumption questions.
Do You Know: How to Prepare for Reasoning
Part 3 – CMAT Language Comprehension Preparation:
Sometimes language becomes a barrier and sometimes it becomes a boon , here are some tips to prepare the language section…
- While attempting the composition question, read the questions before the paragraph. This will help you mark your answers as you read, saving time.
- Strengthen your vocabulary. This can be done by learning the words from previous tests besides regular practice.
- For sentence correction questions, try to re-read the corrections in your mind.
START Practice With: English Language Quiz
Part 4- CMAT General Awareness Preparation:
The most easier and marks gaining section is General Awareness Section , if you want to score well in the exam then must prepare this section well.. Here are some tips that will help you in scoring mush better in this section , have a glance…
- This is the area which can help you achieve maximum.
- Brush up your knowledge by reading regular dailies and magazines.
- Take up tests and solve papers.
- Divide your GK preparation in sections and make maximum notes.
Read Also: Prepare for GK for Competitive exams
Tricks To Crack CMAT Exam
Familiar with Paper Pattern:
Candidates appearing for exam should know well CMAT Paper Pattern before Preparation. Then only start preparing for the exam according to the time table and subjects along with the marking scheme.
Check Updated: CMAT Exam Pattern
Create Brief Notes:
Making the brief notes for each subject is a great way to prepare for the exams as this will help you to clear your concepts easily and remember them. Moreover it also reduces the revision time and creates interest in studies for the concerned topics.
After you have made an appropriate time table for studies, start firstly with the basics of a subject, but prefer to have the one which you found bit easy. There are maximum chances for questions to come from basics. This will help you to score more in the exam.
Check Out: CMAT Previous Year Question Papers
If you have much of time to prepare then try to solve or take topics that you find difficult or you don’t understand them, do prepare these topics only otherwise you should prepare easy sections first and then give time to the tough section.
Give Regular tests:
Taking tests regularly will help you a lot to increases your confidence and make you familiar with the paper pattern and the type of questions that can come in exam. Practice as many CMAT mock tests as you can to increase your performance level in an exam. Practice makes a man perfect.
Read Here: CMAT Sample Paper
Efficiency with Speed:
It usually happens in exam that answering a particular question will take a lot of time. Participant should make a balance between the effectiveness and speed in order to acquire the relevant score. By doing more and more Practice, the balance between the two can be gained.
You should schedule your time in such a way that you also have to devote your time to proper Revision. Revision is required to recall the things you have prepared and is necessary so. Revision assures your success and also enhances your confidence for exam.
You Can Also Check: CMAT Coaching Institutes
Read questions carefully:
As soon as the test starts, read quickly all the questions and in your mind mark the questions which you are comfortable to attempt…
Candidates appearing for CMAT usually find it too difficult to preparing well for the actual test. Let’s check out here How to Prepare for CMAT, go well with entire page and get effective Preparation Tips and Tricks To Crack CMAT Exam. Mostly people found it difficult to prepare for examination and especially entrance test because of high competition and due to this, they can’t make out that exactly where they should start and also how. Therefore, read well the above article. We expect that this article will guide you bit with the details provided over here. So, Prepare well with dedication and concentration, do well and we wish you ‘All the Best’…
Have A Look On This Useful Section
|CMAT Login||CMAT Result|
|CMAT Answer Key||CMAT Colleges List|
|CMAT Admit Card||How To Apply For CMAT|
|CMAT Registration||CMAT Eligibility Criteria|
|List Of Colleges Accepting CMAT Score||MBA Entrance Exams|