How To Prepare For PSU Exams
In the epoch of globalization and privatization one can merely dream of government jobs as nowadays it becomes very hard to get government job. Although if one is very enthusiastic to have a government job, the only way to go is to clear the entrance exam and interview for a particular vacancy in governmental sector.
Candidates if you are getting confused that How to Prepare for PSU Exams, here on this page we are presenting some Best Preparation Tips & Tricks for Public Sector Undertaking Exam (PSU). Be the first to know latest news related to How to Prepare for PSU Exams 2017 by our portal. If you are determined and make use of the following recommendations, then you will absolutely get the success over this examination because achieving it is not a big deal if you create an appropriate way of preparation.
Making preparation for PSU, i.e. Public Sector Undertakings is actually not an easy task. PSU is the abbreviation for Public Sector Undertaking. These are units regulated by the govt of India and may be organizations or state-owned enterprises. The PSUs consistently undertake large projects, and in the procedure generate several job possibilities. By cracking the PSU examination, you can get employed in PSUs.
PSU Exam Pattern
The PSU exam can usually be split up into two parts: technical and non-technical.
Technological Area: It focuses on the subject specialization of the relevant discipline such as Computer Science & Engineering (CSE), Electronics & Communication Engineering (ECE), and Mechanical Engineering etc.
Applicants need to prepare for both the parts. Usually, 50 to 70 % of the questions are from the technological area, while the rest are from the non-technical section.
How to Prepare for PSU
Here are few tips that will enable you to prepare for PSU Exam:
- Be aware with the complete syllabus. Understand the subjects involved and then select the best and recommended study materials that will cover the syllabus completely. You can obtained the study materials either online or offline.
- Allocate sufficient time to every subject of syllabus. You must select all this in advance so as to keep away from any last minute confusion.
- Refer to previous year question papers as much as possible. That provides you an idea as what to anticipate. Solving the question papers will also help you to understand your areas of strength and weak point.
- Consult as many referrals books as possible such as Electrical Objective Question Bank – GALGOTIA publications, C.L Wardhwa – Electrical Power Systems etc.
- At last do the revision of complete syllabus or essential part before the examination day.
- Most of the questions asked are basically technical in nature and focuses on your practical skills. If your basic fundamentals of a particular subject are clear, you can answer those questions with an ease.
- Last but not the least; don’t let anxiety get to you. Believe that you can clear the PSU Exam by following a organized routine and putting in the needed amount of effort and hard work.
Get Details – Written Exam Techniques
Is It Compulsory To Give GATE Exam Before Going For PSU Jobs?
If you are applying in a PSU where GATE ranking is needed, then you will have to first qualify the GATE Exam. In that situation, you will have to start preparations for GATE exam in advance. PSU is a corporation in the public sector where the Indian government takes control of the management of a particular company. Candidates applying for jobs in PSU’s must have qualified the GATE Exam. There are approximately 237 public sector undertakings in India. Each PSU company in India conduct an exam and the students need to qualify for the interview. Some of the PSUs where the GATE is mandatory are:
Many PSUs hire on the basis of the GATE. Actually, for most of the PSUs, the GATE is a main requirement that applicants have to satisfy in order to apply for the various available positions. Some of the PSUs where the GATE is compulsory are: HPCL, Power Grid, NHPC, NTPC, Mazagon Dok Ltd., BPCL, IOCL, NLC, GAIL, NFL, Vizag Steel, CEL, NPCC and MECL etc. However, some PSUs hire without the GATE ranking.
The Group Discussion is performed to assess the behavior of a person, to check his management abilities, team-building capability, collaboration abilities, and the capability to lead. There are no specific guidelines to get ready for the Group Discussion; however, these points may be of use:
- Concentrate subjects related current affairs and some common subjects
- When the topic is given to you during the Group Discussion, understand it properly. In case of any doubt, ask immediately.
- Practice self talk
- Write down some of the concepts of the subject before speaking and speak in an structured manner
- Contribute your part in the group and pay attention to others when they are speaking
- Be assertive; don’t fight when you are in the Group Discussion. Show leadership qualities.
Read Also – Group Discussion: Do’s & Don’ts
Electrical Engineering Competitive Exam Books
Some of the books for preparation are:
- Practice IES and GATE previous papers
- Electrical Objective Question Bank – GALGOTIA publications
- Objective Questions at the back side of the books
- JB Gupta – A Course in Electrical Machines and A Course in Electrical Power Systems
- C.L Wardhwa – Electrical Power Systems
- Bhimbra – Power Electronics
- Sawhney – Electrical Measurements
There are lots of coaching centers in India for the preparation of the PSU exam that assists students to make the preparation in a correct manner and under the accurate guidance. Regular classroom training program is the best supporter for the students to get prepared for the exams. These institutes assist you to secure good rankings PSU entrance exam.
Latest PSU Jobs
These coaching institutes give you detailed information about the exams. Apart from teaching you the diverse ways to clear this competitive exam, these coaching institutes will also provide you the assignments. With the help of quality study material and assignments it becomes easy for the students to prepare for the exam in a systematic manner.
The personal interview will basically test your personality. Before going for the interview, learn all about the PSU and its various projects. See how best you can contribute to these projects. Sound technical knowledge, positive attitude, body language, good communication skills play an important role to clear personal interviews.
- Personal Interview will be mostly technological. Before going for an Interview, understand all about the PSU and its numerous projects. See how best you can contribute to these projects.
- If you are conscious of all these, the way you response their queries during the interview will instantly allow them to understand how much you know about them and your eagerness to perform on their projects.
- Prepare for some questions from your Bio-data form. Also, be ready with answers about your positive and negative Point.
- Don’t try to argue with the interview panel member. Be Polite and confident.
Check Know – Interview Tips For Freshers
Know About – Interview Questions and Answers
We are wishing you all the best for all the applicants for PSU Examination. Candidates are suggested to follow these above described guidelines and tricks to prepare well for the exam.
You may bookmark this page for more details regarding How to Prepare for PSU Exams 2017 because we are working on regular basis. You can also subscribe our Email service which is absolutely free and fetch latest info on your mailbox. Applicants if you have any query regarding this notification then you can ask freely. You can also join us on Facebook and Google Plus to get updated career related information directly to your wall.
Something That You Should Put An Eye On
|How to Improve English||Online Test Series|
|How To Prepare For GK||Last Minute Exam Preparation Tips|
|How To Find Online Study Material||How to Prepare for Reasoning|
|General Knowledge Online Test||Written Exam Techniques|