How To Prepare For SBI Specialist Officer
If you’re wondering that How To Prepare For SBI Specialist Officer exam, This page will introduce some effective SBI Specialist Officer Interview Cracking Tips. ‘State Bank of India’ an Indian corporation is a Public Sector banking and financial services association. SBI is a governmental corporation who is authorized to conducts Exams every year just to hire suitable candidates for post of Specialist Officers.
Since, Bank Jobs are considered the best, reputed and mostly preferred jobs in terms of safety, security, salary and many other extra benefits. Job seekers, youngsters and also experienced in bulk appears for SBI recruitment examinations. SBI conducts recruitment examinations to choose the best, skilled and suitable aspirants for placing them at various job placements. So, they just aim to search enthusiastic, skilled and eligible contenders as a worker.
How To Prepare For SBI Specialist Officer
So let’s start a tour with How to Prepare for SBI Specialist Officer, its syllabus/ exam pattern, Interview Cracking Tips, procedure, etc. One can acquire all details regarding this examination’s Syllabus, etc from this article which is an Ultimate Guide to Explain All about of SBI PO Exam 2016. So, read it carefully and increase your knowledge about it.
Here are some tips to crack SBI SO examination 2016 and all the candidates who have applied for exam and going to appear in the exam should keep these points in mind. There will be only 4 sections. Generally SBI PO/SO/Clerk examination will be conducted in two stages, which are stated below:
- Online Test
All those candidates who will pass the written test will be called next for the personal interview process and after this they will be finally selected for the post.
SBI Specialist Officer Exam Pattern;
|S.No||Posts||Tests||No of ques.||Marks||Duration|
|1.||Deputy Manager (Law)||Test of Reasoning||70||70*||90 Minutes|
|Professional Knowledge||50||100||45 Minutes|
|2.||Assistant Manager (System)||Test of Reasoning||50||50*||90 Minutes|
|Professional Knowledge||50||100||45 Minutes|
Here are some of the details which the candidates need to know. There will be sectional cutoff as well as overall cutoff I the examination. It is important to note that candidates can leave behind some of the section like banking awareness GA etc which will not be asked in the examination. You can leave the following section in the exam.
- There is NO General Knowledge section.
- There are NO Current Affairs questions.
- There are NO Banking and Marketing Questions.
SBI Online Practice Test
- START: Quantitative Aptitude Quiz
- START: English Language Online Quiz
How To Prepare For SBI SO Syllabus Section Wise;
1. Quantitative Aptitude:
- The quantitative aptitude test is totally based on measures the numerical ability and accuracy in mathematical calculations.
- Do not try to study everything because this will end up cramming and thus there’ll be a risk being under prepared.
- Accuracy and Speed are the keys for scoring maximum in this section.
- Solve at least 50 questions every day and Start giving Mock Tests.
- Must Remember; Just Start from the basics, Memorise important formulas, theorems and tables, Mark strong and weak sections, Read the questions carefully.
- Mathematics XI & XII (Basic Textbooks) by R.D. Sharma
- The Pearson Guide to Quantitative Aptitude and Data Interpretation for the CAT by Nishit Sinha
- Modern Geometry by Durrel M. A.
- Quantitative Aptitude by Dr. R.S. Agarwal
- Quantitative Aptitude For Competitive Examinations: Tips, Techniques, and Shortcut Methods by Guha Abhijit
You May Also Check:- How to Prepare for Maths
- This section tests a person’s mathematical ability.
- Most of the questions in the reasoning section focus on choice making based on critical and scientific thinking.
- It is very important to practice as many questions as you can from reasoning section.
- You should also focus on how to solve different types of reasoning question.
- Verbal and Nonverbal Reasoning by R S Aggarwal
- Analytical Reasoning by M K Pandey
- A New Approach to Reasoning Verbal and Non-Verbal (English) 1st Edition by B S Sijwali, Indu Sijwal
- Logical and Analytical Reasoning (English) 1st Edition by A.K Gupta
- How to Crack Test of Reasoning: In All Competitive Exam (English) by Arihant Publishers
How to Prepare for Reasoning:- Read Here
3. English Language:
- You should focus on improving your vocabulary and English grammar knowledge.
- You must read Newspapers, articles, novel etc and try to focus on the words whose meaning you don’t know.
- To prepare, one can start reading English newspapers regularly, learn a couple of new words every day.
- Simply note down the antonyms and synonyms of words, practice comprehension, and watch English news on a regular basis.
Recommended Book & Online Course List
- Paid online SBI PO Prelims Mock Tests
- SBI PO Online Course by Career Power
- Objective English (by Hari Mohan Prasad)
- English Grammar (Wren and Martin)
- Essential English Grammar (Raymond Murphy)
- Word Power Made Easy (Norman Lewis)
Read Also:- Tips to Study English For Competitive Exam
4. General Awareness:
- Most Important piece of paper is Professional Knowledge.
- For this section you must go through books from last study like B. tech or graduation books.
- CLAT & LLB Entrance Exam
- General awareness 2013 by Manohar Pandey
- 3rd Activity Book by Dreamland
- Business General Awareness by L N Koli
- General Banking and Economic Awareness by Kiran Prakashan
- General awareness basic banking & Financial Issues by Gautam Majumdar
- General awareness Kit by Bright Ps
5. Computer knowledge:
- This is usually an easy section and is based on simple applications.
- If you know the basics of computers and the working of MS Windows and MS Office, you will be able to score decent marks in this section.
- You may also choose to refer to basic NCERT Computer books.
- Computer Networks by Andrew S. Tanenbaum
- Computer Architecture by JL Hennessy
- Computer Networking by Keith W. Ross, james F. Kurose
- The art of Computer Programming by Donald E.Knuth
- Computer Fundamentals by Pradeep Sinha, Priti Sinha
- Computer Oranization and design by David A. Patterson, John L.
- The Elements of Computer Systems by Noam Nisan, Shimon, Schocken
- Computer Organization by Carl Hamacher, Zvonko Vranesic, Safwat Zaky
- How to solve it by Computer by R.G Dromey
- Data and Computer Communications by William Stallings
Give Now:- Computer Knowledge Quiz
Selection Process For SBI SO:
Aspirants will be selected based on the performance of following phrases:
Check Related Links:-
SBI Specialist Officer Interview Cracking Tips
Here are the tips and tricks to crack pass the IBPS interview specialist officer post.
- Be Honest: Be Honest at the time of interview, this will really going to help you to clear the interview. Give them a very honest reply…U can hide truth… But u can’t lie…There is very big difference between these two.
- Don’t Show Your Attitude: Never show them attitude like means if I’ll get this job then it’s ok and if not then it’s also ok…. So don’t show this…. Instead Show this that you’re actually in the real need of the job.
- Confidence: Be confidence talk to them confidently. Answer each and every question confidently. This is the Key Trick to crack the Interview panel.
- Nervous: It is always said a little nervous always good for clearing the interview so the candidates are required to feel little nervous.
- Check Resume Twice: Before going to the interview read the resume carefully and have a brief knowledge about the material which you wrote in the resume.
Yes!! These are some key points which will definitely help you in cracking the interview panel.
For Preparing Well For Interview, Candidates Are Suggested To Read Below Stated Articles:-
IBPS Specialist Officer Interview Questions
IBPS specialist officer interview questions can be grouped into below categories
- HR questions
- Profile based questions
- Personality test questions
- Decision making questions
- Professional knowledge questions
I have listed major questions in a free download document. You can download the document from download link shared at the end of this article.
Read Also:- Develop Good Communication Skills
Expected Interview Questions:
It is not enough to have solid answers only for the below questions but you need to be prepared for the full spectrum of questions that may be presented.
- Tell me about yourself. (Even Qs related to your name/place can be expected if your name/place has prominence)
- Why did you choose this career?
- Do you have any plans for further education?
- Do you have any actual work experience?
- What have you been doing after graduation?
- Why are you leaving your current position? ( for working professionals)
- What other career options do you have?
- What goals do you have in your career?
- How do you plan to achieve these goals?
- What do you know about banking?
- What is a Bank?
- Why do you want to work in the Banking industry?
- Why don’t you join some private company?
- Why should I hire you?
- What will you do if you get a better offer?
- Where do you see yourself, five years from now?
- What is your greatest strength?
- Are you a team player?
- Do you handle pressure well?
- Do you have any location preferences?
- Will you relocate?
You must thoroughly prepare on inputs given in your bio data form (Before submitting the Bio-Data form do take a Photostat copy of the same)
To Know How To Write Good Resume:- Hit Here
Banking Related Questions:
- Who is the Governor of RBI/chairman of SBI?
- Who are the deputy governors of RBI?
- What are the basics of monetary policy?
- What are the functions of RBI?
- What are the important products or schemes launched by various banks recently?
- How is your professional knowledge going to be useful for the bank?
- What is CBS?
- CORE stands for?
- What is ‘Green Channel’?
- Any Ideas to improve Banking services…?
- What is PO’s?
- What is Plastic currency?
- What is an ATM?
Well, State Bank of India offers a huge jobs opportunity and if you are also wandering to have career in banking sector than go ahead…
All the Best!!
Something That You Should Put An Eye On
|SBI Recruitment||SBI Placement Papers|
|Bank Coaching Institutes||Bank Preparation Material|
|Upcoming Bank Jobs||Eligibility for Bank Jobs|
|Common Mistakes You Make in Tests||Tips To Create Your Own Study Guide|