How to Prepare for CTET Exam
How to Prepare for CTET Exam 2019: Central Board of Secondary Education conducts CTET (Central Teacher Eligibility Test) to appoint the skillful teachers for Primary level & Upper Primary Level. Given Strategy to Crack CTET Paper–1, 2 in 60 days can help the appearing participants in the year 2019 for better preparation, so please have a look.
Know About CTET 2019 Important Dates:
Here we have provided tentative dates of CTET 2019 that can help you to avail expected timings for the preparation, so please have a glance:
|Online registration will commence from||December 2018|
|Closing date of registration||December 2018|
|Correction/modification window||December 2018|
|Availability of status of application form||January 2019|
|Release of admit card||January 2019|
|CTET 2019 Exam Date||February 2019|
|Announcement of result||April 2019|
|Issuance of CTET certificate and mark sheet||May 2019|
How to Prepare for CTET Exam 2019
After getting information about tentative dates of CTET 2019, you need to prepare your own study schedule and distribute course accordingly. Apart from it, you need to have complete CTET Study Material that has been provided below:
Collect CTET Study Material
Now candidates are required to have complete CTET 2019 Study Material. For your comfort we have provided question paper, previous year sample prepare, syllabus and exam pattern links. Apart from it, you may check CTET Preparation Books also by moving your cursor downwards on this page.
CTET Preparation Book
- Language-I: A Complete Resource for CTET: English and Pedagogy Language 1 by Geeta Sahni
- Language-II: CTET & TETs English Language & Pedagogy Paper I & II by Arihant Experts
CTET Paper I Books
- Mathematics: CTET & TETs for Class I-V Mathematics & Pedagogy by Arihant Experts
- Environmental Studies: CTET & TETs Environmental Studies & Pedagogy Class I-V by Arihant Experts
- Child Development and Pedagogy (for both Paper I and Paper II): CTET & TETs Child Development & Pedagogy (Paper I & II) by Arihant Experts
CTET Paper II Books
- Child Development and Pedagogy (compulsory) (for both Paper I and II): A Complete Resource for CTET: Child Development and Pedagogy by Sandeep Kumar
- Science and Mathematics (for Science/Mathematics teachers): CTET Success Master Paper-II Teacher Selection for Class VI-VIII Maths & Science by Arihant Experts
- Social Studies/Social Science (for social science/social studies teachers): CTET Success Master Science Social/Studies Paper-II for Class VI-VIII by Arihant Experts
Get List of: Famous Books and Authors for Competitive Exams
Strategy to Crack CTET 2019 Paper–1 & 2 in 60 days
After getting details about tentative schedule as well as collecting the CTET Preparation Material, you need to distribute time duration to the each topic from which questions will be asked in Central Eligibility Test. Apart from it, you must have knowledge regarding topics completely that has been provided below:
#1. CTET Child Development & Pedagogy Preparation
- Consist of “NOTES FOR TEACHERS” given in the each text book of CBSE.
- Focus on thinker’s ideologies, theories, child psychology and philosophy.
- 15 questions from each sub section of the Child Development Section will be asked.
- Be thorough with the concept of Inclusive Education and Understanding Children as 5 questions will be asked from this topic.
- Special Focus on ‘Topic Thinkers Thoughts and Principles’.
- Go through the previous year’s question papers thoroughly as some questions will be repeated.
- Participants should know syllabus and content of every book of CBSE board from class I-IV.
Must Check: Last Minute Exam Study Preparation Tips
#2. CTET Language I and II Preparation
- Good speed in solving comprehension and prose problems
- Must read at least one English newspaper or magazine on the daily basis
- Your proficiency in the Language used to teach will be tested in this section.
- 2 Unseen Passages will be asked (one from Prose and another from Drama).
- Prose question can be Literary, Scientific, Narrative or Discursive.
- A poem will be given in the question paper and one question will be asked based on the poem.
- There will be questions on Grammar and Verbal Ability.
- Questions will be asked similar to those in Language I.
- This section tests your proficiency in the Second Language used for Communication
- Make a habit of regular reading and speaking of your Second Language.
- Language 2 constitutes the development of child language.
- Principle and role of language speaking are the main topics in this section.
Do You Know: How To Maximize Your Score In Exam
#3. CTET Mathematics I and II Preparation
- Number system, geometry, algebra, mensuration, data handling and arithmetic are some of the main topics to be prepared very well.
- Questions on pedagogy will be asked.
- Remember all the formulas properly.
- You must have a sound understanding of this section.
- Practical Teaching methods and their Practical Application must be understood.
- Before the exam, CBSE will produce sample papers for Mathematics.
- Mathematics may carry secondary level questions; to prepare this candidate should regularly solve some problems of mathematics.
START Now: Mathematics Quiz
#4. CTET Environmental Studies Preparation
- Geography, history and natural resources are some topics covered by the section of Environmental Studies.
- The questions asked will be General and basic, study the NCERT books of Class I to V and Geography books of Class VI to VIII.
- Fundamentals of environment is very important, this can be studied online also.
- Watch the Daily News Clips and read the Newspaper every day.
- Attempt Random Quizzes on General Knowledge and Awareness to help your chances of clearing this section.
#5. CTET Science Preparation
- Only 30 MCQ questions will be asked from this section based on Class VI to VIII Syllabus.
- Solve all problems given in Science books from class VI to VIII.
- Attempt online tests and solve sample papers as you can.
- Questions on Unit Conversion and Basic Cell Formation will be asked.
- A few questions from Chemistry will also be asked.
More Links Related To CTET
|CTET Question Paper||CTET Admit Card|
|CTET Sample Papers||CTET Answer Key|
|CTET Syllabus||CTET Exam Pattern|
|CTET Eligibility Criteria||CTET Application Form|
CTET Exam Analysis 2018: Overall
|Subject||Difficulty Level||Good Score|
|Child Development & Pedagogy||Moderate||22-24|
|Science & Mathematics|
(For Science Students)
(For Arts Students)
|Easy to Moderate||46-52|
|Hindi||Easy to Moderate||23-26|
Further, aspirants can go through section-wise CTET exam analysis of the last year below:
|CTET Exam Analysis of Child Development Pedagogy|
|Topic||No of Questions|
|Development and its Relation to Learning||2|
|Individual Differences & Socialisation Processes||4|
|Questions Related to Theories||4|
|Concept of Inclusive Education||2|
|Language, Thinkers and Thought||3|
|Learning and Pedagogy||7|
|Questions Related to Education Act||1|
|Conceptual & Practical Questions||3|
|CTET Exam Analysis for Social Studies|
|Social Science Pedagogy||14|
|Other Miscellaneous Questions||4|
|CTET Exam Analysis for Science & Mathematics|
|Percentage, Profit & Loss||3|
|Data Analysis & Probability||2|
|Geometry & Algebra||4|
|Biology & Earth Science||8|
Read Out Here: Tips to Make Study Interesting
CTET Cutoff of the Previous Year
The cutoff that aspirants need to meet in order to qualify CTET exam is mentioned in the table below:
|Category||CTET Marks Cutoff||CTET Percentage Cutoff|
|OBC/ SC/ ST||82||55|
Some General Tips To Crack The CTET 2019
#1.Be Real To Yourself during Preparation
Cracking CTET is not that much easy, but you should see it in a positive way and try to prepare well whether you have prepared less or more. Be genuine to yourself during preparations.
#2.Try To Study Every Subject
You can make your own notes of every subject which will include the main topic of that subject, which will help you at the last day of preparation that you will not have to study whole book, those notes will enough.
You are just left with 1 month of your preparations. So, stop wasting your time on negative thinking. Think positive and build up a positive attitude in you and your environment.
#4.Manage Your Speed
During examination level of speed is the most important thing because of the limited time given to you to complete your exam. For this you can practice previous years question paper again and again. It really matters a lot.
Tips To Keep In Mind During Examination
#1.Don’t try to guess the answers, read it carefully and then answer the same. Guessing can be a bad trick some times.
#2.Make sure that you do not spend much time on one question. Try to manage your time by distributing it according to sections.
#3.Do not panic, answer your paper calmly.
#4.Try to attempt all the easy questions first, and then you will get enough time to solve the difficult ones.
#5.At last, if you are left with sometime after completing your exam then try to revise the whole paper.
For more updates regarding How to Prepare for CTET Exam 2019? Strategy to Crack Paper–1, 2 in 60 days or any others, you are suggested to be in touch with our portal.
Something That You Should Put An Eye On
|Best Ways To Finish Exam On Time||How to Prepare for Written Exam|
|How Can You Write Fast In Exams?||Health Hazards due to over Studying|
|Common Mistakes You Make in Tests||Tips to Manage Time In Exam|