How To Prepare For IES Exam
Are you also the one who considers IES preparation to be most difficult task? Many applicants have this common question is their mind that How to Prepare for IES Exam, well as it is observed that Cracking Indian Administrative Service is just like a fantasy for numerous of youngsters. No doubt UPSC ESE is termed amongst the toughest examination held in India but trust me. If you have that inner will, you just need a smart move and success will reach following you to the moon and back. So here we have presented some Tips and Strategies To Crack IES Exam which will surely benefit the applicants to the extent.
IES is a well desired career, and every year lakhs of engineering students participated in the Indian Engineering Services exam for a few hundred seats. So, to get selected for these limited seats the biggest question is that How to Prepare for IES Exam 2018. To resolve this query here on this page we are disclosing some ways through which candidates can easily Crack UPSC IES Exam.
It is very necessary for the students to follow a strategy for preparation of exam, and to make it more easy you can make subject wise plan as it will be useful to you to focus individually on each subject. In this concern candidates can check below given tips subject wise to prepare for Indian Administrative Service examination.
How To Prepare For IES Exam
- General English
This paper is settled down to examine the basic knowledge of the candidates about the subject English. To tackle the questions of General English you need to refer English grammar books and have a clear conception about the usage of words, parts of speech and tenses. Try to improve your vocabulary by learning few new words on a daily basis.
When you are learning new words, try to learn their antonyms and synonyms too. Make a habit of reading an English newspaper daily likes Times of India, the Hindu etc. This will help to enlarge your vocabulary at a great extent. Take as many online English mock tests as possible.
Get Details – English Grammar Quiz
- General Knowledge
This section of IES paper checks the candidate’s knowledge on current affairs and Geography, history and other subjects. To prepare for this segment, you need to be aware of what is happening in the country.
Read newspapers, mazines such as pratiyogita darpan, samanya gyaan darpan etc. and watch the news on TV regularly so that you are updated on what is happening around you. Read many latest GK books as much as possible.
Read Now – General Knowledge Online Test
- Civil / Mechanical / Electrical / Electronics & Telecommunication Engineering
Preparing for either one of the subjects Civil / Mechanical / Electrical / Electronics & Telecommunication Engineering firstly you have to familiar with the latest syllabus of the exam of each subject.
You have to prepare in such a way that not a single topic is left out, because a single topic is play a key role in the exam. Make a routine, give sufficient time to each topic of the syllabus and stick to it. The routine must allow you to complete the syllabus thoroughly and even revise it before the examination.
Know About – How To Make a Effective Time Table For Studies
- Tricks to prepare for IES Interview
The personal interview will be held once a candidate has qualified the written test of IES. The personal interview will review a candidate on management qualities, physical and intellectual abilities, presence of mind.
Also Check – IES Interview Questions & Answers
Prepare some of the questions about yourself with genuine answers like the subjects of your interest, your educational background, and your positive & negative qualities. Try to Sharpen and harness your logical opinion and reasoning.
Generic tips for Prepare of IES Exam
Remember, it is a very tough exam and it requires 100 percent preparation.
- Make a time schedule and Divide your time efficiently in each subject. Make sure that sufficient time is dedicated to prepare each paper.
- In order to crack this exam, you must consult the recommended books such as Strength of Materials /Mechanics of Structure by Gare & Timoshenko, Signal and System by Oppenheim and Willsky etc.
- IES paper have a negative marking, it is advisable not to answer the question if you are not confident about them.
- Try to solve old IES question papers as possible and also give mock test, this will give you an idea about the pattern of occurrence of the questions and also help in time management.
- Time plays an important role while taking this exam. Candidate should be clear on how much time to be spent on each question don’t waste the time if you are not able to solve any question switch to another question.
- Finally, just be confident about yourself that you will be able to crack the IES exam. This positive approach in you will surely go a long way in helping you to clear this exam.
Students who are preparing for IES examination must note that this article is specially furnished for their convenience by our researching team members of recruitmentresult.com. Not only this we have mentioned general tips from experts. One who will dedicatedly follow the above given tips regularly can surely crack IES exam, our team wishes you good luck for the exam, hope you reach the height of success.
For more information visit Official Website of Union Public Service Commission.
Check More Useful Links:
|IES Selection Procedure||IES Exam Pattern|
|IES Application Form||IES Syllabus|
|IES Result||IES Notification|
|Last Minute Exam Preparation Tips||UPSC IES Admit Card|