How to Prepare for CTET Exam
You may be finding the suitable answer of How to Prepare for CTET Exam 2018 which is conducted two times in one year by Central Boards of Secondary Education (CBSE). Around 7.76 lakh candidates applied for CTET Exam last year. This year also many candidates are standing to attempt this examination. This exam is conducted to find out the best teachers for primary and secondary classes respectively.
Some might have started their preparation for CTET Exam and some had not started yet. So, there is nothing to worry about, we are with some tips to prepare, exam syllabus and pattern of the examination through which you will definitely understand the strategies to Crack CTET Paper 1 and 2 in just one Month. Here we are also mentioning some mostly recommended books which could help you out of the problems arise during your preparation.
How to Prepare for CTET
Most of the students must be in search of CTET exam pattern. Here we are providing you a brief description of exam pattern followed by the CTET Exam Syllabus.
CTET Examination Includes Two Papers: PAPER I and PAPER II.
PAPER I is conducted for the participants who are interested in primary level teaching. The syllabus for this exam is every year decided by Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE). It is distributed in five different sections. They are as follows:
- Child Development And Pedagogy(The Method Of Teaching)
- Language Comprehension(language 1)
- Pedagogy In Language Development(language 2)
- Environmental Studies
Each section includes 30 questions which carry 1 mark each. Multiple Choice Questions will be asked. Extra mark will not be deducted for any wrong answer. Mostly the questions in this examination will be of primary class’s level; moreover it can extend little bit to secondary class’s level. Examiner can also test your teaching aptitude through some of the questions.
Get Here Marking Scheme: CTET Exam Pattern in Detail
Some important tips for the preparation of PAPER I:
- Child development and pedagogy may consist of “NOTES FOR TEACHERS” given in the each text book of CBSE. Candidate should try to solve mock tests available online. This will increase your confidence level. In child development one must focus on thinker’s ideologies, theories, child psychology and philosophy.
- Participants should know syllabus and content of every book of CBSE board from classes I-IV. He/she should be confident about the subjects. Candidates should solve previous years question papers to take an idea of the questions and to check their time and speed accuracy.
- Participants should have a good speed in solving comprehension and prose problems, with this they can understand the contents easily. All candidates are advised to read at least one English newspaper or magazine on the daily basis, because reading speed matters a lot in language 1.
- Language 2 constitutes the development of child language. To prepare this one can observe children around them and try to note how they develop their languages. Principle and role of language speaking are the main topics in this section.
- Mathematics may carry secondary level questions; to prepare this candidate should regularly solve some problems of mathematics. Remember all the formulae properly. Number system, geometry, algebra, mensuration, data handling and arithmetic are some of the main topics to be prepared very well.
- Geography, history and natural resources are some topics covered by the section of Environmental Studies. Candidates are always study the short notes. Fundamentals of environment is very important, this can be studied online also.
Get Previous Year Papers with Answers: CTET Question Paper
PAPER II is organized for the aspirants who are interested in elementary classes. Difficulty level can be of secondary level. This examination includes 4 sections.
- Child development and pedagogy
- Language comprehension(language 1)
- Pedagogy in language(language 2)
- Mathematics and Social Science/Social Studies
First three sections are compulsory and fourth section is optional, whether you have to choose Mathematics and Science or Social Studies. This choice should be done very carefully. They have to understand the needs of learners.
First three sections of the examinations carries 30 questions of 1 mark each, but last i.e. an optional section carry 60 questions. This examination also contains questions in the form of Multiple Choice Questions.
Get New CBSE CTET Paper 1 & 2 Syllabus: CTET Syllabus
Some important tips for the preparation of PAPER II
- Child development and Pedagogy questions are to be studied very carefully as they can confuse a participant. This section is kept to examine the educational psychology of teaching and learning which is appropriate to the age group of 11-14 years of the candidates. Candidates are strictly advised to develop their understanding of the subject material from teachers, experts or facilitators.
- Language 1 is to check your knowledge related to the medium of language you have opted for. So, candidates are advised to choose the language carefully.
- Similarly in Language 2 examiners will check the elements of language, communication and comprehension abilities. So, candidates are advised to improve their comprehension and communication skills.
- Mathematics concepts and formulae should be revised regularly and participant should try to solve a problem in minimum time. As this section is common in paper 1 as well as paper 2, the syllabus for both the paper will remain the same. So there is only a need to revise the whole section and remember all the formulae and concepts.
- If you are choosing Social Studies rather than mathematics than you can prefer some CBSE NCERT books for the knowledge of concepts. History, geography and politics are the main topics of social studies section. Questions can also be on the basis of current affairs. So, candidates are also advised to read newspapers on daily basis.
- Similarly as PAPER I, for PAPER II also students should practice previous years question papers. Mock test papers, sample papers and previous years question papers are available online.
Also Download Here: CTET Sample Papers
How to Prepare for CTET Exam
Some General Tips To Crack The CTET 2018
- Be real to yourself during preparation– Cracking CTET is not that much easy, but you should see it in a positive way and try to prepare well whether you have prepared less or more. Be genuine to yourself during preparations.
- Try to study every subject– You can make your own notes of every subject which will include the main topic of that subject, which will help you at the last day of preparation, that you will not have to study whole book, those notes will enough.
- Be confident– You are just left with 1 month of your preparations. So, stop wasting your time on negative thinking. Think positive and build up a positive attitude in you and your environment.
- Manage your speed– During examination level of speed is the most important thing because of the limited time given to you to complete your exam. For this you can practice previous years question paper again and again. It really matters a lot.
Tips To Keep In Mind During Examination
- Don’t try to guess the answers, read it carefully and then answer the same. Guessing can be a bad trick some times.
- Make sure that you do not spend much time on one question. Try to manage your time by distributing it according to sections.
- Do not panic, answer your paper calmly.
- Try to attempt all the easy questions first, and then you will get enough time to solve the difficult ones.
- At last, if you are left with sometime after completing your exam then try to revise the whole paper.
Some Mostly Recommended Books Are:
|Child Development And Padagogy||Arihant Publications|
|Quantitative Aptitude For Competitive Examinations||R.S. Aggarwal|
|Environmental Studies||Wiley Publications|
|English Language||Pearson Publication, Geeta Sahni|
|CBSE CTET Mathematics books||Arihant Publications|
|CTET Environmental Studies Books||Kiran Publications|
|CBSE CTET Child Development and Pedagogy||Diksha Publications|
|Study Guide for CTET Paper I English (Class 1-5 Teachers) 3rd Edition||Diksha Publications|
|CTET Paper 2 Mathematics & Science||Anita Srivastav, Babita Kumari|
|Solved Papers CTET Paper 2 Mathematics & Science||Arihant Publications|
Get List of: Famous Books and Authors for Competitive Exams
We hope that the designed tips and strategies have made it easy for yo u to prepare well for your CTET Examination. Your hard work and dedication will definitely help you in cracking this exam and you’ll get the job of your taste. We wish all the very best to all the candidates appearing for CTET Exam 2018.
Something That You Should Put an Eye On
|CTET Application Form||CTET Admit Card|
|CTET Result||TET Entrance Exam|
|CTET Answer Key||Teaching Jobs|
|TET Syllabus||TET Model Question Paper|