How To Prepare For XAT
Know How to Prepare for XAT 2018 In 1 Month through this page!!!It is time, for all those, who are going to appear in Xavier Aptitude Test to wake up and brace them up for Cover Decision Making Section of XAT.
If earlier you have appeared for any other management entrance tests such as CAT, IIFT, SNAP, and performed as according to your potential, then you are half prepared for XAT. Go through this article and make plan to prepare For XAT 2018 in only 1 Month.
Preparation of XAT in 1 Month
Xavier Aptitude Test is an entrance exam, for which a huge number of candidates appeared for the admission in top B-schools including XLRI, XIMB, IMT and others. There are many significant B schools, which are recognizing CAT and XAT scores to provide admissions.
So if you want to get admission in Management courses, then you have to get qualify marks for this. Get the tips for preparation on the below wards of this portal, which is well structured by the team of recruitmentresult.com.
How To Prepare For XAT
How to Prepare for XAT in 1 Month
Each day of this particular month should be divided into four parts or you can say divide your subjects depending on your comfort, so that you can segregate your topics and methods of preparation, and emphasize on your priorities, strengthen what you excel at and improve on the skills that you lack.
|01||Verbal and Logical Ability and General Knowledge (GK)|
|02||Quantitative Ability and Data Interpretation (QA & DI)|
|04||Revise important topics or topics which has been left during your preparation|
Week#1: Verbal and Logical Ability and General Knowledge (GK)
- Critical Reasoning & Reading Comprehension areas have historically dominated this section.
- This section requires a very fine balance between quick reading and comprehension skills.
- Practicing across Mock Tests is essential for superior performance.
- Put greater emphasis on economics and business related facts
- Preparing current events for the last 6 months is essential
- In static GK part, focus on awards, books & authors and geography.
How to Do? XAT Registration
Week#2: Quantitative Ability and Data Interpretation (QA & DI)
- Majority of the questions featured in this area have come from Geometry, Number Systems, Functions, P&C, Probability and Data Interpretation.
- Strong conceptual base in the above topics, with a good application orientation is the key to doing well.
- Thrust areas are Geometry, Number Systems, P&C, Probability and Functions.
Week#3: Essay Writing
- XAT essay topics have had stronger abstract dimensions
- The topic is based on either a common phrase or an idiom with a philosophical hint implied within.
- The examiner is not only looking for language skills here, but is also evaluating coherence of thoughts, ability to provide logical arguments and your knowledge level.
- Reading the editorial page of national newspapers may be of great help in this section.
- It is recommended that you write sample essays and get them assessed on content and style.
Get in Detail: XAT Syllabus
- In the last week, first you have to make the list of topics which were left during preparation
- Then go through that topics
- After that revise important topics
- Be confident and solve previous year question paper
- Give online mock test to check your preparation or weak points
Check Below Given Section of XAT
|Top XAT Essay Writing Topics||XAT Login|
|XAT Exam Date||XAT Previous Year Papers|
|XAT Notification||XAT Cut Off|
|XAT Analysis||XAT Results|
|XAT Exam Pattern||XAT Mock Test|
|XAT Admit Card||Top XAT College List|
|XAT Answer Key||How to Calculate XAT Percentile|
How To Prepare For Decision Making Section Of XAT
Decision Making:Before preparing for Decision Making section, you need to know, what it is actually. Decision Making is a section that is unique to XAT. This section consists of mix managerial, mathematical and behavioral questions.
This is not the part to test your theoretical knowledge but it challenges the basic assumptions of your thoughts and checks the abilities of your understandings towards the real-world problems that are presented as cases in these questions.
According to Ravi Handa, MBA expert, “The Decision Making questions need a logical approach and a clear considerate of the circumstances. It frequently requires going through large amounts of text and then logically interpreting the information presented.”
To set it in conservative terms, it is a mixture of Reading knowledge and Logical Reasoning and conventionally students who are good in these two areas be liable to do well in the Decision Making section as well.”
Avoid Personal Opinions:
You don’t need to favor any one side in any particular case. It is an ordinary propensity of one to approve an approach based on your own value system. Do not permit personal opinions to cloud your ruling.
Do not select options that pronounce unsubstantiated judgments:
Many options, which present extreme scenarios are in fact nothing else but cunningly covered opinions. You must Remember, these opinions demand to emotion and can attract you to choose them.
Check Now: XAT Preparation Books
Question yourself and make sure you are not missing anything:
Majority of the time, you face with complicated scenarios, where you overlook one element or the other at the time of solving a problem. Make sure you question manually regarding these assumptions and make certain that you have not missed some vital piece of data.
Expert Tips To Crack XAT Exam Without Coaching
- Scheduling Preparation:
This is the most crucial factor that should be kept in mind before starting the preparation for exam. Proper planning makes a person to study according to the schedule and regularly in a given period of time.
Make a time table and then start preparing chapters for each subject. In this way, the whole syllabus can be covered easily and all topics can be prepared.
Check Also: MBA Preparation Books
- Do Practice:
Learning does not make you perfect to prepare for such a high level competitive exam. The one thing that should be fully adopted is that the participant should practice a lot until he/she becomes perfect in that particular chapter.
Learning with understanding is the best way to prepare such tough exams. Doing this makes a person to remember the topic till the exam occurs.
- Recognize your strong and weak sections:
This is the key factor that helps the participant to do preparation subject wise by more focusing on subjects that are weak. If a person finds that some portion of a weak subject is not important for exam then that portion should not be prepared.
Want to Know? Tips To Create Your Own Study Guide
- Solve Previous Year Papers:
This is the best way that will make you to get familiar with the questions that will come in exam. When the person practices previous year papers then this increases the ability to face the exam with much more confidence.
This also indicates the preparation level of a participant and how much he should have to work and practice and in which section to acquire the best score for exam.
- Strengthen your basics:
Participants must make their fundamentals strong with concern to all subjects for Preparation. If the basics are clear then complex topics are also understood easily. Maximum portion in exam is based on basics.
If your basics are strong thenit will help you to score well in exam. This is the most effective way to prepare for exam. Subjects like Decision making, Quantitative Aptitude are needed to be prepared in this way.
Check Here: MBA Entrance Exams
Overall, you have to put more focuson basics of time management, prioritization and striking a right balance between speed and accuracy. Study smartly and with intelligent approach helps you to crack your exam in first attempt.
If you have any query or doubts related to this post, then you may type your comment in below comment box. Our experts will try to solve your queries.